Tony Aiello, Kevin Kempskie, Matt Hanson, and David Alverson are a team of Father and Sons-In-Law on The Amazing Race: Family Edition.
The only team with no blood relations, they finished in 8th place when they ended up on the second charter bus in leg 3, then were the last team to make it to the "first come, first serve" Roadblock in the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, and didn't have enough time to make up the deficit.
Retrieved from CBS.com
When Tony Aiello first met the men who would eventually capture the hearts of his three beloved daughters, he never thought he'd end up racing around the world with them. "Forget about it," he'd quip.
Compelled by a gnawing curiosity about how his three sons-in-law would handle such a competition, Tony, leads the unlikely foursome from Mansfield, Massachusetts, for their first official trip without their wives by their side.
Tony, 57, is the leader in both age and experience. He works as a restaurant consultant and describes himself as protective and competitive. Even though his favorite movie of all time is the "Godfather," his tough exterior melts away when it comes to his daughters, who he says are his greatest accomplishment.
Kevin, 31, is married to one of Tony's twin daughters. His successful career in public relations for a high-tech company has honed his diplomatic skills. The father of two is a self-described risk-taker with a love for travel and adventure.
Matt, also 31, works as corporate project manager and is known for his fearlessness and sense of humor. Matt, married to Tony's other twin daughter, is a father of two as well.
David, 26, is the youngest on the team, but the most well-trained. His career as a police officer in Rhode Island is preceded by eight years as an infantryman in the U.S. Marine Corps. He's married to Tony's youngest daughter.
The Race will surely show these in-laws the different sides to each other as they are forced to bond outside the familiar comfort of their family circle.
The Amazing Race: Family Edition
|The Aiello Family's Race History|
|1||1||New York → New Jersey → Pennsylvania||Build It / Buggy It||No Roadblock||8 of 10|
|2||2||Pennsylvania → District of Columbia → Virginia||Heat of the Battle / Heat of the Night||David||5 of 9|
|3||3||Virginia → South Carolina → Alabama||Forrest Gump / Muddy Waters||Matt & David||8 of 8|
- First team of In-Laws.
- First family team that is not blood-related.
- Youngest average aged team to be the oldest team in a season, being 36.25 years at the time of racing.
- One of only three all-male teams who came in 8th without winning any leg.
- The only team in the Family Edition to have none of its members be blood-related.
- Julie Chen on The Early Show (10/12/2005): "Aiellos Exit The Amazing Race"
- Jenn Brasler at RealityNewsOnline (10/14/2005): "I Got to Know the Men My Daughters Love"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide Online (10/17/2005): "The Aiellos' Shrimp Are Cooked on Race"
- Tara Merrin at Jam Canoe (10/17/2005): "Amazing Aiello family have no regrets"
Social Media Profiles
- Tony's Facebook: /aiellotony
- Kevin's Facebook: /kempskie
- Matt's Facebook: /matt.hanson.31
- David's Facebook: /david.alverson.5
|The Amazing Race: Family Edition Teams|