Although their status as beauty queens had them initially dismissed as dumb blondes, they would surprise everyone when they quickly established themselves as a physical threat, performing better at physical tasks than the men they were racing against. Dustin & Kandice are regarded as groundbreaking as they came at a time where alpha males had generally dominated the competition, while all-female teams faltered and fell behind. Despite having a tendency to overlook things, they are regarded as one of the most popular and strongest teams to run the Race and are credited with proving that an all-female team could potentially win the race.
Dustin & Kandice first emerged as threats in The Amazing Race 10, dominating the second third of the race, earning themselves a target on their backs from their competitors in the process. In a season in which teams made it far by racing with alliances, the beauty queens isolated themselves from the other teams, repeatedly refusing to share information. However, they would temporarily work with someone or accept information if it was to their advantage, but never had any intention of returning a favor unless it was in their own best interest. Their cutthroat tactics of cutting in lines, using other teams for information, and paying taxi drivers to lead them around earned them the ire of every other team in the final seven. After a critical mistake at the final four resulted in them being Marked for Elimination the next leg, Dustin & Kandice desperately raced for first, but Tyler & James employed the strategy of following them throughout the leg to ensure that they would not be able to make up enough time for their penalty. This strategy worked and the latter team overtook them on the way to the Pit Stop, resulting in the beauty queens' elimination in 4th place.
They returned the following season in All-Stars, again starting out in the middle of the pack, before emerging as the most dominant team in the second half of the race. Much like their previous outing, their ruthless tactics of using other teams for information, but not giving any in return again earned them the ire of their competitors, particularly Charla & Mirna, who thought that they used their looks to get by and tried to form an alliance with the remaining teams against them, as well as Eric & Danielle, whom they orchestrated to get Yielded twice, first directly using the Yield on them, then paying Oswald & Danny to Yield their rivals for them. Their competitive nature eventually brought them to the final three, though they faltered at the final task, eventually finishing 2nd to Eric & Danielle.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Dustin & Kandice met while rooming together at the Miss America pageant. Rivals at first, they quickly struck a bond and have been best friends ever since. Dustin was Miss California 2005 and is currently living in Seattle, Washington as a graduate student studying psychology. The more thoughtful and strategic of the two, Dustin describes herself as competitive, energetic and positive. She enjoys Ultimate Frisbee at the beach and body boarding with friends. Kandice, who was Miss New York 2005, is a Rockette at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. She describes herself as charismatic, determined and vivacious, and likes dancing, running and doing Pilates in her spare time. Kandice's free-spirited approach towards situations will be tested on the Race, where split-second decisions can be the difference between staying another day and putting away your passport. Despite their personality differences, these two women share one common characteristic that could prove costly for the other Teams: they are wildly competitive and determined to win at any cost. Their primary reason for competing on the Race is to see the world and share this experience with one another.
These former Beauty Queens are back for a second chance and more determined than ever to prove to the world that they aren't just pretty faces. Proven to be fierce competitors during this current installment of Race, Dustin and Kandice are focused and have their sights on the Million Dollar Prize. These Best Friends met while rooming together at the Miss America pageant in 2005 and quickly formed a bond that they knew would last a long time. Dustin graduated Magna Cum Laude from California Baptist University with a BA in Speech Communications. She recently married her long-time sweetheart Luke. This Newlywed, who was crowned Miss California 2005, currently resides in Seattle, Washington and describes herself as thoughtful and spunky. Kandice, former Miss New York 2005, is a Rockette at Radio City Music Hall and in her senior year at New York University. She describes herself as charismatic, determined and vivacious and is positive that they can be the first all girl Team to win Amazing Race. These two women share one common characteristic that could prove costly for the other Teams on the Race: they are wildly competitive and more determined than ever to win at any cost. Will these beauties be able to prove to themselves and the world that they have what it takes to win the Million Dollar Prize?
