Hope Davis and Norm Davis are a team of Married Parents on The Amazing Race 2.
Although they did fairly well on the first leg, a bad cab driver dropped them to the back of the pack in the second, and they were beaten to the Pit Stop by Blake & Paige after the siblings got a replacement vehicle due to confusion over the rules, ending up in 10th place.
Hope and Norm were 20 years old when they met in Clinton, Tennessee. It was July 1983, the summer before their junior year in college. Norm played it cool, waiting about a month before asking Hope out. After dating Norm for three years, Hope moved to Clinton and the two were married. They've done a little traveling together, and both have enjoyed the adventure and the quality time together.
Hope and Norm decided to team up for THE AMAZING RACE mostly for the challenge and the adventure. According to Hope, "I would not have signed up with anyone else! Norm could complete the race with anyone and have a great time. Our strengths are that we compliment each other's weaknesses." When thinking about how participating in THE AMAZING RACE will affect their relationship, Hope says, "We think that the Race will make us stronger and will add to our memories of one another that will last a lifetime."
The Amazing Race 2
|Hope & Norm's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||4 of 11|||
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Norm||10 of 10|
- After being eliminated from the race, the couple wanted to organize a Real World/Road Rules Challenge-style competition involving the casts of this show and Survivor, but it did not come to fruition.
- Blake & Paige and Hope & Norm are the first teams to be in a tie at the Pit Stop.
- First co-ed team to finish the race in 10th place.
- After learning that CBS were looking for a married couple to fill a slot, family friend (and Survivor winner) Tina Wesson helped the couple get cast on Season 2.
- Lonnie Wilkey at Baptist Press (04/04/2002): "Amazing Race Couple Interview"
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|