Amelia Michelle "Amy" Purdy and Daniel Gale are a Dating On and Off team on The Amazing Race 21.
They started off strong, finishing 2nd in the first leg, and coming out of the Roadblock in 2nd on the second leg, but then their cab driver got them dreadfully lost looking for Wijaya Motor, putting them out in 10th.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: Summit County, Co.
Connection to your teammate: Dating
Current occupation: Motivational Speaker/Snowboarder
Describe what you do: I co-founded an action sports organization called Adaptive Action Sports with Daniel for people with physical disabilities. I'm a competitive snowboarder and recently have taken on a career as a motivational speaker.
Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, road trips with Daniel and camping with friends.
3 words to describe you: Motivated, fun and adventurous.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Learning to walk again comfortably!! It was not an easy feat but now I don't think twice. Everything else is just a bonus!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Amelia Earhart because she was strong, adventurous and took risks.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Daniel has had random people confuse him with pro FMX race Todd Potter. I think he looks like him too but Daniel's cuter. Really, Daniel has a heart and personality all his own.
What scares you most about traveling? Being so far away from home and something happens to me or a family member and we can't reach each other in time.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing all the world has to offer, experiencing other cultures and having stories to tell!
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Communication is our biggest challenge at times. If we argue, sometimes it can be about how we are arguing instead of the actual problem.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He likes to walk around the house wearing one sock on his foot and one sock off! I don't know why he does it but he seems to love it and it always makes me laugh.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? There are so many! Japan, Nepal, Austria. All have amazing cultures and I would love to snowboard in Japan!
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Our work with our organization can take over at times. I think The Race will give us the opportunity for just the two of us to work together outside of the organization and it may even give us the opportunity to communicate and support each other better!
Hometown: Summit County, Co.
Connection to your teammate: Dating
Current occupation: Executive Director of our Adaptive Action Sports Organization
Describe what you do: I fundraise, event coordinate, coach and instruct for adaptive action sports.
Favorite hobbies: Snowboarding, skateboarding and photography.
3 words to describe you: Fun, creative and giving.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Creating our Adaptive Action Sports organization.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Cheech Marin mixed with a shorter version of Hugh Jackman.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Amy P. reminds me of Amy P. She is famous in her own right
What scares you most about traveling? Language barriers.
What excites you most about traveling? Stepping out of the box, learning new cultures and meeting new people.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Managing time and money.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She made her legs taller so now she is taller than me
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Africa, Thailand, Greece and Japan. I want to witness their unique cultures.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? It will truly give us a chance to experience each other completely and hopefully learn how to communicate and how to support one another better.
The Amazing Race 21
|Amy & Daniel's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → China||No Detour||Daniel||2 of 11|||
|2||2||China → Indonesia||Ice-by-the-Pound / Fish-by-the-Barrel||Amy||10 of 10|
- In 2014, Amy was one of the contestants on the 18th season of Dancing with the Stars. Her dancing partner was Derek Hough and they placed 2nd out of 12.
- On June 9, 2014, Amy made an appearance on The Price Is Right as a guest model.
- On May 15, 2015, Amy & Daniel were engaged.
- On August 29, 2015, they got married.
- Amy represented the United States for women's snowboard cross at the 2014 Sochi Winter Paralympic Games, winning a bronze medal.
- Second team with an amputee (after Peter & Sarah).
- Amy's Wikipedia page: Amy Purdy
- Kelly Whiteside at USA Today (09/30/2012): "Amputee snowboarder takes off"
- Kimberly Nordyke at The Hollywood Reporter (10/08/2012): "Amy and Daniel on Their 'Heartbreaking' Elimination, Lost Taxi Drivers"
- Sheldon Sherman at Yakkity Yaks (10/08/2012): "The Amazing Race: The Yak Chats with Eliminated Team Daniel and Amy"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (10/08/2012): "Exclusive: Amy Purdy and Daniel Gale talk The Amazing Race" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/08/2012): "The Stars Weren't Aligned for Us"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (10/09/2012): "Elimination Interview: Amy and Daniel"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (10/10/2012): "What went wrong with the Indonesian cab?"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (10/10/2012): "The Amazing Race 21: Exclusive Interview with Amy Purdy and Daniel Gale"
- Sheri Block at CTV.ca (10/11/2012): "Amy grateful her prosthetic legs didn't hold her and Daniel back"
Social Media Profiles
- Amy & Daniel's Facebook: /AmyPurdyandDanielGale
- Amy's Facebook: /Amy.Purdy.58
- Amy's Twitter: @AmyPurdyGurl
- Amy's Website: AmyPurdyGurl.com
- Daniel's Facebook: /DanielAndrewGale
- Daniel's Twitter: @Gale_Daniel
- ↑ https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1659577/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/183936/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_price_is_right/video/bptZBGsfYV9gPz2dHyFtZ926FsOFlptD/the-price-is-right-6-9-2014/
- ↑ http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amy-purdy-engaged-to-boyfriend-daniel-gale-see-her-cute-announcement-2015155
- ↑ http://www.eonline.com/news/691096/amy-purdy-gets-married-dancing-with-the-stars-and-the-amazing-race-alumna-says-i-do-to-daniel-gale
|The Amazing Race 21 Teams|