In The Amazing Race 16, Jet & Cord distinguished themselves from the other teams with their independent gameplay and cohesive teamwork, generally allowing them to stay ahead while their competitors feuded with each other. Although struggling with navigation at times, the cowboys made up for it with their efficient performances in tasks, allowing them to make it to the final leg. However, their lax approach with strategy when it came to flights caused them to fall back at two critical points in the race: first when it resulted in them coming in last in the seventh leg, only to be saved by a Non-Elimination Leg, and second when they rested on the plane to San Francisco in the final leg, while Dan & Jordan managed to move themselves up to first class, allowing them to get off the plane first and build a lead that Jet & Cord were never able to close down, resulting in the cowboys finishing in 2nd place.
Their popularity would get them invited back for Unfinished Business. However, the tougher tasks and competition exposed their weakness at the mental aspect of the game, and they found themselves getting by solely on their ability to do the physical tasks faster than everyone else. They were ultimately done in by a combination of their poor navigation skills and the answer-sharing alliances they were not part of. Jet got lost during the Lichtenstein measuring Roadblock, and even though Flight Time also got lost, only Jet had to re-run the task, as Flight Time was able to get the answer from Justin . This put them so far behind that they could not catch up, even with the Globetrotters making several mistakes during the Detour. A U-Turn at the end of the leg sealed their fate in 6th place, as they were the last remaining previous Final 3 team to go out.
They would get another chance to rectify this on the second All-Stars. After a mediocre performance on Unfinished Business, they looked to have returned to form, winning two of the first four legs and, with an Express Pass under their belts, appeared to be a good bet to ride into the Final 3. Despite starting leg 10 neck and neck with Leo & Jamal and Dave & Connor, they got lost looking for the Zurich airport, putting them on the second flight into Spain with the trailing teams. Their situation worsened when they had trouble with the Detour, both locating the clue for it and completing the task, putting them in last place. This might not have proven to be an issue, except that Leo & Jamal had deviated from the Accidental Alliance's plan to U-Turn Brendon & Rachel, switching to the Cowboys, who they saw as a much bigger threat. Seeing their picture on the U-Turn board, the Cowboys knew their race was over, and they became the last of the three teams returning for a third time to be eliminated, this time in 5th place.
- 1 Profile
- 2 The Amazing Race 16
- 3 The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business
- 4 The Amazing Race: All-Stars
- 5 Post-Race
- 6 Trivia
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Retrieved from CBS.com
The Amazing Race 16
|Jet & Cord's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Chile||No Detour||Cord||3 of 11|
|2||2||Chile||Llama Adoration / Condor Consternation||Cord||1 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Horse Sense / Horse Power||Jet||1 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Germany||Soccer / Sauerkraut||Jet||4 of 8|
|5||5||Germany → France||In the Trenches / Under Fire||No Roadblock||3 of 8|
|6||6||France||Tower / Terra||Cord||4 of 7|
|7||7||France → Seychelles||Turtle Toddle / Ox Trot||Cord||6 of 6|||
|8||8||Seychelles → Malaysia||Buddhist Tradition / Chinese Custom||Jet||1 of 6|
|9||9||Malaysia → Singapore||Pounding the Drums / Pounding the Pavement||Jet||3 of 5|
|10||10||Singapore → China||No Detour||Jet||1 of 4|||
|11||11||China||Pork Chops / Pork Dumplings||Jet||2 of 4|
|12||12||China → United States||No Detour||Cord||2 of 3|
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business
|Jet & Cord's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Australia||No Detour||Jet||11 of 11|||
|2||2||Australia||Spirit World / Natural World||No Roadblock||3 of 11|
|3||3||Australia → Japan||Prayer of Purity / Frog of Luck||Cord||6 of 10|
|4||4||Japan → China||Hammer / Horn||Cord||2 of 9|
|5||5||China||Honor the Past / Embrace the Future||Jet||1 of 9|
|6||6||China → India||Hindu Art / Bengali Literature||Jet||2 of 8|
|7||7||India||Feed the Fire / Feed the Buffalo||Cord||5 of 7|
|8||8||India → Austria||Long Hard Walk / Quick and Easy Meal||Cord||5 of 6|
|9||9||Austria → Lichtenstein → Switzerland||Cheese / Wheeze||Jet||6 of 6⊃|
The Amazing Race: All-Stars
|Jet & Cord's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||No Detour||Cord||1 of 11|
|2||2||China||Featherball / China Cup||Jet||6 of 10|
|3||3||China → Malaysia||River Delivery / Run Through the Jungle||Cord||2 of 9|
|4||4||Malaysia||Mix Master / Master Mix||Cord||1 of 8|
|5||5||Malaysia → Sri Lanka||Fishing Pole / Spin Control||Jet||3 of 8|
|6||6||Sri Lanka||Trunk / Sheets||Cord||2 of 7|
|7||7||Sri Lanka → Italy||Gladiator / Charioteer||Jet||4 of 7|
|8||8||Italy||Donkey Run / Donkey Build||Jet||2 of 6ϵ|||
|9||9||Italy → Switzerland||No Detour||Cord||2 of 5|
|10||10||Switzerland → Spain||Spanish Steps / Running with the Ballz||Jet||5 of 5⊃|
- At TARCon in spring 2010, Jet used a homophobic slur against fellow racer Jordan Pious.
