Gustavius "Gus" McLeod and Hera McLeod are a Father/Daughter team on The Amazing Race 6.
Despite entering the Race to sort out their differences, Gus became notorious for refusing to listen to his daughter. As they were not the strongest team physically, they instead relied on their smarts to keep up with the pack, sometimes to the frustration of other teams. However, a gate crashing on Hera's head during a scramble to pick numbers for a task in Budapest caused them to fall in last place. Choosing the longer Detour option and Gus struggling at the Roadblock resulted in their elimination in 7th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Gus & Hera are a father and daughter from and Gaithersburg, Maryland and Los Angeles, California, respectively. Gus is a former CIA agent, covert operative and the first person to fly an open-cockpit plane to the North Pole. Hera is a special education teacher and holds a Masters degree in special education with a cross-cultural emphasis.
Gus & Hera describe themselves as intelligent and resourceful, but also as aggressive and headstrong, and they often butt heads. Gus says Hera can be extremely stubborn, but he sees that as an extension of his own personality.
While Hera says the money is her prime motivation for doing THE AMAZING RACE, Gus says that having this experience with his child will help him relate to her as an adult and see how he did as a parent.
How would you describe your previous travel experience?
What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
What languages do you speak?
What destination are you hoping to visit?
What country do you feel best prepared for?
The Amazing Race 6
|Gus & Hera's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Iceland||Ice Climb / Ice Search||No Roadblock||10 of 11|
|2||2||Iceland → Norway||Endurance / Accuracy||Hera||3 of 10|
|3||3||Norway → Sweden||Count It / Build It||Gus||3 of 9|
|4||4||Sweden → Senegal||Stack 'Em Up / Pull 'Em Up||Gus||7 of 8|
|5||5||Senegal → Germany||Beers / Brats||Hera||5 of 8|
|6||6||Germany → Hungary||Catapult Crash / Cannonball Run||Hera||2 of 7|||
|8||Swim / Paddle||Gus||7 of 7|
- On October 20, 2012, Hera's infant son died under suspicious circumstances, with the son's father charged with murder.
- Gus & Hera were the only co-ed team on The Amazing Race 6 who were not in a romantic relationship.
- They were featured in a CBS.com slideshow celebrating 'Father's Day' in 2015.
- Gus & Hera are the first team to be eliminated in Hungary.
- First team to be eliminated on a superleg.
- Gus's Wikipedia page: Gus McLeod
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (01/04/2005): "Amazing Race Duo Talks"
- Cynthia Wang at People (01/06/2005): "Gus & Hera McLeod"
- AP (01/06/2005): "Father-daughter duo out on Amazing Race"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (01/07/2005): "Race's Gus and Hera"
- TARflies (03/25/2005): "It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets Bonked on the Head"
Social Media Profiles
- Hera's Facebook: /Hera1080
https://www.instagram.com/heramcleod/ Hera's Instagram
- Hera's Website: http://cappuccinoqueen.com/
|The Amazing Race 6 Teams|