Timothy "Tim" Tsao and Te Jay McGrath are a team of College Sweethearts on The Amazing Race 25.
Nicknamed "T&T" by the other teams, they were a temperamental pair, bickering and complaining one moment and encouraging each other and being enthusiastic the next. They persevered through the Race, and proved to be adept at the mental and building challenges of the season, even claiming a 2nd Place on the first leg.
However, they were the only team to fully commit to the nearly impossible Flag task instead of the tedious Shine side, even after seeing all the other teams quit and go to the other Detour. By the time Tim was able to convince Te Jay that he couldn't grab the flag, they finally decided to switch Detours but were so far behind that their elimination was all but guaranteed.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Name: Timothy Tsao
- Age: 23
- Hometown: South Pasadena, California
- Connection to your teammate: Dating
- Current occupation: Flight Attendant
- Describe what you do: Depending on the FLIGHT, I am a sky server, nurse, entertainer, mediator and safety professional. To put it simply, I get paid to serve Coke and look cute doing it.
- 3 words to describe you: Creative, competitive and sassy.
- Favorite hobbies: Fashion, Home Decor, gardening and reptiles.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being able to pursue two of my passions as careers: traveling and Event Planning.
- What famous person reminds you of yourself? Ryan Seacrest because he does it all!!
- What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Britney Spears, a beautiful hot mess who's a little bit country at heart. She's a performer and that's what Te Jay does best!
- What scares you most about traveling? Nothing, really. I do it for a living. It's literally what keeps me going everyday.
- What excites you most about traveling? Exploring other cultures and meeting amazing people along the way.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I could probably talk to him in a nicer tone… ok, so I'm a bit bossy and controlling... at times, but other than that we're pretty good.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: Two words: blonde moment.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Greece. I've always had a fascination with their architecture and food! And those boys!
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than WINNING one million bucks)? Traveling the world with my best friend and life partner. It's really time to introduce the world to Tim + Te Jay, the fabulous couple (hair flip).
- Name: Te Jay McGrath
- Age: 24
- Hometown: Pasadena, Calif.
- Connection to your teammate: Dating
- Current occupation: Server/Female Impersonator
- Describe what you do: When I'm not serving upscale Japanese Vegan sushi to L.A.'s pickiest clientele, you can find me serving glamorous fishy realness as Tia Wanna!
- 3 words to describe you: Charming, dorky and friendly.
- Favorite hobbies: Performing in Drag, karaoke and board games/word puzzles.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Making it onto "The Amazing Race" with my partner.
- What famous PERSON reminds you of yourself? John Leguizamo
- What famous PERSON reminds you of your teammate? Bryan Boy (from ANTM)
- What scares you most about traveling? Missing my flight, getting lost and getting mugged!
- What excites you most about traveling? New foods! New faces! New memories!
- Biggest CHALLENGE you and your teammate will face on The Race together: The Race can only better our relationship. Nothing bad can come from it.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He likes to argue with me in public. I HATE IT!
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? South Korea! I want to see where my mother grew up and eat authentic Korean food!
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than WINNING one million bucks)? I hope to be challenged physically and mentally and taken out of my comfort zone.
The Amazing Race 25
|Tim & Te Jay's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → U.S. Virgin Islands||No Detour||Tim||2 of 11|
|2||2||U.S. Virgin Islands → United Kingdom||About Face / Pancake Race||No Roadblock||5 of 10|
|3||3||United Kingdom||Pony Up / Light My Fire||No Roadblock||8 of 9|
|4||4||United Kingdom → Denmark → Sweden → Denmark||Parking Space / Wedding Cake||Te Jay||5 of 8|
|5||5||Denmark → Morocco||Twirl Time / Tea Time||Tim||3 of 8|
|6||6||Morocco||Camp / Cream||Te Jay||4 of 7|
|7||7||Morocco → Italy||Painters / Posers||Te Jay||6 of 6|
|8||8||Italy → Malta||Flag / Shine||Tim||6 of 6|
- After the race, Tim and Te Jay started a YouTube Channel, posting weekly vlogs and challenge videos. Fellow racers Dennis & Isabelle, Amy & Maya, Kym & Alli, Jason & Amy, and Brooke make several appearances. To view it, click here
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (11/24/2014): Amazing Race's Tim and Te Jay: The Flag Task Was "One Big, Wet Hot Mess
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (12/22/2014): Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race' eliminee Te Jay McGrath talks (Parts 1 & 2)
- Elimination Interview: Tim and Te Jay
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (11/25/2014): Amazing Race 2014: Exit Interview with the Latest Team Eliminated – 11/25/14
- Tim & Te Jay's YouTube Channel: /TimandTeJay
- Tim's Facebook: /timothytsao19
- Te Jay's Facebook: /te.jay.m
- Te Jay's Twitter: @mstiawanna
- Tim's Instagram: /lovethetsao
- Te Jay's Instagram: /mstiawanna
|The Amazing Race 25 Teams|