Andrew Lappitt and Dan Honig are a team of Frat Boys on The Amazing Race 13.
The two friends often found themselves near the back of the pack, unable to keep up with the frontrunners due to frequently making mistakes and performing poorly in tasks. The few times they managed to get a lead were quickly squandered when they struggled with the next task. They also occasionally bickered due to their contrasting natures: Andrew being more laidback and methodical, while Dan was more competitive and easily frustrated. Nevertheless, their perseverance and good luck helped them avoid elimination and make it to the final three. In the final leg, however, they immediately fell behind due to getting a taxi driver who was unfamiliar with the area, dooming them to finish in 3rd place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Life couldn't be any better for these fraternity brothers. Andrew and Dan met while attending Arizona State University and the last four years have been filled with good times. Some of the Teams refer to Andrew and Dan as "Team Superbad."
Now they are ready for a life-altering experience. Andrew, a senior, is studying urban planning. He is hoping to make the most of their last year in college before they part ways. His laid-back appearance can be deceiving so count on him to be assertive, hands-on, and ready to take on anything that comes his way.
Dan graduated last December with a degree in Tourism Management. He enjoys bar hopping, sports and all things funny. Dan also loves to travel and hopes to use his extensive global travel knowledge and expertise to get a leg up on the competition.
These two say they can talk their way in or out of anything by cracking jokes and keeping the mood light, and they promise to bring more to the Race than any other Team. Look for them to always keep things entertaining in their own special way.
The Amazing Race 13
|Andrew & Dan's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Hard Way Up / Soft Way Down||No Roadblock||7 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Beach It / Docket||Andrew||8 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Bolivia||Musical March / Bumpy Ride||Dan||7 of 9|
|4||4||Bolivia → New Zealand||Matter of Time / Matter of Skill||Andrew||6 of 8|
|5||5||New Zealand → Cambodia||Village Life / Village Work||Andrew||6 of 7|
|6||6||Cambodia → India||Launder Money / Launder Clothes||Andrew||5 of 6|
|7||7||India||Bleary Eyed / Teary Eyed||Dan||5 of 6|
|8||8||India → Kazakhstan||Play Like Mad / Act Like Fools||Andrew||4 of 5|||
|9||9||Kazakhstan → Russia||Boots / Borscht||Dan||4 of 4|
|10||10||Russia||Ride the Rails / Ride the Lines||Andrew||2 of 4|
|11||11||Russia → United States||High and Dry / Low and Wet||No Roadblock||3 of 3|
- Andrew & Dan are the first all-male team to reach the final three without winning any leg and first all-male team to cross the Finish Line without winning any leg.
- Lowest racing average for any all-male to complete the race and lowest racing average of a team who finished in third place at 5.18.
- Brian Gianelli at Xfinity.com (12/09/2008): "The Amazing Race's Andrew And Dan Think You Were Rooting for Them"
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (12/10/2008): "Exclusive: Andrew Lappitt and Dan Honig talk 'The Amazing Race"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (12/10/2008): "Exclusive Interview: Andrew and Dan, from The Amazing Race 13"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (12/11/2008): "We Were the Only Team to Complete Every Detour and Every Roadblock on the Race!"
- Rob at RRF Radio (01/12/2009): "Dan & Andrew Interview - Reality TV Podcast #186"
Social Media Profiles
- Andrew's Facebook: /danny.duberstein.7
- Dan's Facebook: /dan.honig.1
|The Amazing Race 13 Teams|