Aja Benton and Ty White are a Dating Long-Distance team on The Amazing Race 13.
Due to being a long-distance dating couple, the two spent their time on the race getting to know each other, which sometimes led to arguments. They fell behind early on in the fourth leg when they suffered a flat tire, but managed to beat Marisa & Brooke to avoid elimination. However, their struggles in this leg carried into the next as they left the Pit Stop hours behind the other teams, leaving them on a later flight to Cambodia. They never caught up to the pack and were eliminated in 7th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
This long-distance couple is looking for an opportunity to be together for an extended period of time. They've been dating long distance for nine months, living in two separate states and the longest time they've spent together was last Christmas for two weeks. They feel that the Race will help them determine if they can truly handle living together on a daily basis.
Having met each other four years ago at the University of Michigan, they quickly became friends, although Aja was dating someone else. When things turned sour, Aja realized Ty was the one for her – the only problem was she was living in Los Angeles and Ty was in Detroit.
Aja is an aspiring actress who also works as a makeup artist. She describes herself as energetic, insightful and compassionate. When asked what her biggest pet peeve about her teammate was, Aja said that Ty is known to have a poor estimation of time.
Ty is no stranger to the gym and he describes himself as ultra-competitive and hates the thought of losing. Currently, he works as a banker out of Detroit. He has not had the opportunity to travel much outside of the United States and looks forward to the Race as a chance to explore other cultures and compete against the game's best. He hopes they are as hungry to win as he is. Ty believes that Aja's biggest weakness is she is easily upset.
The Amazing Race 13
|Aja & Ty's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Hard Way Up / Soft Way Down||No Roadblock||8 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Beach It / Docket||Aja||4 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Bolivia||Musical March / Bumpy Ride||Ty||5 of 9|
|4||4||Bolivia → New Zealand||Matter of Time / Matter of Skill||Aja||7 of 8|
|5||5||New Zealand → Cambodia||Village Life / Village Work||Ty||7 of 7|
- Aja & Ty are no longer together.
- Ty is now an actor and has had roles in short films, as well as TV series and movies.
- Ty has since married.
- Aja & Ty were recruited when a casting associate contacted them through Facebook.
- Aja & Ty are the first team to be eliminated in Cambodia.
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (10/27/2008): "Exclusive: Aja Benton and Ty White dish about The Amazing Race"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (10/27/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Aja and Ty, from The Amazing Race 13"
- Mark at Reality Wanted (10/27/2008): "Interview with Ty White and Aja Benton of The Amazing Race 13"
- Nicholas White at People.com (10/28/2008): "Why Can't I Be Brad Pitt?"
- Julie Zied at Xfinity.com (10/28/2008): "Flat Tires and Too Much Underwear: Ty and Aja Discuss What Went Wrong"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (10/28/2008): "The Flat Tire Is What Did Us In"
- Reyma Buan-Deveza at ABS-CBN.com (11/06/2008): "Amazing Race's Aja and Ty talk about love"
Social Media Profiles
- Ty's Facebook: /tye.white.12
|The Amazing Race 13 Teams|