Danielle Turner and Dani Torchio are a team of Childhood Friends on The Amazing Race 9.
Throughout the season, they constantly made bone-headed mistakes that almost got them eliminated, though they were far more memorable for all the flirting they did with Eric & Jeremy. They have the distinction of being the only direct victims of the Yield in the series when Lake & Michelle Yielded them near the end of the 4th leg, and Dani subsequently struggled with the statue Roadblock, allowing Ray & Yolanda to pass them, and finished 8th.
Retrieved from CBS.com 
Danielle & Dani are childhood friends hailing from Staten Island, New York. The two beauties met over 10 years ago and have been inseparable ever since.
Outgoing and talkative, Danielle, who recently graduated from St. Johns University with a degree in Speech Pathology, has limited experience when it comes to traveling abroad and is eager to see what this globetrotting adventure has to offer.
Dani recently graduated at the top of her class from Wagner College. She describes herself as being fun-loving, wild and eager to get out of Staten Island. Like her teammate, Dani also hasn't traveled very much. She hopes the Race will provide her with the chance to explore all the different cultures in the world.
Armed with bold personalities and a fearless attitude, the duo believes that anything is possible with good looks and thick accents, which they aren't afraid to use if it helps them to win the $1 million prize
The Amazing Race 9
|Danielle & Dani's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Motor Head / Rotor Head||No Roadblock||9 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Press It / Climb It||Danielle||8 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Russia → Germany||Scrub / Scour||Dani||6 of 9|||
|4||Break It / Slap It||Dani||8 of 9|
|5||4||Germany → Italy||Foundry / Laundry||Dani||8 of 8<|
- Danielle would later date fellow racer Eric and the two would win together as a new team on The Amazing Race: All-Stars.
- They broke-up after the race citing the long living distance that came between their relationship, but remain good friends.
- Danielle is now married and has three children.
- First team to be yielded and be eliminated in the same leg.
- First team to be eliminated in Sicily.
- Julie Chen on The Early Show (03/29/2006): "Race Bids 'Arrivederci' To Pinkies"
- Jenn Basler at RealityNewsOnline (03/30/2006): "Other Teams Thought We Would Be a Threat"
Social Media Profiles
- Danielle's Facebook: /danielle.turnerstout
|The Amazing Race 9 Teams|