The couple emerged as physical threats on The Amazing Race 14, finishing in the top half of the pack in the first three legs. In the fourth leg, however, Amanda & Kris were relegated with four other teams on the second flight to Siberia. In a bid to help their allies Jaime & Cara and seeing Amanda & Kris as physical threats, Margie & Luke targeted the couple with a Blind U-Turn, sealing their fate and eliminating them in 8th place.
Returning for Unfinished Business, they were immediately hit by a sense of déjà vu after receiving an Automatic U-Turn for finishing the starting line task last. Although a fortuitous incident involving the flight most of the other teams were on allowed them to race ahead of the pack in the first leg, they immediately squandered their lead in the second leg when they could not decipher a clue leading them to where they needed to sign up for a chartered flight. This relegated them to the second flight which, combined with their Automatic U-Turn, was enough to ensure that they were the first team eliminated.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Amanda Blackledge (23); Kris Klicka (24)
This young couple who met more than three years ago hopes to spend the rest of their lives together, but before taking their relationship to the next level they are looking forward to sharing this experience together. Their favorite shared memory is falling in love with each other over bonfires at the beach accompanied by wine and s'mores. They plan on creating many more memories together on the Race and are hoping to fall in love all over again.
Amanda is a communications student at Cal State San Marcos, but is working at a tanning salon until she graduates. She describes herself as outgoing, talkative and generous. When asked what her biggest pet peeve about her teammate is Amanda says that Kris occasionally doesn't seem interested when she is talking to him.
Kris, who was once almost attacked by a bear in Alaska, enjoys hunting, fishing and snow boarding. He currently works as a sales representative for a communications company. He has not had the opportunity to travel much outside of the United States and looks forward to the Race as a chance to explore other cultures and compete against the game's best. He hopes the other Teams are as hungry to win as he is.Amanda and Kris both have a tendency to be stubborn when it comes to a disagreement, but they realize they must be more open to ideas and solutions from one another in order to propel their team into winning the one million dollars. They feel this is a perfect opportunity to work on their shortcomings and any other communication issues they have. Amanda and Kris have so much in common that they complete each others sentences. One shared characteristic is the ability to make friends wherever they go, which can come in handy when racing around the globe.
The Amazing Race 14
|Amanda & Kris's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Switzerland||No Detour||Kris||5 of 11|
|2||2||Switzerland → Germany → Austria||Balancing Dolly / Austrian Folly||Kris||3 of 10|
|3||3||Austria → Romania||Gypsy Moves / Vampire Remains||Amanda||2 of 9|
|4||4||Romania → Russia||Stack / Construct||Kris||8 of 8⊃|
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business
|Amanda & Kris's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Australia||No Detour||Amanda||2 of 11|||
|2||2||Australia||Spirit World / Natural World||No Roadblock||11 of 11∪|||
- Kris proposed to Amanda in July 2010 before the couple were asked to compete on The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business.
- Amanda & Kris got married after competing in Unfinished Business. The Amazing Race 14 and Unfinished Business castmates Jaime & Cara, Kisha & Jen, and Margie & Luke were in attendance at their wedding.
- Amanda & Kris have since had two kids.
- Amanda & Kris were recruited to compete on The Amazing Race while at a nightclub in San Diego. The casting agent approached Kris first and, believing that she was scouting him for The Real World, rudely said no. Kris only realized the casting agent wanted him for The Amazing Race when he overheard her talking to Amanda about their encounter. Amanda claims that they were the only team recruited for their season.
- Amanda & Kris are the first team to be Blind U-Turned.
- First team to be penalized with an automatic U-Turn.
- First team to be eliminated by the U-turn twice in their career, followed by Jet & Cord.
- In The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business, they were the first team with the same name as a previous team to be eliminated in the same position. (Amanda & Chris were also eliminated in 11th place in The Amazing Race 4.)
- Fewest legs traveled by a team of returning racers, with 6 legs traveled over the course of their two seasons.
- First returning racers team to be eliminated without winning a leg on either season that they competed on.
- Highest racing average for a team that were the first team eliminated, 6.50 in Unfinished Business.
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (03/09/2009): "Exclusive: Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka talk 'The Amazing Race'"
- Joyce Eng at TVGuide (03/09/2009): "Amazing Race's Amanda and Kris: We Got U-Turned Because We Were "the Ultimate Threat""
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (03/09/2009): "Exclusive Interview: Kris and Amanda, from 'The Amazing Race 14'"
- Staff at People (03/10/2009): "The Amazing Race: Amanda & Kris Talk About U-Turn"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide (02/28/2011): "Amazing Race's Amanda and Kris: We Don't Blame the U-Turn for Our Elimination"
- Staff at Reality TV World (03/01/2011): "Exclusive: Amanda Blackledge and Kris Klicka talk 'The Amazing Race'"
- Carla Patton at BuddyTV (03/01/2011): "Kris and Amanda of 'The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business' on Wedding Plans, Kangaroo Suits"
- Amanda's Facebook: /amanda.blackledge.7
- Amanda's Instagram: /amandaklicka
- Kris's Facebook: /kris.klicka
|The Amazing Race 14 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business Teams|