Hayden Kristianson and Aaron Crumbaugh are a team of Dating Actors on The Amazing Race 6.
Though they were one of the physically strongest teams of the season, the two found themselves stymied by constant arguments, as well as Hayden's repeated nagging. After a difficult leg in China brought about by the language barrier, they were ultimately eliminated in 4th place after taking a pentaly for quitting the Roadblock. At the Pit Stop, Aaron proposed to Hayden, who accepted. They are the first team to get engaged during the race.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hayden & Aaron live together in Los Angeles, California. About eight months ago, they saw each other for the first time at a Mexican restaurant. They describe this encounter as fate and love at first sight. Aaron chased Hayden down in the parking lot in hopes of not leaving without asking for a date. Their first date was the next day, and they have been inseparable ever since.
Although they have known each other for only a few months, they feel like they are soulmates and share a lot in common, such as competitiveness, athleticism, sensitivity and, most importantly, closeness with their respective families. However, their personalities differ, as Hayden is more direct and loud while Aaron is more laid back.
They both come from athletic backgrounds. Hayden received a track scholarship to the University of New Mexico, and Aaron was All-American for volleyball at Michigan State University. Their natural ambition and competitiveness is not only their primary reason for going on the Race, it is one of the reasons they think that they are going to win.Hayden & Aaron are both models and are trying to pursue acting careers in Los Angeles. They feel that THE AMAZING RACE will bring them closer together as a couple and maybe help take their relationship to the next level.
How would you describe your previous travel experience?
What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
What languages do you speak?
What destination are you hoping to visit?
What country do you feel best prepared for?
The Amazing Race 6
|Hayden & Aaron's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Iceland||Ice Climb / Ice Search||No Roadblock||1 of 11|
|2||2||Iceland → Norway||Endurance / Accuracy||Aaron||4 of 10|
|3||3||Norway → Sweden||Count It / Build It||Aaron||1 of 9|
|4||4||Sweden → Senegal||Stack 'Em Up / Pull 'Em Up||Hayden||4 of 8|
|5||5||Senegal → Germany||Beers / Brats||Hayden||3 of 8|
|6||6||Germany → Hungary||Catapult Crash / Cannonball Run||Hayden||4 of 7|||
|8||Swim / Paddle||Aaron||4 of 7|
|9||7||Hungary → France||Climb Up / Fly Behind||Aaron||6 of 6|
|10||8||France → Ethiopia||Raise the Roof / Mud the Hut||Hayden||1 of 6|
|11||9||Ethiopia → Sri Lanka||Tree Trunks / Elephant Trunks||Aaron||2 of 5|
|12||10||Sri Lanka → China||Bricks / Ice||Aaron||1 of 4|
|13||11||China||Spray / Scroll||Hayden||4 of 4|||
- On April 21, 2007, Hayden & Aaron married. Kris & Jon attended the ceremony, while Kristy served as a bridesmaid.
- They currently have two children, Kaiya Rachel and Cash. Kaiya survived from a birth defect.
- Aaron is now a chef in Wagyu Wagon. He competed in Cutthroat Kitchen and finished 2nd.
- Hayden was a friend of Kelly Goldsmith, who competed on Survivor: Africa and was a casting director who suggested Hayden & Aaron would make a good team.
- Aaron was the first person to ever propose (to which Hayden accepted) during the race.
- First team to evolve their relationship during the show.
- First co-ed team to finish in 4th place.
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (02/09/2005): "Freddy, Kendra Out-Race Others"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (02/18/2005): "Race Duo Swears Off 'Baby' Talk"
- Chris Book & Colleen Harris at Reality Reel Media (02/22/2005): "Interview with Hayden and Aaron from The Amazing Race 6"
- Unknown Source (February 2005): "Interview with Hayden & Aaron"
- Carrie at Reality Shack (Spring 2005): "Interview with Hayden Kristianson from The Amazing Race 6"
Social Media Profiles
- Aaron's Facebook: /aaron.crumbaugh
- Aaron's Twitter: @thewagyuwagon
- Aaron's Instagram: /aaron.crumbaugh
|The Amazing Race 6 Teams|