In The Amazing Race 16, Jet & Cord distinguished themselves from the other teams with their independent gameplay and cohesive teamwork, generally allowing them to stay ahead while their competitors feuded with each other. Although struggling with navigation at times, the cowboys made up for it with their efficient performances in tasks, allowing them to make it to the final leg. However, their lax approach with strategy when it came to flights caused them to fall back at two critical points in the race: first when it resulted in them coming in last in the seventh leg, only to be saved by a Non-Elimination Leg, and second when they rested on the plane to San Francisco in the final leg, while Dan & Jordan managed to move themselves up to first class, allowing them to get off the plane first and build a lead that Jet & Cord were never able to close down, resulting in the cowboys finishing in 2nd place.
Returning in Unfinished Business, the tougher tasks and competition exposed their weakness at the mental aspect of the game, and they found themselves getting by mostly on their ability to do physical tasks faster than everyone else, as well as copying and following other teams. However, their weaknesses again resurfaced, first when they again preferred conservative flight strategies, leaving them at the back of the pack on several occasions, and second with their individualistic gameplay, which disconnected them from their competitors. This approach ultimately did them in during the ninth leg when Jet got lost while navigating during the Roadblock after ditching Gary Ervin, who was willing to work with him, while their competitors were able to work together. This put them far behind the other teams, with a subsequent U-Turn from Flight Time & Big Easy sealing their fate and eliminating them in 6th place.
They would compete for a third time in All-Stars, where they again made themselves to be threats, particularly to Leo & Jamal, by winning two of the first four legs. However, they proved to be unwilling to change their approach to the race, and their old weaknesses once again came back to haunt them. Although yet again performing purely physical tasks efficiently, they struggled with any task that deviated from this, along with again struggling with navigation. These weaknesses came to light in the tenth leg when they got lost on the way to the airport, relegating them to the later flight to Spain. They then had trouble completing the Detour, putting them in last and making them prime targets for their rivals, Leo & Jamal, to U-Turn. This U-Turn ensured that the cowboys would finish last, being eliminated in 5th place.
- 1 Profile
- 2 The Amazing Race 16
- 3 The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business
- 4 The Amazing Race: All-Stars
- 5 Post-Race
- 6 Trivia
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Retrieved from CBS.com
The Amazing Race 16
|Jet & Cord's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Chile||No Detour||Cord||3 of 11|
|2||2||Chile||Llama Adoration / Condor Consternation||Cord||1 of 10|
|3||3||Chile → Argentina||Horse Sense / Horse Power||Jet||1 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Germany||Soccer / Sauerkraut||Jet||4 of 8|
|5||5||Germany → France||In the Trenches / Under Fire||No Roadblock||3 of 8|
|6||6||France||Tower / Terra||Cord||4 of 7|
|7||7||France → Seychelles||Turtle Toddle / Ox Trot||Cord||6 of 6|||
|8||8||Seychelles → Malaysia||Buddhist Tradition / Chinese Custom||Jet||1 of 6|
|9||9||Malaysia → Singapore||Pounding the Drums / Pounding the Pavement||Jet||3 of 5|
|10||10||Singapore → China||No Detour||Jet||1 of 4|||
|11||11||China||Pork Chops / Pork Dumplings||Jet||2 of 4|
|12||12||China → United States||No Detour||Cord||2 of 3|
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business
|Jet & Cord's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Australia||No Detour||Jet||11 of 11|||
|2||2||Australia||Spirit World / Natural World||No Roadblock||3 of 11|
|3||3||Australia → Japan||Prayer of Purity / Frog of Luck||Cord||6 of 10|
|4||4||Japan → China||Hammer / Horn||Cord||2 of 9|
|5||5||China||Honor the Past / Embrace the Future||Jet||1 of 9|
|6||6||China → India||Hindu Art / Bengali Literature||Jet||2 of 8|
|7||7||India||Feed the Fire / Feed the Buffalo||Cord||5 of 7|
|8||8||India → Austria||Long Hard Walk / Quick and Easy Meal||Cord||5 of 6|
|9||9||Austria → Lichtenstein → Switzerland||Cheese / Wheeze||Jet||6 of 6⊃|
The Amazing Race: All-Stars
|Jet & Cord's Race History|
|1||1||United States → China||No Detour||Cord||1 of 11|
|2||2||China||Featherball / China Cup||Jet||6 of 10|
|3||3||China → Malaysia||River Delivery / Run Through the Jungle||Cord||2 of 9|
|4||4||Malaysia||Mix Master / Master Mix||Cord||1 of 8|
|5||5||Malaysia → Sri Lanka||Fishing Pole / Spin Control||Jet||3 of 8|
|6||6||Sri Lanka||Trunk / Sheets||Cord||2 of 7|
|7||7||Sri Lanka → Italy||Gladiator / Charioteer||Jet||4 of 7|
|8||8||Italy||Donkey Run / Donkey Build||Jet||2 of 6ϵ|||
|9||9||Italy → Switzerland||No Detour||Cord||2 of 5|
|10||10||Switzerland → Spain||Spanish Steps / Running with the Ballz||Jet||5 of 5⊃|
- At TARCon in spring 2010, Jet used a homophobic slur against fellow The Amazing Race 16 racer Jordan Pious.
