Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 19.
The winners of Survivor: Africa and Survivor: The Amazon respectively, they had been suggested by Survivor fans for years as another potential immigrant for the Race. While they did decently well in the first leg, they fell behind early in the second leg, and ended up leaving their clue behind at the Detour, forcing them to go back and get it. Though they initially got to the Pit Stop ninth, they had missed the sign telling them to turn all their money in at the orphanage. As Kaylani & Lisa had turned in theirs, this dropped them to 10th place. Though they never finished in last, they became the first and only victims of the double elimination.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Dating
Current occupation: Change maker
Describe what you do: I travel the world inspiring people to take action and make a difference. I'm also a co-founder of the charity Grassroot Soccer, TV host, children's book author, soccer coach and inventor.
How will these skills help you win The Race? I have the ability to see the "good" in every situation.
Three words to describe you: "Survivor," creative and athletic.
Favorite hobbies: Inventing new products, photography and jumping rope. More...
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Patrick Dempsey in "Can't Buy Me Love."
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Cookie Monster
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Crushing cancer!
What scares you most about traveling? Bumping into my doppelganger.
What excites you most about traveling? Finding a hidden spot, off the beaten path, hanging out with locals and playing in a pick-up soccer game.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: ESP and mental telepathy.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She thinks that animals are real people and can understand what she is saying… I also kind of love it.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Peru. I want to climb Machu Picchu.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? An amazing adventure and proving that there is life after cancer.
Hometown: New York, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Dating
Current occupation: TV host/student
Describe what you do: I'm a television host on a new show, "Everyday Health." I'm also getting a masters degree in psychology at Columbia.
How will these skills help you win The Race? I'm a previous "Survivor" winner and a graduate student in psychology. Both can help.
Three words to describe you: Hilarious, outgoing and honest.
Favorite hobbies: Horseback riding, reading, snorkeling, eating candy, playing Mario Brothers with my dad and the fitness program S Factor.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? No one. I'm an original!
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Adrian Grenier/Patrick Dempsey
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Winning "Survivor: The Amazon" and completing my first half-marathon with Ethan.
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing except for crying babies.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new cultures and places.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He's too goody-goody.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I want to go to India and Egypt because I have never been.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other then winning one million bucks)? Time to bond and an adventure.
The Amazing Race 19
Ethan and Jenna were previous winners on 'Survivor', forcing the team to keep quiet about their past as this would most likely cause other teams to target them. However the team were recognized by Jeremy & Sandy, who quietly spread the news to the other teams. After their past being revealed, other teams viewed Ethan & Jenna as a large threat, and a dangerous team on the race. However, due to a stumble at the detour before the Pit Stop during the second leg, the pair were eliminated in the 'Double Elimination' with Ron & Bill
|Ethan & Jenna's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Taiwan||No Detour||Ethan||4 of 11|
|2||2||Taiwan → Indonesia||Shake Your Money Maker / Be a Ticket Taker||Ethan||10 of 11|||
- In 2013, after a ten-year relationship, Ethan & Jenna broke up but remained friends.
- In July 2015, it was announced that Ethan was engaged to longtime girlfriend Lisa Heywood. Ethan & Lisa married in July 2016.
- Ethan competed on Survivor's fortieth season, Winners at War. Ethan was the fourth person to be voted out and sent to the Edge of Extinction. Ethan was unable to win either of the re-entry challenges, being eliminated on Day 35.
- The second team to represent Survivor, following Rob & Amber, and followed by Keith & Whitney, Rupert & Laura, Corinne & Eliza, and Chris & Bret.
- First team to be eliminated without coming last in that leg.
- First team to be eliminated in Indonesia in the original American version.
- One of two teams to be eliminated at the same Pit Stop (the other being Ron & Bill).
- The lowest placing former Survivor team, 10th place. Later followed by Rupert & Laura.
- Ethan's Wikipedia page: Ethan Zohn
- Jenna's Wikipedia page: Jenna Morasca
- Cynthia Wang at People.com (09/03/2011): "Ethan Zohn & Jenna Morasca: Will They Get Engaged on The Amazing Race?"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (10/03/2011): "We Prefer Survivor"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (10/03/2011): "Exclusive - Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca talk The Amazing Race"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at Reality News Online (10/04/2011): "Rocking Back and Forth and Foaming at the Mouth"
- Digital Spy (10/04/2011): "So much is out of your control"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (10/04/2011): "ELIMINATION INTERVIEW: ETHAN & JENN"
- Patrick Gomez at People.com (10/04/2011): "Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca Explain Amazing Race Elimination"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (10/05/2011): "Two 'Survivor' winners discuss their Race undoing"
Social Media Profiles
- Ethan's Twitter: @EthanZohn
- Ethan's Website: ezohn.com/
- Jenna's Twitter: @JennaMorasca
- Jenna's Website: jenna-morasca.com/
- ↑ http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/cast/63363/
- ↑ https://people.com/celebrity/ethan-zohn-and-jenna-morasca-break-up-after-10-years-together/
- ↑ http://www.people.com/article/survivor-ethan-zohn-is-engaged-lisa-heywood
- ↑ http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/survivor-alum-ethan-zohn-marries-lisa-heywood-w429535
|The Amazing Race 19 Teams|