Christie Volkmer and Jodi Wincheski are a team of Flight Attendants on The Amazing Race 14.
After barely escaping elimination in the first two legs, Christie & Jodi began to race smarter, even once winning a leg by using their knowledge as flight attendants to find the best flight to Siberia. However, poor navigation in the next leg resulted in them coming in last in a Non-Elimination Leg. Even after powering through their Speed Bump, Christie & Jodi could not overcome a bad taxi driver that initially put them in last place. Although they finished the Detour ahead of Mark & Michael, the latter team's Detour choice was closer to the Pit Stop, giving them a small gap that Christie & Jodi could not close in time, resulting in their elimination in 7th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Christie Volkmer (37); Jodi Wincheski (40)
Hometown: Choctaw, Okla./ Houston, Texas
Occupation: Flight Attendants
Relationship: Flight Attendants
These two savvy flight attendants met while working on a Southwest Airlines flight six years ago where they made an instant connection. Both admit to being extremely competitive and determined to win.
Christie and Jodi agree they have different personalities, but are confident these differences will be used as a strength on the Race. Christie claims that she is more analytical while Jodi is the reactive one. Her biggest pet peeve about Jodi is that she reacts too fast, while Jodi's pet peeve with Christie is that she asks too many questions.
Christie, who recently married, describes herself as realistic, opportunistic and street-smart. Her primary motivation for running the Race is to challenge herself and to have an experience of a lifetime before she settles down and starts a family.
Jodi is using this experience to test what she is made of. As a divorced, single mother, she lives for her daughter and wants to prove to her that you can accomplish any goal you set your mind to. She describes herself as strong-willed, determined and independent. Jodi enjoys beach volleyball, snow skiing and traveling.
During their 25 years of combined traveling experience, Christie and Jodi have become well-versed in all the ins-and-outs of the travel industry and they're eager to put that valuable knowledge to good use.
The Amazing Race 14
|Christie & Jodi's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Switzerland||No Detour||Jodi||10 of 11|
|2||2||Switzerland → Germany → Austria||Balancing Dolly / Austrian Folly||Christie||9 of 10|
|3||3||Austria → Romania||Gypsy Moves / Vampire Remains||Jodi||6 of 9|
|4||4||Romania → Russia||Stack / Construct||Christie||1 of 8|
|5||5||Russia||Russian Bride / Russian Snowplow||Christie||7 of 7|
|6||6||Russia → India||Movers / Shakers||Jodi||7 of 7|
- Jodi worked for CBS as a casting producer for The Amazing Race and Survivor.
- It was stated by Jodi in an interview that she and Christie are not friends anymore, because of one big argument as of 2014.
- Jodi had previously applied for The Amazing Race with her ex-husband years ago. Jodi also applied with Laura Morett.
- Christi & Jodi are the first team of flight attendants.
- First all-female team to perform a Speed Bump.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide (03/23/2009): "Amazing Race's Christie and Jodi Talk Taxis, Thongs and Tight Finishes"
- People (03/24/2009): "The Amazing Race's Christie & Jodi Prove They're No Dumb Blondes"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (03/24/2009): "Exclusive Interview: Jodi and Christie from 'The Amazing Race 14'"
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (03/25/2009): "Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race's Christie Volkmer, Jodi Wincheski talk"
- Christie's Facebook: /christievolkmer
- Jodi's Facebook: /jodi.wincheski
- Jodi's Instagram: /jodiwincheski
- Jodi's Twitter: @jodiwincheski
- Christie's Instagram: /christievolkmer
|The Amazing Race 14 Teams|