Danielle Turner and Dani Torchio are a team of Childhood Friends on The Amazing Race 9.
Danielle & Dani flirted with Eric & Jeremy throughout their time in the race, with the two teams working together in Russia in the third leg. However, they discovered that Dani had left their fanny pack at the Roadblock site, forcing them to backtrack and separating them from their allies. This pushed them to the back of the pack, which carried on into the next two legs. Arriving in Sicily on the last flight with Lake & Michelle and Ray & Yolanda, they were beaten to the Yield by the married team, who then promptly Yielded them. Although their Yield ended before Ray & Yolanda got to the Roadblock, Dani struggled at the task, allowing Ray & Yolanda to catch up and eventually pass them, resulting in their elimination in 8th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Danielle & Dani are childhood friends hailing from Staten Island, New York. The two beauties met over 10 years ago and have been inseparable ever since.
Outgoing and talkative, Danielle, who recently graduated from St. Johns University with a degree in Speech Pathology, has limited experience when it comes to traveling abroad and is eager to see what this globetrotting adventure has to offer.
Dani recently graduated at the top of her class from Wagner College. She describes herself as being fun-loving, wild and eager to get out of Staten Island. Like her teammate, Dani also hasn't traveled very much. She hopes the Race will provide her with the chance to explore all the different cultures in the world.
Armed with bold personalities and a fearless attitude, the duo believes that anything is possible with good looks and thick accents, which they aren't afraid to use if it helps them to win the $1 million prize.
The Amazing Race 9
|Danielle & Dani's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Motor Head / Rotor Head||No Roadblock||9 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Press It / Climb It||Danielle||8 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Russia → Germany||Scrub / Scour||Dani||6 of 9|||
|4||Break It / Slap It||Dani||8 of 9|
|5||4||Germany → Italy||Foundry / Laundry||Dani||8 of 8<|
- Danielle would later date fellow racer Eric Sanchez and the two would win together as a new team on The Amazing Race: All-Stars.
- They broke-up after the race, citing the long living distance that came between their relationship, but remain good friends.
- Danielle is now married and has three children.
- Danielle & Dani are the first team to be Yielded and be eliminated in the same leg.
- There are the only team in the US version with that distinction.
- Julie Chen on The Early Show (03/29/2006): "Race Bids 'Arrivederci' To Pinkies"
- Jenn Basler at RealityNewsOnline (03/30/2006): "Other Teams Thought We Would Be a Threat"
Social Media Profiles
- Danielle's Facebook: /danielle.turnerstout
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20080517010534/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race9/bios/danielle_dani/
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160913234749/http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/23512/
- ↑ http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2007/05/the-amazing-race-11-eric_danielle_split/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10152732043311060&set=ecnf.779156059
|The Amazing Race 9 Teams|