Brian Kleinschmidt and Ericka Dunlap are a Married team on The Amazing Race 15.
They seemed in over their heads from the very beginning of the season, trusting more in karma to win them the game than their racing skills, and only finished above 3rd once despite making the Final 3. Twice during the season they dug themselves into massive holes, falling behind by more than an hour, only to be saved because Maria & Tiffany and Flight Time & Big Easy decided to quit tasks, and made the Final 3 despite repeatedly making stupid mistakes and failing to read their clues. In the finale, they got a lead following the rappelling Roadblock, but lost it when Ericka fell apart during the Cirque de Soleil challenge. Any chance they had to catch up was destroyed at the final challenge, when their dealer made a mistake while counting their chips, delaying them when they had already finished their task, and they finished 3rd.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Ericka and Brian Kleinschmidt are excited to be the first married interracial team on The Amazing Race. They have a singular game plan in mind — to win over the hearts and minds of The Amazing Race audience by proving that true love is color blind. They compare their relationship to the Yin-Yang symbol, which represents the philosophy of two total opposites coming together as one to accomplish a common goal.
Ericka and Brian met at a leadership seminar at the University of Central Florida nine years ago, and it was love at first sight for Brian. Ericka, on the other hand, played hard to get for the next five years….but Brian's persistence finally paid off as the couple shared wedding vows over two years ago.
Ericka has lived a very structured, prim and proper life but plans to embrace her true self and expose a vulnerable side of her life beyond Miss America while racing around the world. Her life's goal is to become hey a country music recording artist.
Brian is an all-American guy who contends that nice guys do not always have to finish last. He has enjoyed life as a standout athlete, singer, actor, and loyal friend. The opportunity to extensively tour the U.S. with his job as a sports and entertainment marketing manager has further boosted Brian's confidence and travel expertise.
Though some may see Brian and Ericka as total opposites, they believe that their differences are actually their greatest strength and will propel them around the world all the way towards the finish line.
The Amazing Race 15
|Brian & Erika's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Japan||No Detour||Brian||6 of 12|
|2||Japan → Vietnam||No Detour||Ericka||10 of 11|
|2||3||Vietnam||Child's Play / Word Play||Brian||4 of 10|
|3||4||Vietnam → Cambodia||Cover / Wrap||Ericka||3 of 9|
|4||5||Cambodia → United Arab Emirates||Build a Snowman / Find a Snowman||Brian||2 of 8|
|5||6||United Arab Emirates||Gold / Glass||Brian||4 of 7|
|6||7||United Arab Emirates → The Netherlands||Farmer's Game / Farmer's Dance||Ericka||5 of 6|||
|7||8||The Netherlands → Sweden||Nobel Dynamite / Viking Alphabet||Brian||3 of 5|
|8||9||Sweden → Estonia||Serve / Sling||Ericka||4 of 5|
|9||10||Estonia → Czech Republic||Fast & Furious / Slow & Steady||Ericka||4 of 4|
|10||11||Czech Republic||Legend / Lager||Brian||3 of 4|||
|11||12||Czech Republic → United States||No Detour||Ericka||3 of 3|
- In 2010, together with co-racers Meghan & Cheyne, Brian & Ericka started Custom Quest, a company that produces Amazing Race-like events to help facilitate team-building and leadership for organizations and corporations. Their first produced event was The Gotham Quest in New York City on May 8, 2010.
- Prior to Meghan & Cheyne's marriage on May 7, 2011, Brian and Ericka had gotten a divorce.
- Brian has since re-married and is now with his high school sweetheart 
- In January 2015, Brian's commercial for Doriotos was a finalist for a Super Bowl contest.
- In October 2015, Brian appeared on Shark Tank. asking for an investment in his company, EZPeeZ, which is supposed to make potty train children easier for parents.
- However, he received no offers and was advised to shutdown the product before putting more money into the company.
- Brian & Ericka are the first married interracial couple.
- Youngest married couple ever, being 27 at the time of racing.
- First co-ed team to finish the race without winning any leg at all.
- Ericka's Wikipedia page: Ericka Dunlap
- People.com (12/08/2009): "Ericka & Brian Stronger Than Ever"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (12/08/2009): "The Amazing Race 15: Exclusive Interview with Brian Kleinschmidt and Ericka Dunlap"
- Digital Spy (12/08/2009): "Being at back had advantage"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (12/09/2009): "Poker Chips — Not the Bungee — Were Our Demise"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (12/09/2009): "Exclusive: Ericka Dunlap, Brian Kleinschmidt talk The Amazing Race 15"
- Jessica Liese at RHAP (01/26/2015): "TAR's Brian Kleinschmidt | Super Bowl Commercial"
- Ericka's Facebook: /ericka.dunlap
- Ericka's Twitter: @ErickaDunlap
- Ericka's Website: www.erickadunlap.com
- Brian's YouTube Channel: /UCHmoNO15_e4y_4fTrta3wdg
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/36585/
- ↑ http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amazing-race-winners-marry-in-show-themed-wedding-201195
- ↑ http://ticket.heraldtribune.com/2014/08/18/actor-swings-tarzan-amazing-race-around-world/
- ↑ http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/riverview-man-finalist-in-super-bowl-commercial-contest/2212750
- ↑ http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/tv/tv-guy/os-shark-tank-ucf-grad-potty-training-20151013-post.html
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdrGDZ8ivkY
- ↑ http://sharktankblog.com/business/ez-pee-z/
|The Amazing Race 15 Teams|