Jon Montgomery's life has been a whirlwind since his Olympic win in skeleton, his big-time podium moment to get the gold medal, and his now-famous victory walk through Whistler Village. But he's about more than just the frosty, golden beer that gave him instant folk-hero status with so many Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
From an appearance on Oprah, to the overwhelming homecoming in Russell, Manitoba, and from appearing in his own adventure travel television show and a presentation at the Juno Awards, Jon has been sharing his Olympic success with as many Canadians as possible.
Jon got his start in skeleton racing in March 2002, after witnessing a skeleton race at Calgary's Canada Olympic Park while on a self-guided tour with his parents. One week later, Jon experienced the exciting sport first hand at a Discover Skeleton School.
Over the next few years, Jon steadily climbed the rankings while sailing head-first down frozen tracks all over the world. First competing on the America's Cup and Europa Cup circuits, Jon has competed on the World Cup Tour and Senior National Team since 2006.
- Nick Patch at Toronto Star (06/06/2013): "Jon Montgomery, Olympic gold medallist, hosts The Amazing Race Canada"
- Gordon L Gale & Wayne Arthurson at TARCA with Gord and Wayne (07/07/2014): "Talking with Jon Montgomery"
- Jessica Liese on Rob Has A Podcast (10/20/2015): "Siting Down with Jon Montgomery"
- AM 1150 (06/30/2017): "Jon Montgomery talks about The Amazing Race Canada"
Social Media Profiles
- Jon Montgomery's Twitter: @jonmonty
- Jon Montgomery's Website: missionmontgomery2.com
|The Amazing Race Host Index|
Phan Anh • Jaime Arellano • Grant Bowler • Rony Curvelo • Alexandre Delpérier • Freddy dos Santos • Phil Keoghan • Huy Khánh • Raz Meriman • Jon Montgomery • Toya Montoya • Dustin Nguyen • Derek Ramsay • Ron Shahar • Alexander Sidorenko • Harris Whitbeck • Allan Wu • Paulo Zulu