Dessie Mitcheson and Kayla Fitzgerald are a team of Models on The Amazing Race 30.
Retrieved from cbs.com
Name: Dessie Mitcheson
Hometown: Apollo, Pennsylvania
Current occupation: Model
Describe what you do: I am a full-time model! I do print, spokes-modeling, and promotional modeling.
Three words to describe you: Vibrant, sweet, and passionate.
Favorite hobbies: Golf, yoga, fishing, and boating.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am definitely most proud of one of my recent accomplishments of being named one of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit's Top 15. I shot with them, and walked in their first ever runway show debuting their brand new swimwear line.
What scares you most about traveling? Honestly, not much. I love to travel and explore.
What excites you most about traveling? EVERYTHING! Learning new things, meeting new people, and exploring different cultures and food!
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would love to travel to Australia. It's always been on my bucket list. Everyone I know who has traveled there absolutely loved everything about it!
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)? Besides the money, I'm excited to have the experience of a lifetime! I think we will gain confidence and knowledge. It's going to test us in the best way possible.
Name: Kayla Fitzgerald
Hometown: Clermont, Florida
Current occupation: Model
Describe what you do: I am a professional print and commercial model and I also do promotional and spokes-modeling.
Three words to describe you: Hardworking, outgoing, and loyal.
Favorite hobbies: Yoga, boating, cooking, and sudoku puzzles.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? The biggest accomplishment of mine so far is shooting for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. I was also chosen to not only shoot, but walk in their first ever runway show during Miami Swim Week where they debuted their new swim line!
What scares you most about traveling? Not much, but if I had to choose something I would say thieves and shady people.
What excites you most about traveling? Learning about new and different cultures, new food, and the unknown.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would like to visit Barcelona because I think the architecture looks beautiful—as well as the beaches!
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)? Besides winning, I would like to experience different cultures and places around the world that I haven't yet and experience more adventures with my best friend. I'm a foodie so I'm also excited to get to try and experience different foods around the world that I normally wouldn't. Lastly, I'm hoping to learn more about myself and how far I can go to test my limitations.
The Amazing Race 30
|Dessie & Kayla's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Iceland||No Detour||Dessie||11 of 11|
- Closest margin of time ever for an eliminated team (April & Sarah were ahead on the mat by one step).
- Dessie's Website: dessiemitcheson.com
- Andy Gray at Swimsuit.com (01/02/2018): "Dessie Mitcheson and Kayla Fitzgerald Ready To Dominate The Amazing Race"
- Mike Bloom at Parade (01/04/2018): "The Amazing Race 30: Dessie Mitcheson and Kayla Fitzgerald Get Knocked Out in the Race's Round 1"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (01/04/2018): "Amazing Race 30 Exit Interview | First Team Eliminated"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (01/2018): "Exclusive: Dessie Mitcheson and Kayla Fitzgerald talk 'The Amazing Race'" (Parts 1 and 2)
- Dessie's Facebook: /dessie.mitcheson
- Dessie's Instagram: /dessiemitcheson
- Kayla's Instagram: /kaylafitz3
- Dessie's Twitter: @dessie_lyn
|The Amazing Race 30 Teams|