Blake Mycoskie and Paige Mycoskie are a Brother/Sister team The Amazing Race 2.
Their constantly positive attitudes hid their cutthroat natures, as they were a team that would do anything to win. They were badmouthed by the other teams, who saw Blake's somewhat bold and inventive, if not always successful, moves as "cheating." They would make the Final 3, where they were taken out of contention when they fell behind while running through the streets of San Francisco, reaching the Finish Line 3rd.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- “We are not only brother and sister, but also best friends”
Brother and sister Blake and Paige have quite a bit of experience traveling together, mainly on family vacations. Both agree that those times were fun, because they were "always entertaining each other and making each other laugh." They disagree, though, on the downside of those vacations. Whereas Blake claims that "the worst was Paige always getting special treatment, since she is 'Daddy's Girl'"; Paige insists that "the worst was Blake doing everything possible to keep me away from any guys I met."
The pair decided to team up for THE AMAZING RACE because they both love adventure but have not traveled much outside the U.S. They were separated all through college and saw this as a great way to reunite and do what they both love to do: compete. Blake thinks that participating in THE AMAZING RACE will enhance their relationship and provide them with stories to tell their friends for years to come. His only concern is that they both like to be in control of the situation. Paige worries that they'll drive each other crazy, but also has faith that their love and friendship will get them through the toughest times.
Q & A
What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
- Blake: My strength and my weakness is my passion. It helps when I have to find that extra energy to complete a task, and it hinders me when making decisions, because I tend to make them with my heart and not with my mind.
- Paige: My weakness is that I tend to get really emotionally involved in what I'm doing. My strength is that I embrace adventure and physical challenges with passion. I am also pretty good under pressure.
What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
- Blake: Paige is an incredibly supportive person. She is always there to encourage me, which is very important in a Race like this. Also, she is the toughest girl I know. Her only weakness, if she has any at all, is that she gets very emotional, which drains her of energy when subjected to difficult situations.
- Paige: Blake is an incredible motivator and his optimistic attitude will bring out the best of every situation. His weakness is that he gets very excited in pressure situations and makes rash decisions at times.
What is your favorite film?
- BLAKE: Rudy "it made me cry"
- PAIGE: Good Will Hunting and Top Gun
What is your favorite TV show?\
- Blake: I don't watch much TV
- Paige: Friends
Who is your favorite actor?
- Blake: Tom Hanks
- Paige: Tom Cruise
Who is your favorite actress
- Blake: Amanda Peet
- Paige: Julia Roberts or Jennifer Aniston
What is your favorite band?
- Blake: U2
- Paige: Rolling Stones and Something Corporate
What comfort item from home will you miss the most?
- Blake: Shower
- Paige: My mom's awesome low fat cooking
The Amazing Race 2
|Blake & Paige's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||4 of 11|||
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Paige||9 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → South Africa||Dance / Deliver||Blake||5 of 9|
|4||4||South Africa → Namibia||Slide / Stride||Blake||4 of 8|
|5||5||Namibia → Thailand||Confusion Now / Confusion Later||Blake||4 of 7|
|6||6||Thailand||Boat / Beast||Blake||3 of 6|
|7||7||Thailand → Hong Kong||Wishing Tree / Herbal Tea||Blake||5 of 6|
|8||8||Hong Kong → Australia||Dragon / Lion||Blake||5 of 5|||
|9||Australia||Cool Down / Heat Up||Paige||2 of 5|
|9||10||Australia → New Zealand||Used Fast Forward||1 of 4►|
|10||11||New Zealand||Drop / Climb||Paige||2 of 4|
|11||12||New Zealand → United States||Bike / Walk||Blake||1 of 3|
|13||United States||Unknown||Blake||3 of 3|||
- The siblings recapped Survivor: Thailand for Survivor-Central.
- Blake is the founder of the successful accessories company, TOMS Shoes, which is based on the "one for one concept" business model.
- Paige is the founder of the successful clothing chain, Aviator Nation, which is influenced by 1970s nostalgia.
- Blake & Paige are the first brother-sister team to be on the race.
- Blake & Paige and Hope & Norm are the first teams to be in a tie at the Pit Stop
- Blake was the first contestant whose quote was used for a title of an episode.
- First family team to win the Fast Forward.
- First family team to win a leg
- First family team to reach the final three.
- First team to arrive at the finish line in third place.
- Blake's Wikipedia page: Blake Mycoskie
Social Media Profiles
- Blake's Facebook: /blake.mycoskie.92
- Blake's Twitter: @BlakeMycoskie
- Paige's Facebook: /paigemycoskie
- Paige's Twitter: @PaigeMycoskie
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|