Alison Irwin and Donny Patrick are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 5.
Despite their bickering and arguing, they finished 1st on the first leg. However, their ever increasing arguing, along with their decision to take a bus instead of a cab to the Roadblock in the next leg, sharply dropped them to last place, causing them to be eliminated in 10th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Alison & Donny are from Pennsylvania and have been dating on and off for three years. The two of them met as students at an athletic convention at the University of Pittsburgh, and then ran into each other at a bar a few weeks later. As Alison puts it, "He's been hooked ever since." Alison was runner-up on the CBS summer reality series, BIG BROTHER 4, where her relationship with Donny was often discussed, although he was not in the house with her.
Alison says that although she and Donny have hurt each other in the past, she loves him with all her heart and wouldn't ever want to hurt him again. She describes him as much calmer than herself, and she loves to be the center of attention, while he likes to just watch from the sidelines.
Donny is the first person in his family to graduate from college. He describes himself and Alison as "both good looking, outgoing and extremely competitive." He says his most exciting moment in his life was scoring a touchdown in front of 30,000 people.Alison & Donny describe themselves as "the greatest example of new age young adults. We give 110% to everything we do and don't accept not getting our way." They are excited about competing in THE AMAZING RACE 5, as Alison says, "to see if we should really try to work out our differences from BIG BROTHER. The $1 million is secondary."
When and where did you meet?
The Amazing Race 5
|Alison & Donny's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Uruguay||Zips / Chips||No Roadblock||1 of 11|
|2||2||Uruguay → Argentina||Perro / Tango||Donny||10 of 10|
- The pair broke up shortly after being eliminated. Their toxic relationship continued in the post-game interviews.
- In the Summer of 2006, Alison was later chosen by production for Big Brother: All-Stars. She was the first person evicted, finishing in 14th Place.
- Alison has since married and had a daughter.
- Betram van Munster initially "balked" at the decision to cast Alison & Donny.
- Alison was the first contestant to have previously competed on a past reality show.
- They are the first team who had previously appeared on a another reality show. Alison competed on Big Brother 4 and finished as the Runner-Up. Donny himself appeared on brief segments to talk about Alison and her cheating.
- Alison & Donny are the first team to be eliminated in Argentina.
- The only team to win a leg in season 5 and not be in the final three.
- Alison's Wikipedia page: Alison Irwin
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (07/16/2004): "Amazing Races Exes Get Evil"
- Shelly Anderson at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (06/08/2006): "Ex-Pitt WR deals with reality"
- CBS.com (2004): "After the Race"
|The Amazing Race 5 Teams|