Neil Lumsden and Kristin Lumsden are a Father/Daughter team on The Amazing Race Canada 3.
Aside from a first place finish in Leg 3, they mostly finished in the latter half of the standings, never finishing higher than 6th in all other legs. Upon arrival at Saskatoon's airport, they immediately found themselves overwhelmed with the Airport Flight Plan task, prompting Neil to tell the judge that they had decided to take a penalty after seeing Dujean & Leilani do the same. But while Dujean was able to breeze through the Trampoline Roadblock, Neil ended up struggling to complete the task. While they initially checked in the leg's Pit Stop in 4th, the other 3 trailing teams managed to check in, resulting in their elimination in 7th.
- Age: 62 (December 19, 1952)
- Occupation: Sport Marketing and Events Consultant/Football Coach
- Current City: Burlington, Ont.
- Hometown: Burlington, Ont.
- Strengths: Mental toughness, calm under pressure, and determination.
- Fears/ Phobias: Snakes
- Favourite Travel Destination: Greek Islands
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "Too loud."
- Age: 31 (May 10, 1984)
- Occupation: Makeup Artist/Skincare Specialist
- Current City: Toronto
- Hometown: Burlington, Ont.
- Strengths: Determination, adaptation, and photographic memory.
- Fears/ Phobias: Centipedes
- Favourite Travel Destination: Costa Rica
- Pet Peeve about Teammate: "He can be a bit of a know-it-all."
Neil and Kristin are an enthusiastic and humorous father/daughter team who bring physical strength and athletic prowess to the race. Neil is a Canadian Football Hall of Famer turned football coach who has three Grey Cup rings with the Edmonton Eskimos. Quick-witted Kristin is a makeup artist and sales/education executive for a skincare company.
Neil has a dry sense of humour and winning spirit while Kristin has a big heart and lots of tenacity. The two feel their biggest challenge has always been communicating and stubbornness. They both like to have the last word in an argument and often, it comes down to the loudest person who wins.
As for the team's biggest roadblock? While both are physically strong, Neil and Kristin are hopeful the race doesn't involve any crazy science challenges. "We have very similar strengths and weaknesses so that in itself is a roadblock. But really – no science experiments please," says Kristin.
As a football coach, Neil has learned a lot of valuable skills that he believes will be an asset in the race. Kristin has overcome learning disabilities to graduate from two post-secondary programs so she feels confident that she can handle any obstacle thrown her way.
Neil's son and Kristin's brother, Jesse Lumsden, is a retired CFL player turned Olympic Bobsledder for Team Canada – but it will be Neil and Kristin who hope to slide across the finish line before their competitors this time.
Neil and Kristin feel that 'The Amazing Race Canada' will strengthen their relationship. They would love to win the prize money so that their wife/mom can retire and relax, and Kristin would love to buy property in Toronto.
- Motto: "Play like a champion today!"
- Team they most associate with from Season 1 or 2: "Tim & Tim, their perseverance got them to the final."
- What fruit or vegetable matches your personality and why?
- Neil: Tomato - smart, wise, and goes with everything.
- Kristin: Carrot – long, sweet, and crunchy.
- If your life was being made into a movie, who would you cast to play you?
- Neil: Tom Selleck
- Kristin: Sandra Bullock
- What's in your backpack? 2 pair shorts, 2 T-shirts, 4 pair underwear, 4 pair socks, 1 warmer jacket, 1 hat, 1 diary, 1 pair gloves, 1 pair of long traning pants, 1 sunglasses, 1 reading glasses, lots of Aleve and vitamins, 4 power bars, 1 water bottle (Neil)
- How did you train for the race? Extended my regular gym sessions to be more overall body strength and more running. (Neil)
- Why did you choose this as your racing outfit? Ask my partner. I only picked the shoes. (Neil)
- How did you choose your team colour? Brings out my eye colour. Matches with my funky head scarves. (Kristin)
- What's your must-have beauty/grooming item? Curling Iron, Bronzer (winter was cruel). (Kristin)
- How did you train for the race? Running, swimming, memorizing menus, watching previous seasons multiple times (Kristin)
The Amazing Race Canada 3
|Neil & Kristin's Race History|
|1||1||Quebec → Ontario||No Detour||Neil||10 of 12|||
|2||2||Ontario → Chile||Motion / Emotion||Kristin||6 of 11|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Dance / Dine||Neil||1 of 10|
|4||4||Argentina → Nova Scotia||Bubbles / Suds||Kristin||6 of 9|
|5||5||Nova Scotia → Quebec||Ride It / Pull It||Neil||7 of 8~|||
|6||6||Quebec → Ontario||Analyze / Synchronize||Kristin||6 of 8|
|7||7||Ontario → Saskatchewan||Nimitook / Mikwap||Neil||7 of 7|||
- Neil's Wikipedia page: Neil Lumsden
- Bill Brioux at Toronto Metro News (07/02/2016): "CFL star Neil Lumsden vies for 'Amazing Race Canada' win"
- Marci Ien on Canada AM (08/20/2015): "End of the road for father-daughter duo"
- Ruth Myles at Calgary Herald (08/20/15): "Neil and Kristin Lumsden have no regrets"
- Neil's Twitter: @Race_Dad
- Kristin's Twitter: @sincerley_kris
|The Amazing Race Canada 3 Teams|