- In 2014, someone stole $100,000 worth of cattle from Jet's ranch.
- On June 16, 2015, Jet announced that he was running for a seat in the Oklahoma Senate. However, he ultimately lost the election.
- Cord's daughter, Tulsa Rae McCoy, was born on September 5, 2018.
- Jet & Cord won a leg every time they visited China: The Amazing Race 16 (leg 10), The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business (leg 5), and The Amazing Race: All-Stars (leg 1).
- Jet & Cord were unpopular with fellow returnee teams on Unfinished Business.
- First team to perform a Speed Bump and come in 1st in the same leg (followed by Brooke & Robbie and Henry & Evan).
- Most legs won in a career by a team of brothers, 7 legs.
- Second team to be eliminated by the U-Turn twice in their career, (following Amanda & Kris).
- Highest average placing team of brothers, at 2.58.
- Cord's Website: http://www.cordmccoy.com/
- Cord's Wikipedia page: Cord McCoy
- Staff at Digital Spy (05/10/2010): "Jet and Cord ('The Amazing Race')"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide (05/11/2010): "Amazing Race's Jet and Cord: We're "Still Wondering" Why Dan and Jordan Cut in Line"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (05/12/2010): "The Amazing Race 16: Exclusive Interview with Jet and Cord McCoy"
- Staff at Reality TV World (05/13/2010): "Exclusive: Jet McCoy and Cord McCoy discuss 'The Amazing Race'"
- Henrik Batallones at BuddyTV (05/13/2010): "Exclusive Interview: Jet and Cord from 'The Amazing Race'"
- Staff at Reality TV World (04/25/2011): "Exclusive: Jet McCoy and Cord McCoy talk about 'The Amazing Race'"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide (04/25/2011): "Amazing Race's Jet and Cord: It Would've Been "Really Cool" If Someone Told Us the Answer"
- Carla Patton at BuddyTV (04/25/2010): "Jet of 'The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business' Responds to the Anti-Cowboy Coalition"
- Tom Wilmes at American Cowboy (06/11/2011): "AC Interview: Jet and Cord McCoy"
- CBS.com (05/05/2014): Elimination Interview: Jet and Cord
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide (05/05/2014): "Amazing Race's Jet and Cord: Navigation Was Our Downfall"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP.com (05/05/2014): "Amazing Race 2014: Exit Interview with 'The Cowboys', Jet & Cord – 5/05/14"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (05/2014): "Exclusive: Cord McCoy and Jet McCoy talk 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars" (Parts 1 & 2)
- Daniel Fienberg at Hitfix (05/11/2014): "Interview: Jet & Cord talk ‘Amazing Race: All-Stars’"
- Cord's Facebook: /cord.mccoy.3
- Cord's Instagram: /cordmccoy
- Jet's Twitter: @JetMcCoy
- Cord's Twitter: @CordMcCoy
|The Amazing Race 16 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2014) Teams|