Dumb Did Us In is the ninth episode of The Amazing Race 16.
The order of departure from Pinang Peranakan Mansion are as follows:
Teams must travel by by bus to Kuala Lumpur. Then from Kuala Lumpur, teams must travel by train to Singapore. Upon arrival, teams must travel by taxi to Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall, where they have to find Allan Wu to receive their next clue.
Teams must travel to the Singapore Flyer, where they will have to climb out of one observation pod at the top of the 541-foot Ferris wheel and then cross a ladder to the next pod over. Once completed, they will win the Fast Forward. Dan & Jordan won the Fast Forward.
Choice A: Pounding the Drums
Teams would have to travel to Speakers' Corner and learn a complex drum routine for a lion dance performance. Once they've played it to their young instructor's approval, they will then perform the routine with a lion dance troupe on a nearby stage to receive their next clue.
Choice B: Pounding the Pavement
Teams would have to travel to an open area on Rochor Road where they have to gather supplies: chairs, an umbrella, a loaf of bread, wafers, and 10 boxes of ice cream. Then they must find a marked ice cream cart to sell 25 Singapore-style ice cream sandwiches for S$1 a piece to receive their next clue.
Only Louie & Michael chose this task.
Teams must travel by taxi to Istana Park to find their next clue.
Since Carol & Brandy completed the Pounding the Drums Detour, they would be forced to backtrack and complete the Pounding the Pavement Detour before continuing.
Teams must travel by taxi to ASL Marine Shipyard to find their next clue.
The team member assigned to this Roadblock would have to inspect an anchor chain by counting the number of links in the chain, while dealing with the noise created by the other workers at the port and announcements being read through a loudspeaker. When they give the right number, 521, on a clipboard to the dock manager, they will receive their next clue
The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
Teams must travel by taxi to MegaZip Adventure Park to find their next clue.
Teams must ride the MegaZip, a 1,476-foot long zip-line. After both members have completed the zipline, they will receive their next clue.
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer on a Non-Elimination Leg • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward • ⊂ Used the U-Turn • ⊃ Recipient of the U-Turn
- Allan Wu, the host of The Amazing Race Asia makes a cameo and hands out clues to the teams.
- This episode's title is said by Brandy, referring to Brent & Caite's U-Turning them over the stronger remaining teams.
- As of this leg, Caite is the last female racing.
- Jessica Shaw at EW.com (04/12/2010): "Singapore Sting"
- Lester Jeff at dryedmangoez.com (04/12/2010): "Recap: The Amazing Race 16, Episode 9 – Dumb Did Us In"
- Jenny Lane at RealityTV Calendar (04/12/2010): "Mean Girls Come to A Bitter End"
- Luke Dwyer at TV Fanatic (04/12/2010): "The Amazing Race Review: Dumb Did Us In"
- Josh Wolk at Vulture (04/12/2010): "U-Turned in Singapore"
- Sam McMillen at RealityWanted (04/24/2010): "The Amazing Race 16: McMillen's Moments, Episode 9"
|The Amazing Race 16 Episodes|
"Nanna Is Kickin' Your Butt" · "When the Cow Kicked Me in the Head" · "Run Like Scalded Dogs!" · "We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt" · "I Think We're Fighting the Germans, Right?" · "Cathy Drone?" · "Anonymous?" · "You're Like Jason Bourne, Right?" · "Dumb Did Us In" · "I Feel Like I'm in, Like, Sicily" · "They Don't Even Understand Their Own Language" · "Huger Than Huge"