The Amazing Race 10
|Dustin & Kandice's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||Labor / Leisure||Kandice||4 of 12|
|2||2||China → Mongolia||Take It Down / Fill It Up||Dustin||5 of 10|
|3||3||Mongolia → Vietnam||Fuel / Fowl||Kandice||4 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Over / Under||Dustin||7 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → India||Wild Things / Wild Rice||Dustin||2 of 7|
|6||6||India → Kuwait||Manual / Automatic||Kandice||2 of 7|
|7||7||Kuwait → Mauritius||Salt / Sea||Kandice||1 of 6|||
|8||8||Mauritius → Madagascar||Long Sleep / Short Letter||Dustin||1 of 6|
|9||9||Madagascar → Finland → Ukraine||Swamp This / Swamp That||Kandice||2 of 5|||
|10||Make the Music / Find the Music||Dustin||2 of 5|
|11||10||Ukraine → Morocco||Throw It / Grind It||Dustin||4 of 4>|
|12||11||Morocco → Spain||Lug It / Lob It||Kandice||4 of 4|
The Amazing Race: All-Stars
|Dustin & Kandice's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||6 of 11|
|2||2||Ecuador → Chile||By Hand / By Machine||Dustin||6 of 10|
|3||3||Chile||Vertical Limit / River Wild||Kandice||4 of 9|||
|4||4||Chile → Argentina||Navigate It / Sign It||Kandice||5 of 8|
|5||5||Argentina → Mozambique||Pamper / Porter||Dustin||2 of 7|
|6||6||Mozambique → Tanzania||Solve It / Schlep It||Dustin||4 of 7|
|7||7||Tanzania → Poland||Perfect Pitch / Perfect Angle||Kandice||1 of 6|||
|8||8||Poland||Eat It Up / Roll It Out||Dustin||3 of 6|
|9||9||Poland → Malaysia||Artistic Expression / Cookie Confection||Kandice||1 of 5>|
|10||10||Malaysia → Hong Kong||Kung Fu Fighting / Lost in Translation||Kandice||2 of 4|
|11||11||Hong Kong → Macau||Noodle / Dragon||Kandice||1 of 4|
|12||12||Macau → Guam||Care Package / Engine Care||Dustin||1 of 4|
|13||13||Guam → United States||Under / Over||Dustin||2 of 3|||
- In between the filming schedule of their two seasons, Dustin got married on July 30, 2006, with Kandice serving as a bridesmaid. Dustin later divorced her first husband and is now married to Curtis Fowler. She lives in Los Angeles where she is a licensed family and marriage therapist.
- In 2011, Kandice opened her own swimwear line, Kandice Pelletier Swimwear, which provides swimsuits to beauty pageant contestants.
- In 2018, Kandice got married.
- Dustin & Kandice are the first two person all-female team to win multiple and consecutive legs. They are the second overall, following the Godlewski Family in the The Amazing Race: Family Edition.
- Dustin & Kandice are the first team to check-in ahead of two teams who won a Fast Forward.
- Dustin & Kandice are the first all-female team to be Marked for Elimination.
- Dustin & Kandice are the first team to be eliminated in Spain.
- In The Amazing Race: All-Stars, Dustin & Kandice became the first all-female team to win the most legs of the season.
- In All-Stars, Dustin & Kandice became the first all-female team to have a racing average under 3.00.
- In All-Stars, Dustin & Kandice became the first all-female team to cross the Finish Line in second place.
- Most legs won by an all-female team who competed on multiple seasons, 6 legs (2 in The Amazing Race 10, 4 in All-Stars).
- Only team to use more than one Yield.
- Youngest all-female team to be in the final three, 25.
- Most legs won by an all-female team who came in 2nd, 4 legs.
- Youngest all-female team to finish in 2nd place, 25.
- Most countries/territories visited by a team, at 22.
- They received a letter in the 4th leg of All-Stars from Lyn Turk citing how much of a role model they are, but Karlyn Harris refused to sign it.
- In All-Stars, they began running leg 8 before Eric & Danielle and Joe & Bill managed to complete leg 7.
- During both seasons they raced, they placed exactly one place behind the team they Yielded earlier in the race.
- Dustin's Wikipedia page: Dustin-Leigh Konzelman
- Kandice's Wikipedia page: Kandice Pelletier
- Dave Price on The Early Show (12/04/2006): "Beauty Queens Dethroned"
- Julie Chen on The Early Show (05/07/2007): "Eric and Danielle Get Their Money"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (05/08/2007): "Interview: Dustin and Kandice talk about their 'Amazing' experience"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (05/09/2007): "Exclusive Interview: Dustin and Kandice, runners-up on The Amazing Race: All-Stars"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (05/09/2007): "Amazing Race: All-Stars Interview: Dustin & Kandice"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff on RealityNewsOnline (05/11/2007): "We Made It To The Top!"
Social Media Profiles
- Kandice's Facebook: /pelletier.kandice
- Kandice's Twitter: @KPSwimwear
- Monget, Karyn (April 4, 2014). Kandice Pelletier Swimwear Named Official Sponsor of Miss USA 2014. WWD. Retrieved on August 5, 2020.
|The Amazing Race 10 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|