Despite being somewhat overshadowed by the bigger characters and storylines going on around them, they became favorites in their own right in The Amazing Race 3, finishing in 5th place after getting lost in Singapore.
Now having broken up, they raced for the second time around in All-Stars. Although they were on the first flight to get into Ecuador, a bad day of navigations on the way to the Detour caused them to fall to last place, becoming the first returning team to be eliminated.
Retrieved from CBS.com
John Vito, 28, a Government Bond Trader, and Jill, 24, a business consultant with Cap Gemini Ernest and Young, are both originally from Staten Island, New York. John Vito still lives there, but Jill currently resides in Manhattan. They met three years ago after a group of their friends spent many late summer nights hanging out and going to night clubs. They have been romantically involved for almost a year.
The tragic events of September 11 personally and deeply affected both John Vito and Jill. Her older brother F.T., who was also John Vito's best friend, was working on the 105th floor of the World Trade Center as a Vice President for Cantor Fitzgerald. Jill had applied for the show's first installment with her brother, and after her devastating loss she decided to reapply in tribute to his memory. "After losing him on 9/11, I felt I should apply for the show again, and this time, who should be a better runner up than his best friend?" Their motto is to live life to the fullest, and as John Vito says, "the opportunity of traveling the world with Jill is the greatest reward."
Jill describes herself as spontaneous, intelligent and sensitive, while John Vito describes himself as detail-oriented, decisive and organized. They both love physical activities and spending time with their family and friends. Jill is most looking forward to leaving behind the day-to-day routines of life, her cell phone and email. John Vito is excited to learn about different cultures and people.They feel that their combination of wits and brawn will help land them the coveted prize of $1 million. Her birth date is November 13. His birth date is August 3.
How would you describe your previous travel experience?
What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
What languages do you speak?
What destination are you hoping to visit?
What country do you feel best prepared for?
Season 3's John Vito and Jill are back for another chance at winning the million dollar prize. What's different this time around? These former lovebirds are no longer romantically involved. Changing the dynamic of their relationship allows them to focus all of their efforts on running the best Race possible. Both individuals are fierce competitors and know they have the skills and experience necessary to win.
John Vito, a trader in New York City, and Jill, a product controller, both originally from Staten Island, New York, currently reside in Manhattan. Jill describes herself as spontaneous, intelligent and sensitive, while John Vito describes himself as detail-oriented, decisive and organized. They both love physical activities and spending time with their family and friends.
Both John Vito and Jill share the tragic memory from the loss of Jill's older brother F.T., who was also John Vito's best friend. F.T. was working on the 105th floor of the World Trade Center as a Vice President for Cantor Fitzgerald on September 11, 2001. Jill had originally applied for the show's first installment with her brother, and after her devastating loss she decided to reapply in tribute to his memory and ran the Race in Season 3 with his best friend John Vito.This time around they mean business and are back to prove that that they can Race with the best of them. Both are driven, competitive and motivated. They feel that this combination along with their wits and brawn will help land them the coveted prize of $1 million.
The Amazing Race 3
|John Vito & Jill's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Mexico||Wings / Wheels||No Roadblock||5 of 12|
|2||2||Mexico||Man Power / Horse Power||John Vito||7 of 11|
|3||3||Mexico → United Kingdom||Punt / Bike||Jill||7 of 10|
|4||4||United Kingdom → Portugal||Old School / New School||John Vito||6 of 9|
|5||5||Portugal → Spain → Morocco||Ropes / Slopes||John Vito||4 of 8|
|6||6||Morocco||Now You See It / Now You Don't||Jill||5 of 7|
|7||7||Morocco → Germany → Austria → Germany||Sled / Skate||Jill||3 of 6|
|8||8||Germany → Switzerland||Count the Money / Run the Numbers||John Vito||5 of 5|
|9||9||Switzerland||Used Fast Forward||1 of 5►|
|10||Switzerland → Malaysia → Singapore||Dry / Wet||John Vito||5 of 5|
The Amazing Race: All-Stars
|John Vito & Jill's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||11 of 11|
- In post-game interviews after The Amazing Race: All-Stars, John Vito and Jill stated they had broken up a couple of years prior to returning.
- They never started dating again after All-Stars, but remain friends.
- Jill is now married to David Walton. The couple now have two children.
- John Vito & Jill are the first team to be eliminated in Singapore and the first team to be eliminated in Ecuador.
- First team of exes to compete on a returning racers season.
- First team eliminated on a returning-racers season.
- First team to be eliminated twice in their career.
- Donna Petrozzello at New York Daily News (09/09/2002): "Path to reality show 'Amazing' & tragic"
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (12/05/2002): "Jill And John Vito Lost And Out"
- FansOfRealityTV (12/05/2002): "Our Interview with John Vito & Jill"
- CBS.com (2002): "After the Race"
- Phil Kural at RealityNewsOnline (01/09/2003): "The Amazing 3: Interview with John Vito & Jill"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (02/20/2007): "INTERVIEW: John Vito and Jill talk about their Amazing adventure"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (02/20/2007): "Exclusive Interview: John Vito & Jill, First Team Eliminated on The Amazing Race All-Stars"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (02/21/2007): "Amazing Race: All-Stars Interview: John Vito and Jill"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff on RealityNewsOnline (02/21/2007): "We Gave It Our All"
Social Media Profiles
- John Vito's Facebook: /johnvito
- John Vito's Twitter: @johnvito_p
- Jill's Facebook: /jillyabug
- Jill's Twitter: @WallysGirl13
|The Amazing Race 3 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|