Brian Kleinschmidt and Ericka Dunlap are a Married team on The Amazing Race 15.
The couple came into the race looking to show Ericka's family that there were no problems to being an interracial couple. Although, their differing races were never an issue for them, they suffered several communication problems whenever they struggled in tasks and fell behind, particularly due to Ericka's short temper and tendency to easily become frazzled. Nevertheless, they were able to complement each other, with Brian making up for Ericka's fear of water, and Ericka compensating for Brian's fear of heights. In addition, Brian's willingness to work and share information with other teams, along with their competitors making fatal mistakes along the way, often played to their advantage, allowing them to make it to the final three. In a close final leg between all three teams, Brian & Ericka's shot at victory was destroyed at the final challenge when their dealer made a mistake while counting their poker chips, delaying them when they had already finished their task, resulting in them finishing in 3rd place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Brian Kleinschmidt (27); Ericka Dunlap (27)
Hometown: Nashville, Tenn.
Occupation: Brian (Marketing Tour Manager) / Ericka (Entertainer/Miss America 2004)
Ericka and Brian Kleinschmidt are excited to be the first married interracial team on The Amazing Race. They have a singular game plan in mind — to win over the hearts and minds of The Amazing Race audience by proving that true love is color blind. They compare their relationship to the Yin-Yang symbol, which represents the philosophy of two total opposites coming together as one to accomplish a common goal.
Ericka and Brian met at a leadership seminar at the University of Central Florida nine years ago, and it was love at first sight for Brian. Ericka, on the other hand, played hard to get for the next five years….but Brian's persistence finally paid off as the couple shared wedding vows over two years ago.
Ericka has lived a very structured, prim and proper life but plans to embrace her true self and expose a vulnerable side of her life beyond Miss America while racing around the world. Her life's goal is to become a country music recording artist.
Brian is an all-American guy who contends that nice guys do not always have to finish last. He has enjoyed life as a standout athlete, singer, actor, and loyal friend. The opportunity to extensively tour the U.S. with his job as a sports and entertainment marketing manager has further boosted Brian's confidence and travel expertise.
Though some may see Brian and Ericka as total opposites, they believe that their differences are actually their greatest strength and will propel them around the world all the way towards the finish line.
The Amazing Race 15
|Brian & Erika's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Japan||No Detour||Brian||6 of 12|
|2||Japan → Vietnam||No Detour||Ericka||10 of 11|
|2||3||Vietnam||Child's Play / Word Play||Brian||4 of 10|
|3||4||Vietnam → Cambodia||Cover / Wrap||Ericka||3 of 9|
|4||5||Cambodia → United Arab Emirates||Build a Snowman / Find a Snowman||Brian||2 of 8|
|5||6||United Arab Emirates||Gold / Glass||Brian||4 of 7|
|6||7||United Arab Emirates → Netherlands||Farmer's Game / Farmer's Dance||Ericka||5 of 6|||
|7||8||Netherlands → Sweden||Nobel Dynamite / Viking Alphabet||Brian||3 of 5|
|8||9||Sweden → Estonia||Serve / Sling||Ericka||4 of 5|
|9||10||Estonia → Czech Republic||Fast & Furious / Slow & Steady||Ericka||4 of 4|
|10||11||Czech Republic||Legend / Lager||Brian||3 of 4|||
|11||12||Czech Republic → United States||No Detour||Ericka||3 of 3|
- In 2010, Brian & Ericka, together with The Amazing Race 15 co-racers Meghan & Cheyne, started Custom Quest, a company that produces Amazing Race-like events to help facilitate team-building and leadership for organizations and corporations. Their first produced event was The Gotham Quest in New York City on May 8, 2010.
- Brian and Ericka divorced prior to attending Meghan & Cheyne's marriage on May 7, 2011.
- Brian has since re-married and is now with his high school sweetheart, Mika. 
- In January 2015, Brian's commercial for Doritos was a finalist for a Super Bowl contest.
- In October 2015, Brian appeared on Shark Tank, asking for an investment in his company, EZPeeZ, which is supposed to make potty training children easier for parents.
- However, he received no offers and was advised to shutdown the product before putting more money into the company.
- In January 2020, Brian and his wife Mika began starring in the HGTV series 100 Day Dream Home. The series is currently airing its second season.
- Brian & Ericka are the first married interracial couple in the US Version.
- Youngest married couple ever, being 27 at the time of racing.
- First co-ed team to finish the race without winning any leg.
- Ericka's Wikipedia page: Ericka Dunlap
- Ericka's Website: www.erickadunlap.com
- People.com (12/08/2009): "Ericka & Brian Stronger Than Ever"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (12/08/2009): "The Amazing Race 15: Exclusive Interview with Brian Kleinschmidt and Ericka Dunlap"
- Digital Spy (12/08/2009): "Being at back had advantage"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (12/09/2009): "Poker Chips — Not the Bungee — Were Our Demise"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (12/09/2009): "Exclusive: Ericka Dunlap, Brian Kleinschmidt talk The Amazing Race 15"
- Jessica Liese at RHAP (01/26/2015): "TAR's Brian Kleinschmidt | Super Bowl Commercial"
- Ericka's Facebook: /ericka.dunlap
- Ericka's Twitter: @ErickaDunlap
- Brian's YouTube Channel: /UCHmoNO15_e4y_4fTrta3wdg
- Ericka's Instagram: /erickadunlap
- Brian's Instagram: /mrbreakinground
- Rocchio, Christopher (December 9, 2009). Exclusive: Ericka Dunlap, Brian Kleinschmidt talk 'The Amazing Race'. Reality TV World. Retrieved on October 15, 2020.
|The Amazing Race 15 Teams|