Frankie Gassler and Amy Gassler are a Mother/Daughter team on The Amazing Race Canada 4.
As expected of a mother/daughter team who was so close in age, they often acted like sisters - at times joking around and shrieking but also having moments when they bickered fiercely. In terms of the race, they started off as a consistent team for the first five legs, but then struggled at the bottom of the pack from then on out when they chose to use their Express Pass on Legs 6's Roadblock as opposed to the more complex Detour. However, they would soldier on and manage to survive three close brushes with elimination until Amy's struggles at the Roadblock sealed their fate in 4th place.
Retrieved from CTV.ca
Occupation: Hair Stylist
Current City: Aldergrove, B.C.
Hometown: Aldergrove, B.C.
Strengths: Communication, intuition, and ability to get people to open up
Fears/Phobia: Small spaces
Favourite Travel Destination: Tropical Beach
Pet Peeve about Teammate: "When she rolls her eyes at something I say or do."
What's in your backpack? - Clothes, makeup, curling iron, hats, compass, calculator, rope, headlamp, swim cap, shades, hand and foot warmers and gloves!
How did you train for the Race? - Boxing, running, weights and I quit smoking
How did you choose your team colour? - Since my hair was already red it was a no-brainer.
Current City: Aldergrove, B.C.
Hometown: Aldergrove, B.C.
Strengths: Intuition, seeing the big picture, and being a true friend
Favourite Travel Destination: Austria
Pet Peeve about Teammate: "She's crazy!"
How did you choose your team colour? - We chose to be unique and true to ourselves. I'm a chill gal and my mom is fiery and bright so fire and ice was born.
What's one thing you wish you could bring on the Race? - My doggies, my boyfriend, more crystals, more lipstick. GPS.
What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? -Winning "The Amazing Race Canada" and travelling the world with my man.
Frankie and Amy are a spunky mother/daughter duo who act more like friends than a typical mother and daughter. After getting pregnant at 15, Frankie was kicked out of her house and forced to raise her daughter on her own. Growing up Amy struggled with the perception of having a young mother, yet despite these challenges Frankie and Amy are now closer than ever.
The typical mother/daughter roles are reversed with this pair. Amy is the mature one who shines with smarts and creative energy, while Frankie is a fiery young soul with a tough-as-nails exterior. Working in a hair salon, they are used to their clients venting, and they have become masters of conversation. And when required, they also know how and when to manipulate the conversation.
These two ladies have been through a lot and are determined to use their spunk, attitude, and bubbly energy to win "The Amazing Race Canada." Frankie would use the prize money to pay off debts, travel, and put toward her son's college education. Amy would put her share toward a house, travel, and donation to Critter Care where she volunteered.
Motto: "Don't step on people to win, unless they get in your way."
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? The Elements
Walk on song: "Break my Stride" – Matthew Wilder
Past team they most associate with: Tim and Tim If you could be an animal what would you be?
- Frankie: Mermaid
- Amy: Unicorn
The Amazing Race Canada 4
|Frankie & Amy's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||Northwest Territories → Alberta||No Detour||Amy||6 of 10|||
|2||2||Alberta||Sim / Swim||Frankie||3 of 9|
|3||3||Alberta → Vietnam||Vibrate / Hydrate||Amy||5 of 9|
|4||4||Vietnam||Flip Flop / V-Pop||Frankie||4 of 8|
|5||5||Vietnam → British Columbia||No Detour||Amy||3 of 7|||
|6||6||British Columbia → Ontario||Dry Dock / Art Rock||Amy||5 of 6ϵ|||
|7||7||Ontario||On the Field / Offshore||Amy||5 of 6|
|9||8||Ontario → Cuba||Sugar / Shake||Frankie||4 of 5~|
|10||9||Cuba → Nova Scotia||Feel the Rhythm / Feel the Burn||No Roadblock||3 of 5|
|11||10||Nova Scotia → New Brunswick||1867 / 1879||Amy||4 of 4~|
- In their appearance in Steph & Kristen's Backseat Drivers bonus series during Season 5 in 2017, it was revealed that Frankie had a new grandson, and recently acquired an agent to begin a career in television. In the video, both had their hair restored to its natural dark colour.
- Frankie & Amy were among 3 teams, along with Jet & Dave and Brent & Sean, chosen for a public vote for a chance to compete a second time in The Amazing Race Canada 7.
- In 2012, Frankie was featured with her husband, Dietmar (who appeared in a video message on Leg 6) in an episode of Million Dollar Neighbourhood on OWN Canada.
- Highest-placing mother/daughter team, at 4th place.
- Melody Robinet at Capital FM (09/07/2016): "INTERVIEW: Amy & Frankie from The Amazing Race Canada 4"
- Amber Dowling at The Loop (09/08/2016): "Amazing Race underdogs reveal how they were duped from the race - Dirty game play sends Frankie and Amy packing."
- Gordon L Gale at TARCA with Gord and Wayne (09/08/2015): "Amy & Frankie, Eliminationed from Amazing Race Canada Season 4"
Social Media Profiles
- Frankie's Twitter: @FrankieFenix74
- Amy's Twitter: @amygassler
- Amy's Instagram: /amygassler
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20160902003022/http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/teams/frankieandamy
- ↑ https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/canadas-choice-fan-votes-decide-which-team-gets-the-ultimate-second-chance-on-season-7-of-the-amazing-race-canada-this-summer-on-ctv/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/MillionDollarNeighbourhood/photos/a.263875703674613.61511.256641727731344/297660246962825/
|The Amazing Race Canada 4 Teams|