Frank Mesa and Margarita Mesa are a Separated Couple team on The Amazing Race 1.
They were top competitors from the very beginning, and like the other teams they were not fans of Joe & Bill. However, they instead chose to focus on the Race and their own relationship. Like Rob & Brennan, they wound up easily making the final three after the remaining teams fell behind by hours, where they were very excited to discover the Finish Line was in Queens, in their neighborhood. However, they still fell behind Rob & Brennan and ultimately finished 2nd.
Retrieved from CBS.com
"Being best friends and respecting each other is the key to great, loving relationship we have now."
When Frank and Margarita were teenagers, a mutual friend introduced them, and they hit it off right away. They've had fun traveling together before, because they both enjoy learning about people and experiencing other cultures. They auditioned for THE AMAZING RACE because their combined talents make them a strong Team: Frank is intelligent, level-headed and physically strong; Margarita is patient, intelligent and has a keen intuition. Although they've been separated for a year, they're considering getting back together, and see THE AMAZING RACE as an opportunity to find out how well they can work together.
I'd most like to receive a letter from: My daughter (if she could write!)
Comfort item from home I'll miss the most: Bed with lots of pillows
Hobby or activity I'll miss the most: Working out with free weights
I'd most like to receive a phone call from: My daughter
Sunday paper I read most often: New York Times
Favorite TV show: Lonely Planet
Favorite Movie: Scarface
Favorite Actor: Al Pacino
Favorite Actress: Hillary Swank
Favorite Music: Hip Hop
I'd most like to receive a letter from: My old best friend in California
Comfort item from home I'll miss the most: My daughter
Hobby or activity I'll miss the most: Playing with my daughter
I'd most like to receive a phone call from: Any of my close friends or family
Sunday paper I read most often: New York Times
Favorite TV show: Seinfeld
Favorite Movie: Cast Away
Favorite Actor: Javier Bardem
Favorite Actress: Juliette Binoche
Favorite Music: Hip Hop; R&B; Salsa
The Amazing Race 1
|Frank & Margarita's Race History|
|1||1||United States → South Africa → Zambia||Air / Land||Frank||3 of 11|||
|2||2||Zambia → France||Far / Near||Frank||4 of 10|
|3||3||France||Tough Climb /Easy Walk||Frank||2 of 9|
|4||4||France → Tunisia||Full Body Brew / Full Body Massage||Frank||4 of 8|
|5||5||Tunisia||Listening / Puzzling||Margarita||5 of 7|
|6||6||Tunisia → Italy||Foot / Hoof||Frank||1 of 6|||
|7||7||Italy → India||Used Fast Forward||1 of 6►|
|8||8||India||Elephant / Row Boat||Margarita||2 of 5|
|9||9||India → Thailand||Public / Private||Frank||2 of 5|
|10||10||Thailand||Hike / Climb||Frank||2 of 4|
|11||11||Thailand → China||Volley / Rally||Margarita||1 of 4|
|12||12||China → United States||Flat / Steep||Frank||2 of 3|
|13||13||United States||Dog Power / Horsepower||Frank||2 of 3|
- Frank and Margarita initially reconciled after the race , but divorced and now remain good friends.
- Frank has been married to Lisa Francouer Mesa since August 2006.
- Frank was present at the Starting Line for the Season 25 premiere (at Times Square) with The Amazing Race fans and other former racers to witness the start of the new season.
- The first clue instructed the teams to approach "a contestant from the first season", pertaining to Frank, to ask him the location of the finish line of his season's finale, Flushing Meadows – Corona Park in Queens, also his hometown.
- First team to ever be introduced by the host.
- First co-ed team to win a leg.
- First team to win consecutive legs.
- First team to qualify for the final three.
- First team to have the highest racing average of a season.
- Margarita was the last female standing in season 1.
- Highest racing average on The Amazing Race 1, with 2.38
- Jane Clayson on The Early Show (12/14/2001): "Ding Dong The Lawyers Won"
- Brill Bundy at Zap2it (12/14/2001): "The Amazing Crosses the Finish Line"
- Jessica Liese at RHAP (10/20/2014): "Amazing Race 2014: Episode 4 RHAP-up with Season 1 Runner-up Frank Mesa"
Social Media Profiles
- Frank's Facebook: /frank.mesa1
- Frank's Twitter: @mrfrankmesa
- Margarita's Facebook: /margarita.mesa.104
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20060628071850/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/teams/bios/frank.shtml
- ↑ http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2001/12/the-amazing-race-1-frank_and_margarita/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153975297539151&set=a.442924409150.227292.691104150&type=3
|The Amazing Race 1 Teams|