Raymond "Ray" Hosteau and Deana Shane are a Dating On and Off team on The Amazing Race 7.
They came in with high expectations for themselves, but spent most their time in the back of the pack. They would finally jump to 1st place when they won the Fast Forward in leg 5, but would ultimately get eliminated on the following leg when they fell apart at the corn pounding Detour, putting them into a position to lose a footrace to the long trailing Brian & Greg, finishing in 7th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Ray & Deana are a dating team from Canfield, Ohio and Youngstown, Ohio respectively. Ray is a stockbroker and Deana is a marketing and promotions executive. Their primary motivation for participating in this Race is to put their on-again/off-again relationship to the test and see how they fare.
Ray, who is 17 years older than Deana, has worked as a stockbroker for 18 years. A former college and semi-professional football player, Ray describes himself as cocky and admits that he's never wrong about anything. He enjoys weightlifting, singing and karate.
Deana is admittedly just as determined and competitive as her teammate. She grew up camping in the backwoods of Ohio and has never traveled outside the United States. Deana's favorite hobbies include lifting weights, karate, hunting and fishing.
Both admit they are looking for some answers to what the future holds for their relationship and are hoping the Race will provide some.
The Amazing Race 7
|Ray & Deana's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Peru||Rope a Llama / Rope a Basket||No Roadblock||7 of 11|
|2||2||Peru → Chile||Shop / Schlep||Ray||3 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Paddle / Pedal||Deana||6 of 9|||
|4||4||Argentina||Shipwreck / Island||Deana||6 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → South Africa||Used Fast Forward||1 of 7►|
|6||South Africa → Botswana||Food / Water||Ray||7 of 7|
- Ray & Deana are the first team to be given vehicles as prizes for winning a leg.
- Ray & Deana are the first team to be eliminated in Botswana.
- One of only three co-ed teams who won a leg and be the 5th team to be eliminated.
- Oldest averaged aged co-ed team to win a leg and finish the race in 7th place, 35.5
- Ray and Deana got engaged after the race  and and subsequently got married with Rob & Amber in attendance. They later gave birth to a daughter named Regan.
- As of 2010, they are no longer together.
- Ray is currently in engaged to a woman named Mandy.
- Deana currently works as a casting producer at CBS.
- Rene Syler on The Early Show (03/30/2005): "Amazing Race Couple"
- Brenda Rodriguez at People (03/31/2005): "The Amazing Race's Ray and Deena"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (04/01/2005): "Amazing Race Nasties Get Engaged"
- TARflies (06/15/2005): "Race to the Altar"
Social Media Profiles
- Ray's Facebook: /RayHousteau
- Deena's Facebook: /deana.shane.3
|The Amazing Race 7 Teams|