Joey "Fitness" Lasalla and Danny Horal are a team of Trainer & Club Promoter on The Amazing Race 20.
After a disastrous first two legs from which they barely escaped elimination, Joey & Danny emerged as threats in the race, being the only team who could regularly keep up with perennial frontrunners Art & JJ and Rachel & Dave. In the sixth leg, however, they found themselves in a showdown for the Fast Forward with Rachel & Dave, which they lost to the married couple. The resulting time loss doomed them to finish in 7th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: Whitestone, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Friends
Current occupation: Trainer/Supplement Company Owner
Describe what you do: I own a supplement company and I help people get into better shape and look/feel healthier.
How will these skills help you win The Race? I know how to pay attention to detail.
Three words to describe you: Motivated, determined and trustworthy.
Favorite hobbies: Going to the gym, tanning and clubbing.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Jean-Claude Van Damme
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? The Terminator - Arnold Schwarzenegger, when he has his sunglasses on.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Landing the cover of Men's Fitness Magazine in May 2005.
What scares you most about traveling? Nothing… bring it on!
What excites you most about traveling? Trying out new things like exotic foods and meeting new people.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We both usually want things done our way. In order to make it far we need to work on being a team and listening to each other's ideas.
Pet peeve about your teammate: He might party too much. All he talks about is clubs when we go to the shore to meet girls.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Brazil – because the women are all beautiful and the beaches look amazing. It's definitely my kind of place.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Being able to say "I did this!" I want to travel and compete all over the world and develop a closer bond with my good friend.
Hometown: Holbrook, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Friends
Current occupation: Nightclub Promoter
Describe what you do: I market and promote several nightclubs in New York and the Jersey Shore. I book the DJ, create the event and persuade people to come.
How will these skills help you win The Race? People look to me to find out where to go and party. I'll use my persuasion skills to get people going where I want.
Three words to describe you: Self-motivated, athletic and sexy.
Favorite hobbies: Going to the gym, clubbing, tanning and sports. I'm a big New York Yankee's fan and New York Ranger's fan.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Rocky Balboa
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? James Bond
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Winning a New York State Baseball Championship and playing Division 1 College Baseball at St. Francis College in Brooklyn, N.Y.
What scares you most about traveling? I'm not scared at all.
What excites you most about traveling? Meeting new people and trying new things.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sometimes when he makes up his mind it is what it is—even if I have a different opinion.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Once a day at the gym is enough. Joey goes 3 times a day.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Australia – because throughout high school and college I did reports on it. It always interested me.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? A better knowledge of the world and a closer bond with my friend.
The Amazing Race 20
|Joey & Danny's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Argentina||No Detour||Danny||10 of 11|
|2||2||Argentina||Boil My Water / Light My Fire||Joey||8 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina → Paraguay||Stacked Up / Strung Out||Joey||3 of 9|
|4||4||Paraguay → Italy||Clean That Statue / Name That Salami||Danny||3 of 8|
|5||5||Italy → Germany||Fairy Tale / Champion Male||Danny||2 of 8|
|6||6||Germany → Azerbaijan||Apples / Oil||Joey||7 of 7|
- Joey & Danny are the first team to be eliminated in Azerbaijan.
- Susan Gonzales at Yakkity Yaks (04/05/2012): "The Amazing Race: Post Interview with Joey and Danny!"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (04/05/2012): "We Just Wanted to Have a Good Time and Win"
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (03/26/2012): "Elimination Interview: Joey & Danny"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (03/28/2012): "Fast-Forward mistakes, 'Jersey Shore' stereotypes and more with the latest bootees"
- Catriona Wightman at Digital Spy (03/27/2012): "We got maybe a little greedy"
- Gina Scarpa at Reality Wanted (03/27/2012): "The Amazing Race 20: Exclusive Interview with Joey "Fitness" Lasalla and Danny Horal"
- Reg Seeton at The Deadbolt (03/27/2012): "The Amazing Race: Joey and Danny Talk Fast Forward and Jersey Shore Stereotypes"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (03/26/2012): "Exclusive: Joey Lasalla and Danny Horal talk The Amazing Race"
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (03/26/2012): "We Regret Taking the Fast Forward"
Social Media Profiles
- Joey's Instagram: /joeyfitness
- Danny's Instagram: /dannyhoral
- Joey's Twitter: @JOEYFITNESS
- Danny's Twitter: @DannyHsolution
- Danny's Instagram: /dannyhnyc
|The Amazing Race 20 Teams|