Duke Marcoccio and Lauren Marcoccio are a Father/Daughter team on The Amazing Race 10.
Duke & Lauren came into the race with a strained relationship after Duke could not accept his daughter's sexuality. Even though they finished near the front of the pack in the first two legs, they struggled throughout the third leg, culminating in losing sight of the teams they were following while searching for the Detour. After accidentally stumbling upon the longer Detour option, Duke & Lauren opted to do that task instead, which caused them to fall to last and be eliminated in 9th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Duke & Lauren are a father and daughter Team from Rhode Island who were estranged for several years following Lauren's "coming out." Both were hurt and disappointed by the experience and hope that running the Race together can help them recapture the closeness they once shared.
Duke, a father of three, is the owner and operator of a successful company called My Little Town, which makes New England icons in miniature porcelain. A Harley Davidson motorcycle enthusiast, Duke loves his family and both he and Lauren share the belief that they must win at anything they do, including THE AMAZING RACE.
Lauren, a speech and language pathologist, is a lesbian who has been involved in a relationship for four years. She enjoys hiking, running and rock climbing and has a competitive streak that should help her along the way. Her primary motivation for competing on the Race is to bond with her father and prove to him that she is still the same person she always was.
The Amazing Race 10
|Duke & Lauren's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Duke||2 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||Lauren||3 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||Duke||9 of 9|
- Lauren has since married and is caring for two children with her partner.
- Lauren first applied to be on Survivor, but was asked by casting to compete on The Amazing Race instead with they learned on her strained relationship with her father.
- Lauren is the first openly lesbian contestant.
- Duke & Lauren are the first of two straight/gay teams with a female LGBT racer. The second is Kisha & Jen.
- They were featured in a CBS.com gallery celebrating Father's Day in 2015.
- Neal Broverman at Advocate.com (10/02/2006): "Race's first gay casualty"
- Staci Krause at IGN (10/02/2006): "Exclusive The Amazing Race Interview: Duke and Lauren"
- Courtney Nelson at After Ellen (10/04/2006): "The Amazing Race’s Amazing Father/Daughter Team"
- Duke's Facebook: /duke.marcoccio
- Lauren's Facebook: /lauren.m.ferrari
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|