Jim McCoy and Marsha McCoy are a team of Military Dad and Daughter on The Amazing Race 5.
The team immediately got off to a rough start when Jim tore his knee during the opening dash at the Starting Line, needing 25 stitches before he was allowed to continue the Race. On the third leg, however, they were mistakenly booked one ticket and one standby tickets on the early flight, but only one ticket on the later flight, meaning that, despite being one of the first in line, they failed to make either of the flights. They were unable to make up the time deficit once and finished in 9th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Jim & Marsha are a father-daughter Team from Jacksonville, Florida. Jim, who is married to Marsha's mother, Linda, is a helicopter pilot who spent 23 years in the military, including a tour in Vietnam. As a military family, they were fortunate to have had their primary residence in Jacksonville for many years, but they have also spent two years living in Germany. Marsha is a law student at the University of Florida College of Law. She said that as a child she was an ugly duckling, and still is, but thinks she transformed herself when she became an NFL cheerleader for the Jacksonville Jaguars and also posed for the cheerleaders' calendar. Jim & Marsha believe that this experience will give them the opportunity to work as partners rather than father and daughter. Marsha says she hopes this will force her dad to view her in a different light. Jim says they are excited about competing in THE AMAZING RACE 5 because "it would be a chance of a lifetime, especially for someone like me, who has never won a thing in his life!"
When and where did you meet?
The Amazing Race 5
|Jim & Marsha's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Uruguay||Zips / Chips||No Roadblock||10 of 11|
|2||2||Uruguay → Argentina||Perro / Tango||Marsha||3 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina||Smooth Sailing / Rough Riding||Jim||9 of 9|
- Jim & Marsha are the first father-daughter team and thus, the first co-ed parent/child team.
- They were featured in a CBS.com gallery celebrating 'Father's Day' in 2015.
- FansOfReality TV (07/21/2004): "Our Interview with Jim and Marsha"
- Syler Rene Syler on The Early Show (07/22/2004): "Race Ends For Military Team"
- Laura Kenney at Elites TV (07/22/2004): "Reality People Talk - JIm and Marsha of The Amazing Race"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (07/26/2004): "Amazing Race's Sports Injury"
- Nancy McAlister at The Florida Times-Union (07/27/2004): "Race was simply amazing"
- Phil Kural at RealityNewsOnline (07/30/2004): "Living The Daddy/Daughter Dream"
- John Crook at Zap2it (08/15/2004): "The Race is on"
- CBS.com (2004): "After the Race"
Social Media Profiles
- Marsha's Facebook: /marsha.mccoy.902
|The Amazing Race 5 Teams|