- In 2014, someone stole $100,000 worth of cattle from Jet's ranch.
- On June 16, 2015, Jet announced that he was running for a seat in the Oklahoma Senate. However, he ultimately lost the seat.
- Cord's daughter, Tulsa Rae McCoy, was born on September 5, 2018.
- Jet & Cord won a leg every time they visited China: The Amazing Race 16 (leg 10), The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business (leg 5), and The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2014) (leg 1).
- Jet & Cord were also unpopular with fellow returnee teams on Unfinished Business.
- First team to perform a Speed Bump and come in 1st in the same leg (followed by Brooke & Robbie and Henry & Evan).
- Most legs won in a career by a team of brothers, 7 legs.
- Second team to be eliminated by the U-Turn twice in their career, (following Amanda & Kris).
- Highest average placing team of brothers, at 2.58.
- Cord's Website: http://www.cordmccoy.com/
- Cord's Wikipedia page: Cord McCoy
- Staff at Digital Spy (05/10/2010): "Jet and Cord ('The Amazing Race')"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide (05/11/2010): "Amazing Race's Jet and Cord: We're "Still Wondering" Why Dan and Jordan Cut in Line"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (05/12/2010): "The Amazing Race 16: Exclusive Interview with Jet and Cord McCoy"
- Staff at Reality TV World (05/13/2010): "Exclusive: Jet McCoy and Cord McCoy discuss 'The Amazing Race'"
- Henrik Batallones at BuddyTV (05/13/2010): "Exclusive Interview: Jet and Cord from 'The Amazing Race'"
- Staff at Reality TV World (04/25/2011): "Exclusive: Jet McCoy and Cord McCoy talk about 'The Amazing Race'"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide (04/25/2011): "Amazing Race's Jet and Cord: It Would've Been "Really Cool" If Someone Told Us the Answer"
- Carla Patton at BuddyTV (04/25/2010): "Jet of 'The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business' Responds to the Anti-Cowboy Coalition"
- Tom Wilmes at American Cowboy (06/11/2011): "AC Interview: Jet and Cord McCoy"
- CBS.com (05/05/2014): Elimination Interview: Jet and Cord
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide (05/05/2014): "Amazing Race's Jet and Cord: Navigation Was Our Downfall"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP.com (05/05/2014): "Amazing Race 2014: Exit Interview with 'The Cowboys', Jet & Cord – 5/05/14"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (05/2014): "Exclusive: Cord McCoy and Jet McCoy talk 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars" (Parts 1 & 2)
- Daniel Fienberg at Hitfix (05/11/2014): "Interview: Jet & Cord talk ‘Amazing Race: All-Stars’"
- Cord's Facebook: /cord.mccoy.3
- Cord's Instagram: /cordmccoy
- Jet's Twitter: @JetMcCoy
- Cord's Twitter: @CordMcCoy
|The Amazing Race 16 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2014) Teams|