Heather Mahar and Eve Madison are a team of Law School Roommates on The Amazing Race 3.
After beginning the Race on a strong note, the pair looked set for their first leg win in Portugal. However, they ended up misreading their clue and took a taxi to the Pit Stop instead of going on foot, and subsequently received a 37-minute penalty, which eliminated them in 9th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- “We're using this trip to gain perspective, to show us how strong we are. It's really to find the strength inside ourselves.”
Recent Harvard Law School graduates Heather, 25, and Eve, 25, began their friendship three years ago on their first day of law school. They were drawn to each other almost immediately. As Eve describes it: "the first girl I saw was 35 and wearing a MIT ballroom dancing sweatshirt... but then I saw Heather and she looked like the only normal person there--so we met."
Eve attended University of Michigan for undergraduate, and Heather received a B.S. from Cornell University. A seasoned traveler, Eve spent a summer in Madrid and six months in London while attending the London School of Economics. Heather also spent a year abroad in Oxford, London. They know that their smarts could ultimately guide them to victory, but their secret weapon is to use their looks and charm to manipulate people into helping them along the way.
These friends and roommates look to this experience as an opportunity to finally put the books down and travel the world before starting their law careers. Eve hopes this will also help her overcome some of her biggest fears, which are flying and extreme outdoor sports, while Heather hopes that her enthusiasm for adventure and challenge will rub off on her teammate.Heather resides in Boston. Her birth date is September 17. Eve lives in New York City and her birth date is November 10, and she is a proud Scorpio.
How would you describe your previous travel experience?
What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
What languages do you speak?
What destination are you hoping to visit?
What country do you feel best prepared for?
The Amazing Race 3
|Heather & Eve's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Mexico||Wings / Wheels||No Roadblock||6 of 12|||
|2||2||Mexico||Man Power / Horse Power||Heather||3 of 11|
|3||3||Mexico → United Kingdom||Punt / Bike||Heather||5 of 10|
|4||4||United Kingdom → Portugal||Old School / New School||Heather||9 of 9|||
- On October 1, 2005, Heather married Merritt Paulson (son of former US Secretary of the Treasury, Hank Paulson. They currently have two children.
- Heather & Eve are the first all-female team to switch Detours.
- First team to arrive at the Pit Stop first and be eliminated in the same leg (they were issued a 37-minute penalty for misreading their last clue).
- First team to be eliminated in Portugal.
- First team to beg for money at a US airport.
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (10/24/2002): "Lawyers Sent Home on Technicality"
- CBS.com (2002): "After the Race"
|The Amazing Race 3 Teams|