Go Big or Go Home is the season premiere of The Amazing Race 25.
Teams must fly to Saint Thomas, United States Virgin Islands. The first flight, American Airlines, could carry five teams and is scheduled to depart 40 minutes ahead of the second flight, Delta Air Lines. Upon arrival, teams must make their way to the Vendors Plaza, where they must sign up for one of six chartered flights on seaplanes, each carrying a maximum of two teams, destined for Lovango Cay, where they would find their next clue.
Once at Lovango Cay, teams must take a boat to Carvel Rock, climb up and along its length, then jump into the Caribbean Sea once they have reached end of the islet. After both members have jumped, they must retrieve their next clue located in a series of floating bottles.
Using a rowboat attached to a rope-line, teams must pull themselves to the shores of Hans Lollik Island, where they would find their next clue.
The team member assigned to perform this Roadblock must use a traditional liquid compass, a shovel marked 1 yard, and a unique set of coordinates, in which they must start off at one of four landmarks on the beach (an anchor, a set of barrels, a ship's bell, and a ship's wheel). Starting from their assigned landmark, they must search the beach for a treasure chest, marked with their unique coordinates, containing their next clue.
The Roadblock performers per team are underlined:
First Place • Eliminated • Last placer on a Non-Elimination Leg• Saved from elimination by the Salvage Pass or The Save • Season winner • Season 2nd place • Season 3rd place • ► Used the Fast Forward• ϵ Used the Express Pass• ⊂ User of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⊃ Recipient of the first Double U-Turn slot • ⋐ User of the second Double U-Turn slot • ⋑ Recipient of the second Double U-Turn slot
- For the first time, the Starting Line was opened for public viewing.
- Also, for the first time, the Starting Line took place at night.
- Frank Mesa from The Amazing Race 1 was among the audience at the Starting Line, where he was asked by teams about the location of the Finish Line in The Amazing Race 1.
- This marks the first time The Amazing Race visits the unincorporated territory of the United States Virgin Islands.
- Upon taking the four-hour penalty for quitting the Roadblock, Whitney Duncan cites a similar situation in "Business in the Front, Party in the Back" where the last three teams elect to quit the Roadblock together and proceed to the Pit Stop.
- This episode's title is said by Shelley Porter.
- Emily Longeretta at Hollywood Life (09/26/2014): "Amazing Race Premiere: Bethany Hamilton Is Not Messing Around"
- Jessica Liese at Rob Has A Website (09/27/2014): "The Amazing Race 25: A Love Letter to the Diehards"
|The Amazing Race 25 Episodes|
"Go Big or Go Home" · "When You Gotta Go, You Gotta Go" · "Get Your Sheep Together" · "Thinly Sliced Anchovies" · "Morocc' and Roll" · "I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat" · "Pretty Fly for a Food Scientist" · "Hot Sexy Knights" · "You're Taking My Tan Off" · "Smells Like Dirty Tube Socks" · "Hooping It Up" · "All or Nothing"