Rob Scheer and Sheila Castle are a team of Lumberjack/Marketing Exec on The Amazing Race 21.
They got stuck on the second flight on the first leg, then got bad directions to the Bund. They were the tenth team to find the final clue, but got passed up by Jaymes & James during the footrace to the Pit Stop, getting eliminated by 15 seconds.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 52
- Hometown: Ketchikan, Alaska
- Connection to your teammate: Engaged
- Current occupation: Lumberjack & Entrepreneur
- Describe what you do: Promote, produce and participate in all things pertaining to Lumberjack sports.
- Favorite hobbies: Boating, wilderness hunting and ranching.
- 3 words to describe you: Strong, deep and responsive.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Building and living a life my son is proud of.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Teddy Roosevelt or Clint Eastwood.
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? A cross between Martha Stewart and a Victoria's Secret model.
- What scares you most about traveling? Cultural and language barriers.
- What excites you most about traveling? Newness, intrigue, culture and beauty.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sheila is stubborn and she will have to learn to listen well and not be so stubborn.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Sheila procrastinates when she is busy or frustrated.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? India – it is vast and the culture is so varied.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To start our life together with a life changing experience which will redefine us as a couple.
- Age: 44
- Hometown: Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
- Connection to your teammate: Engaged
- Current occupation: Retail Manager
- Describe what you do: I manage retail, guest relations as well as meet with vendors and select products for our gift shop.
- Favorite hobbies: Water sports, fishing and cooking.
- 3 words to describe you: Determined, loving and protective.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I have a strong-willed, smart and beautiful daughter attending Washington State University.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Sharon Osbourne
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? John Wayne
- What scares you most about traveling? Language barriers
- What excites you most about traveling? The adventure, history and getting to meet new people.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Rob lacks tact and can be very insensitive. He also constantly interrupts me when I am talking.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: When Rob thinks he is right about something…that's it, he's RIGHT! No one can tell him different.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy and Greece. Both have interesting cultures, history and gorgeous water.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Our goal is to spend a loving, fun, active and adventurous life together so I think "The Amazing Race" is a perfect way to launch it.
The Amazing Race 21
|Rob & Sheila's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → China||No Detour||Rob||11 of 11|||
- After the race, they got married.
- On June 19, 2016, Sheila unexpectedly passed away at the age of 48 of an aneurysm.
- Rob is the brother of Survivor: Panama contestant Tina Scheer, who was also incidentally the first person eliminated from her season.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/01/2012): "We Got Screwed Over"
- Kimberly Nordyke at The Hollywood Reporter (10/01/2012): "First Eliminated Team Reacts to Devastating Finish"
- Sheldon Sherman at Yakkity Yaks (10/01/2012): "The Amazing Race: Yak Chats with Rob & Sheila"
- Reg Seeton at The Deadbolt (10/01/2012): "We shouldn't have trusted anybody"
- Jennifer Still at Digital Spy (10/01/2012): "Rob & Sheila talk getting lost and coming in last"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (10/02/2012): "The Amazing Race 21: Exclusive Interview with Rob Scheer and Sheila Castle"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (10/03/2012): "It was so close, yet so far for the lumberjack and his bride-to-be"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (10/04/2012): "Ping pong and frog fallopian tubes: not what Rob and Sheila were expecting"
Social Media Profiles
- Sheila's Facebook: /sheila.castle1
|The Amazing Race 21 Teams|