Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 19.
Coming into the race as previous Survivor winners, Ethan & Jenna felt the need to hide their previous accomplishments or risk being targeted by their competitors. However, the other teams knew of their past anyway, causing resentment over their presence in the race. Although they did well in the first leg, they found themselves at the back of the pack in the second leg; at one point, they lost a clue and had to backtrack to retrieve it. Despite seemingly doing just enough to survive the Double Elimination, they failed to notice the sign requiring teams to give up all their money, forcing them to backtrack and dropping them to elimination in 10th place, becoming the first team to be eliminated without coming in last place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Dating
Current occupation: Change maker
Describe what you do: I travel the world inspiring people to take action and make a difference. I'm also a co-founder of the charity Grassroot Soccer, TV host, children's book author, soccer coach and inventor.
How will these skills help you win The Race? I have the ability to see the "good" in every situation.
Three words to describe you: "Survivor," creative and athletic.
Favorite hobbies: Inventing new products, photography and jumping rope. More...
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Patrick Dempsey in "Can't Buy Me Love."
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Cookie Monster
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Crushing cancer!
What scares you most about traveling? Bumping into my doppelganger.
What excites you most about traveling? Finding a hidden spot, off the beaten path, hanging out with locals and playing in a pick-up soccer game.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: ESP and mental telepathy.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She thinks that animals are real people and can understand what she is saying… I also kind of love it.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Peru. I want to climb Machu Picchu.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? An amazing adventure and proving that there is life after cancer.
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Dating
Current occupation: TV host/student
Describe what you do: I'm a television host on a new show, "Everyday Health." I'm also getting a masters degree in psychology at Columbia.
How will these skills help you win The Race? I'm a previous "Survivor" winner and a graduate student in psychology. Both can help.
Three words to describe you: Hilarious, outgoing and honest.
Favorite hobbies: Horseback riding, reading, snorkeling, eating candy, playing Mario Brothers with my dad and the fitness program S Factor.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? No one. I'm an original!
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Adrian Grenier/Patrick Dempsey
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Winning Survivor: The Amazon and completing my first half-marathon with Ethan.
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing except for crying babies.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new cultures and places.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He's too goody-goody.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I want to go to India and Egypt because I have never been.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? Time to bond and an adventure.
The Amazing Race 19
|Ethan & Jenna's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Taiwan||No Detour||Ethan||4 of 11|
|2||2||Taiwan → Indonesia||Shake Your Money Maker / Be a Ticket Taker||Ethan||10 of 11|||
- In 2013, after a ten-year relationship, Ethan & Jenna broke up but remained friends.
- In July 2015, it was announced that Ethan was engaged to longtime girlfriend Lisa Heywood. Ethan and Lisa married in July 2016.
- Ethan competed on Survivor's fortieth season, Winners at War. Ethan was the fourth person to be voted out and sent to the Edge of Extinction. Ethan was unable to win either of the re-entry challenges, being eliminated on Day 35.
- First team to be eliminated without coming last in that leg.
- The second team to represent Survivor, following Rob & Amber, and followed by Keith & Whitney, Rupert & Laura, Corinne & Eliza, and Chris & Bret.
- First team to be eliminated in Indonesia.
- One of two teams to be eliminated at the same Pit Stop (the other being Ron & Bill).
- The lowest-placing former Survivor team, 10th place.
- They would later followed by Rupert & Laura in The Amazing Race 31.
- Ethan & Jenna are the first team consisting of two Survivor winners to compete on The Amazing Race, following by Rob & Amber.
- However, unlike Ethan & Jenna, Rob had not yet won a season of Survivor until after both his appearances on The Amazing Race.
- Ethan's Wikipedia page: Ethan Zohn
- Jenna's Wikipedia page: Jenna Morasca
- Cynthia Wang at People.com (09/03/2011): "Ethan Zohn & Jenna Morasca: Will They Get Engaged on The Amazing Race?"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/03/2011): "We Prefer Survivor"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (10/03/2011): "Exclusive - Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca talk The Amazing Race"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at Reality News Online (10/04/2011): "Rocking Back and Forth and Foaming at the Mouth"
- Digital Spy (10/04/2011): "So much is out of your control"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (10/04/2011): "ELIMINATION INTERVIEW: ETHAN & JENN"
- Patrick Gomez at People.com (10/04/2011): "Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca Explain Amazing Race Elimination"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (10/05/2011): "Two 'Survivor' winners discuss their Race undoing"
Social Media Profiles
- Ethan's Twitter: @EthanZohn
- Ethan's Website: ezohn.com/
- Ethan's Instagram: /ethanzohn
- Jenna's Instagram: /jennamorasca
- Jenna's Twitter: @JennaMorasca
- Jenna's Website: jenna-morasca.com/
|The Amazing Race 19 Teams|