Cyndi Kalenberg and Russell Kalenberg are a team of Pastors/Married Parents on The Amazing Race 2.
A subdued team, especially compared to the bigger personalities of their competitors, they eventually finished in 7th after getting overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of Bangkok and falling behind all the other teams.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- “Our relationship is based on the "Love of God," on giving each love and support as we face life's challenges together.”
Cyndi and Russell met in the tenth grade at Hutchinson High School in Hutchinson, Minnesota. Cyndi was a new transfer student that year, and the two have been together ever since. During their 28-year marriage, they have traveled together many times. Because they live in a cold place, they like to head south to the ocean for a couple of weeks in winter; thus their best travel experiences usually involve lying on a beach. According to Cyndi, "Our worst travel experience is when I have tried to 'get by cheap' and we end up in a dive and have to scramble for a hotel at the last minute."
Russell and Cyndi decided to team up for THE AMAZING RACE "to face the challenge of racing around the world, seeing all the beautiful locations, but most importantly, building a lifetime memory with each other." As they approach the starting line, they resolve that "win or lose, we will allow this experience to draw us closer together. Our relationship with God and each other cannot be measured in any dollar amount."
Q & A
What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
- Cyndi: The strengths I bring to the Team would be an optimistic attitude, travel reservation experience, and getting us through a foreign airport. The weaknesses I would have is the lack of muscle power and trying to find my way out of any kind of wilderness.
What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
- Cyndi: Russell's best strength for our Team will be his ability to lead us through any remote locations like a jungle or desert, plus his muscle power to carry his own weight and probably most of mine too. His only weakness is trying to keep a positive attitude no matter what.
What is your favorite film?
- Cyndi: Anne of Green Gables
- Russell: Gladiator
What is your favorite TV show?
- Cyndi: THE AMAZING RACE
- Russell: THE AMAZING RACE
Who is your favorite actor?
- Cyndi: Robert Redford
- Russell: Sean Connery
Who is your favorite actress
- Cyndi: Meg Ryan
- Russell: Julia Roberts
What is your favorite band?
- Russell: Michael W. Smith
What comfort item from home will you miss the most?
- Cyndi: laptop computer and slippers
- Russell: King size pillow
The Amazing Race 2
|Cyndi & Russell's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||2 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Russell||6 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → South Africa||Dance / Deliver||Russell||8 of 9|
|4||4||South Africa → Namibia||Slide / Stride||Russell||6 of 8|
|5||5||Namibia → Thailand||Confusion Now / Confusion Later||Cyndi||7 of 7|
- Cyndi later wrote a blog detailing the couple's experience on the show.
- With Cyndi's encouragement, Russell originally applied for Survivor, but was not chosen. A casting agent, seeing his audition tape, asked the married couple for apply for The Amazing Race.
- Susan Schechter at RealityNewsOnline (07/10/2002): "Amazing Race 2: Interview with Cyndi & Russell"
Social Media Profiles
- Cyndi & Russell's Facebook: /russcyndi.kalenberg
- Cyndi's Twitter: @ckmimi6950
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|