Lynette "Lyn" Turk and Karlyn Harris are a team of Single Moms/Friends on The Amazing Race 10.
They were dismissed as weak early on after they had trouble scaling the Great Wall in the first leg, but they eventually showed that, despite their physical shortcomings, they had a shrewd understanding of the game. They were members of the Six Pack, except that, unlike the other two teams, they had a rather pragmatic view of the alliance, and took advantage of the other teams' kind natures to be the last of the Six Pack standing. They used their cunning and navigational skills to become the first all-female team to make the Final 3, where they went to Orly Airport in Paris instead of Charles de Gaulle Airport when trying to book tickets to New York, and were therefore last on the waiting list for the first flight. Missing that flight cost them the Race, and they finished in 3rd place.
Retrieved from CBS.com Lyn & Karlyn have been friends since the ninth grade, but the humorous banter that these single moms share makes them seem more like sisters. Referring to themselves as the "Black Debutantes" of the Race, this Alabama duo intends to compete with style, class and dignity.
Lyn lives in Birmingham, Alabama and teaches high school. A mother of three, she enjoys traveling, reading and meeting new people. Karlyn is a programming analyst who lives in Helena, Alabama with her daughter. She can be described as crazy, loud and creative and has a fear of flying.
The friends are excited about traveling abroad for the first time together and believe that their resourcefulness and ability to improvise will make them the Team to beat.
The Amazing Race 10
|Lyn & Karlyn's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Karlyn||9 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||Lyn||9 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||Karlyn||6 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||Karlyn||6 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||Lyn||5 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Manual / Automatic||Karlyn||4 of 7|
|7||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Salt / Sea||Lyn||5 of 6|||
|8||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Long Sleep / Short Letter||Lyn||5 of 6|
|9||9||Madagascar → Finland → Ukraine||Swamp This / Swamp That||Karlyn||3 of 5|||
|10||Make the Music / Find the Music||Lyn||4 of 5|
|11||10||Ukraine → Morocco||Throw It / Grind It||Karlyn||2 of 4<|
|12||11||Morocco → Spain||Lug It / Lob It||Lyn||2 of 4|
|13||12||Spain → France → United States||Art / Fashion||Karlyn||3 of 3|
- Just days before the season finale aired, Lyn's home was burglarized and almost of all her possessions were gone.
- In 2008, Lyn remarried her first husband (with whom she had three kids).
- Karlyn refused to sign the letter sent by Lyn to Dustin & Kandice in Leg 4 (of the Roadblock) on All-Stars.
- Lyn & Karlyn are the first all-female team to reach the final three and qualify for the final leg.
- First team to reach the final three without winning any previous legs.
- First team to finish the race without winning any leg.
- Lowest racing average of an all-female team who completed the race at 5.00. (Tied with Aleandra & Marlene).
- First team to perform 13 Roadblocks.
- Eric Goldman at IGN (12/13/2006): "Amazing Race Exclusive Interview: Lyn & Karlyn"
- Jenn Brasler at Reality News Online (12/18/2006): "You'll Never Know How You'll React Unless You're There"
Social Media Profiles
- Lyn's Facebook: /lyn.turk
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|