Christie Volkmer and Jodi Wincheski are a team of Flight Attendants on The Amazing Race 14.
They started out looking like the usual dumb blonde team, as they barely escaped elimination on the first two legs. However, they managed to stick around for half the season, even winning a leg. Unfortunately, that glory was not to last, as thanks to being saved by a non-elimination leg, they went into India with a Speed Bump. When combined with their cab driver putting them in last place from the very beginning of the leg, the extra time spent on the Speed Bump allowed Mark & Michael to narrowly beat them to the Pit Stop despite taking the slower Detour option, and they ended up 7th.
Retrieved from CBS.com
These two savvy flight attendants met while working on a Southwest Airlines flight six years ago where they made an instant connection. Both admit to being extremely competitive and determined to win.
Christie and Jodi agree they have different personalities, but are confident these differences will be used as a strength on the Race. Christie claims that she is more analytical while Jodi is the reactive one. Her biggest pet peeve about Jodi is that she reacts too fast, while Jodi's pet peeve with Christie is that she asks too many questions.
Christie, who recently married, describes herself as realistic, opportunistic and street-smart. Her primary motivation for running the Race is to challenge herself and to have an experience of a lifetime before she settles down and starts a family.
Jodi is using this experience to test what she is made of. As a divorced, single mother, she lives for her daughter and wants to prove to her that you can accomplish any goal you set your mind to. She describes herself as strong-willed, determined and independent. Jodi enjoys beach volleyball, snow skiing and traveling.
During their 25 years of combined traveling experience, Christie and Jodi have become well-versed in all the ins-and-outs of the travel industry and they're eager to put that valuable knowledge to good use.
The Amazing Race 14
|Christie & Jodi's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Switzerland||No Detour||Jodi||10 of 11|
|2||2||Switzerland → Germany → Austria||Balancing Dolly / Austrian Folly||Christie||9 of 10|
|3||3||Austria → Romania||Gypsy Moves / Vampire Remains||Jodi||6 of 9|
|4||4||Romania → Russia||Stack / Construct||Christie||1 of 8|
|5||5||Russia||Russian Bride / Russian Snowplow||Christie||7 of 7|
|6||6||Russia → India||Movers / Shakers||Jodi||7 of 7|
- Jodi is currently working for CBS as one of the casting managers for The Amazing Race and Survivor.
- It was stated by Jodi in an interview that she and Christie are not friends anymore, because of one big argument as of 2014.
- The first team of flight attendants.
- First all-female team to perform a Speed Bump.
- Jodi originally applied with Laura Morett but Laura was cut due to casting wanting a team of Flight Attendants.
- Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race's Christie Volkmer, Jodi Wincheski talk
- Amazing Race's Christie and Jodi Talk Taxis, Thongs and Tight Finishes
- The Amazing Race's Christie & Jodi Prove They're No Dumb Blondes
- Exclusive Interview: Jodi and Christie from 'The Amazing Race 14'
- Christie & Jodi's Twitter: @jodiwincheski
- Jodi's Facebook: /jodi.wincheski
- Christie's Facebook: /christievolkmer
|The Amazing Race 14 Teams|