Jelani Roy and Jenny Wu are a Blind Dating team on The Amazing Race 26.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Name: Jelani Roy
Hometown: New York, NY
Relationship Status: Single
Current occupation: Lawyer
Describe what you do: I currently have an equity interest in an internet startup where I negotiate deals with fortune 500 companies. I'm also a sports agent.
3 words to describe you: Loyal, intelligent and fun.
Favorite hobbies: Playing/watching sports, cooking and bar hopping.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Passing the New York bar exam the first time I took it.
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new places and interacting with the people from there.
How many serious relationships have you been in? Three serious relationships.
What are your deal breakers in a relationship? They have to be compassionate.
What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? Pretty, laid back and fun.
What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Smokers (but learn to tolerate it), being mean and high maintenance.
Who is your celebrity crush? Emilia Clarke (Khaleesi from Game of Thrones).
What famous person reminds you of yourself? I get Taye Diggs a lot.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Antarctica, because it one of the few remaining mostly untouched places on earth.
Name: Jenny Wu
Hometown: Los Angeles
Relationship Status: Single
Current occupation: Blogger/lawyer
Describe what you do: As a blogger, I create content via my blog and other media platforms and work with fashion and beauty companies on digital collaboration and campaigns. As a lawyer, I'm creative, resourceful, observant, analytical and take calculated risks.
3 words to describe you: Feisty, bubbly and adventurous.
Favorite hobbies: Photography, attending music festivals and hiking.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Coming to terms with who I am and what I want in life while letting go of my fear of being alone.
What scares you most about traveling? The one thing that scares me about traveling is not knowing if the next bathroom will just be a hole in the ground.
What excites you most about traveling? Getting lost and finding my way back.
How many serious relationships have you been in? Only one! I dated my high school sweetheart for 10 years before getting married. We recently got a divorce.
What are your deal breakers in a relationship? Selfishness, laziness, settling for the status quo and aversion to desserts.
What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? Excellent banter skills, quick wit and a striking resemblance to Leonardo DiCaprio.
What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? The losing trifecta is someone who doesn't have anything interesting to say, but can't stop talking about himself, and is devoid of any unique perspective.
Who is your celebrity crush? Leonardo DiCaprio
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Norma Jean Baker
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Turks and Caicos because I want to catch lobsters with my bare hands.
The Amazing Race 26
|Jelani & Jenny's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Japan||Syncing Steps / Samurai Sake||No Roadblock||1 of 11|
|2||2||Japan||Share / Chair||Jelani||1 of 10|
|3||3||Japan → Thailand||Ski / Tree||No Roadblock||3 of 9|
|4||4||Thailand||Water / Wheel||Jelani||7 of 9|
|5||5||Thailand → Germany||Stein / Stack||Jenny||4 of 8|
|6||6||Germany → France → Monaco → France||Don't Slack Off / Win By a Nose||Jenny||5 of 7|
|7||7||France → Namibia||Track / Pack||Jelani||4 of 6|
|8||8||Namibia||Work / Play||Jelani||4 of 6ϵ⊃|||
|9||9||Namibia → Netherlands||Soak / Shuffle||Jenny||3 of 5♥|
|10||10||Netherlands → Peru||Mamas / Papas||Jenny||2 of 5♥|
|11||11||Peru||Shake Your Hips / Make Some Bricks||Jelani||2 of 4|
|12||12||Peru → United States||No Detour||Jelani||2 of 4|||
- Jenny and boyfriend Michael were featured homebuyers on an episode of HGTV's House Hunters Renovation, first aired May 21, 2016.
- Jenny and Michael married in September 2016, and welcomed their first child, a son, in November later that year.
- Jelani & Jenny are the first team ever to consist of Asian-American and African-American contestant.
- First Asian-American/African-American team to win a leg.
- First American team to be U-Turned while in possession of the Express Pass.
- AsianBlackCouples.com (03/28/2015): "Jelani Roy and Jenny Wu – Blasian Couple Blind Dating On The Amazing Race"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (05/18/2015): "Amazing Race 2015 | Top 4 Exit Interviews"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (05/19/2015): "We Sucked at Taking Selfies"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (05/19/2015): "Race Runners Up Jenny and Jelani Bonded Over Their Blind Date Experience: Giving it their all until the end"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (05/20/2015): "Exclusive: The Amazing Race runner-up couple Jenny Wu and Jelani Roy dish on the season"
- Lauren DuBois at Enstarz.com (05/21/2015): "Jenny & Jelani Admit That Selfies Cost Them $1 Million Prize"
Social Media Profiles
- Jelani's Facebook: /jelani.roy
- Jelani's Twitter: @Jlawhat
- Jelani's Instagram: /jlawhat
- Jenny's Facebook: /jennyzwu123
- Jenny's Twitter: @goodbadandfab
- Jenny's Instagram: /goodbadandfab
|The Amazing Race 26 Teams|