Hope Davis and Norm Davis are a team of Married Parents on The Amazing Race 2.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- “We're two unique individuals, complimenting one another's personalities, celebrating each other's differences.”
Hope and Norm were 20 years old when they met in Clinton, Tennessee. It was July 1983, the summer before their junior year in college. Norm played it cool, waiting about a month before asking Hope out. After dating Norm for three years, Hope moved to Clinton and the two were married. They've done a little traveling together, and both have enjoyed the adventure and the quality time together.
Hope and Norm decided to team up for THE AMAZING RACE mostly for the challenge and the adventure. According to Hope, "I would not have signed up with anyone else! Norm could complete the race with anyone and have a great time. Our strengths are that we compliment each other's weaknesses." When thinking about how participating in THE AMAZING RACE will affect their relationship, Hope says, "We think that the Race will make us stronger and will add to our memories of one another that will last a lifetime."
Q & A
What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
- Hope: I'm driven, good at scheduling, and have good communication skills. However, I tend to make decisions impulsively. I have no foreign language skills and no sense of direction.
- Norm: I'm competitive and have good listening skills, but I have trouble making decisions.
What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
- Hope: Norm is extremely patient and kind, as well as physically strong. He likes to keep his options open, and is able to look at situations and see lots of choices. Norm's weakness is his strength. He has a hard time asserting his way with others and will put someone else before himself, rather than risk hurting that individual or treating them with disrespect.
- Norm: Hope is very organized and can make decisions fairly quickly, with adequate sleep! She is physically strong and has a lot of courage. Her weakness is that she is too open and wants to trust people. She tends to include others in decisions and therefore weakens our advantage.
What is your favorite film?
- Hope: True Lies
- Norm: Braveheart
What is your favorite TV show?
- Hope: SURVIVOR
- Norm: Discovery: Science of Travel
Who is your favorite actor?
- Hope: Mel Gibson
- Norm: Mel Gibson
Who is your favorite actress
- Hope: Goldie Hawn and Meg Ryan
- NORM: Michelle Pfeiffer
What is your favorite band?
- Hope: Rick Braun and Bouncy James
- Norm: N/A
What comfort item from home will you miss the most?
- Hope: Fuzzy slippers and my bed
- Norm: Sons Jared and John Luke
The Amazing Race 2
|Hope & Norm's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Mountain / Beach||No Roadblock||4 of 11|||
|2||2||Brazil||Freak Out / Seek Out||Norm||10 of 10|
- After being eliminated from the race, the couple wanted to organize a Real World/Road Rules Challenge-style competition involving the casts of this show and Survivor, but it did not come to fruition.
- Hope & Norm are friends with Survivor: The Australian Outback winner Tina Wesson, who helped the couple get cast on The Amazing Race when she learned casting was looking for a married couple to compete.
- Blake & Paige and Hope & Norm are the first teams to be in a tie at the Pit Stop.
- First co-ed team to finish the race in 10th place.
- Lonnie Wilkey at Baptist Press (04/04/2002): "Amazing Race Couple Interview"
|The Amazing Race 2 Teams|