Garret Paul and Jessica Stout are a Dating On and Off team on The Amazing Race 15.
Despite arriving at the duck herding Roadblock in 2nd, Jessica struggled with the task, dropping them to last and eliminating them in 11th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
One word to describe this team is passionate. Garrett and Jessica met in Barcelona, Spain while on a yearlong study abroad program and have been dating on and off for seven years—during which time they've had three major breakups. Their fiercely independent natures have kept them from making any real commitment. Both are the oldest children in their families and thrive on being in control and competitive. However, one thing they both agree on is their love for travel—they have been to over 50 countries.
Garrett is certain his engineering background—including a master's degree in engineering from Stanford University—will come in handy on the Race, specifically the ability to assess and analyze complex situations on the fly. He describes himself as confident, hardworking and adventurous. Surfing is his favorite hobby.
Jessica, who describes herself as loyal and spirited, is a travel and lifestyle editor accustomed to being a creative, quick thinker, which will definitely be useful on the Race. Coming from a large Colombian family, Jessica has learned the importance of teamwork. She enjoys photography and being physically and mentally challenged. One of her proudest accomplishments was climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania (19,340').
Garrett and Jessica believe that this experience may be the final make or break moment in their relationship.
The Amazing Race 15
|Garret & Jessica's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Japan||No Detour||Garrett||8 of 12|
|2||Japan → Vietnam||No Detour||Jessica||11 of 11|
- At the Elimination Station, Garrett proposed to Jessica and she accepted.
- After the race, they got married. The couple has three daughters.
- Garret & Jessica appeared on an episode of 48 Hours in 2012 to talk about an encounter with an accused murderer they had in 2008.
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (09/28/2009): "Eliminated, But Engaged"
- Henrik Batallones at BuddyTV (09/28/2009): "Exclusive Interview with Garrett and Jessica from The Amazing Race 15"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (09/28/2009): "Exclusive: Garrett Paul and Jessica Stout talk The Amazing Race 15"
- Tim Park at Digital Spy (09/28/2009): "We catch up with Jessica Stout and Garrett Paul to discuss their time on the show."
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (09/29/2009): "The Amazing Race 15: Exclusive Interview with Garrett Paul and Jessica Stout"
- Carrie Bell at People.com (09/29/2009): "Garrett and Jessica Gone But Engaged!"
Social Media Profiles
- Garrett's Facebook: /garrettpaul22
- Garrett's Instagram: /gpaul22
- Jessica's Facebook: /jessicastoutpaul
- Jessica's Instagram: /jessstoutpaul
|The Amazing Race 15 Teams|