Avi Schneier and Joseph "Joe" Rashbaum are a team of High School Buddies on The Amazing Race 6.
The only all-male team on the season, they were eliminated first when they ignored the advice of their alliance-mates Gus & Hera.
Avi & Joe were born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. They met 17 years ago in a high school Spanish class. Joe moved to Los Angeles six years ago to expand his advertising business, while Avi is still in Brooklyn and teaching at the same high school where they met.
They are both proud of their similar Jewish upbringings. Joe describes himself as the stereotypical "New York Jew." Their similar characteristics are their knowledge and appreciation of the same Yiddish expressions and their love of the Mets.
Joe describes himself as Jerry Seinfeld meets Yoda (with Donald Trump's business flair) and says Avi is George Costanza meets Napoleon. However, Avi sees himself more as Woody Allen and sees Joe as Shaggy from "Scooby-Doo."
They both agree that one of their most memorable times together was meeting Avi's childhood idol, Tom Wopat, after a Broadway play. Although the distance between New York and Los Angeles prevents their weekly kibbitz sessions at the local kosher deli, they make up for it by spending many hours talking on the phone.
Their motivation for going on THE AMAZING RACE is to spend quality time together, to challenge themselves and to win the $1 million.
The Amazing Race 6
|Joe & Avi's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Iceland||Ice Climb / Ice Search||No Roadblock||11 of 11|
- Avi & Joe are the first team to be eliminated in Iceland.
- First all-male team to be the first team eliminated.
- First all-male team to finish in eleventh place.
- Only all-male team to compete on The Amazing Race 6.
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (11/29/2004): "Amazing Race's Brooklyn Bombers"
- TARflies (02/27/2005): "New York Jews in Iceland"
Social Media Profiles
- Avi's Facebook: /avi.schneier
- Joe's Facebook: /joe.rashbaum
|The Amazing Race 6 Teams|