Joseph Meadows and Monica Jean Cayce are a Dating team on The Amazing Race 9.
A young, physically-fit couple, Joseph & Monica regularly raced at the front of the pack, but never quite achieved a first place finish. They constantly bickered between themselves, but were united in their contempt for BJ & Tyler, whom they refused to give money to after the team of Best Friends finished last in a Non-Elimination Leg. This caused them to be targeted by their rivals and Yielded at the final four. However, Joseph & Monica made a critical mistake in Thailand when they failed to check for the first bus out, resulting in them falling behind in a very tight race with Eric & Jeremy and Ray & Yolanda. They further struggled at the Detour, allowing the other two teams to narrowly surge ahead of them and eliminating Joseph & Monica in 4th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Joseph & Monica have been dating for the past three years. This fun-loving couple met at a local bar in Fayetteville, Arkansas during college when Joseph claims he "just about broke his neck when Monica walked through the door." After a brief separation for a few months, they missed each other tremendously and decided to give their relationship a second try. They've been together ever since.
Joseph describes himself as confident and funny, while Monica is independent and tenacious. Born and raised in the South, the couple shares a love of country music, wakeboarding and traveling. Joseph's proudest accomplishment has been building and selling his first home.
Although Monica's primary motivation for taking part on THE AMAZING RACE is to pay off her student loans, both she and Joseph are eager to take part in an experience that will bond them for life.
The Amazing Race 9
|Joseph & Monica's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Motor Head / Rotor Head||No Roadblock||6 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Press It / Climb It||Joseph||3 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Russia → Germany||Scrub / Scour||Monica||8 of 9|||
|4||Break It / Slap It||Joseph||6 of 9|
|5||4||Germany → Italy||Foundry / Laundry||Monica||3 of 8|
|6||5||Italy||Big Fish / Little Fish||Joseph||3 of 7|
|7||6||Italy → Greece||Herculean Effort / It's All Greek to Me||Monica||2 of 6|
|8||7||Greece → Oman||Camel / Watchtower||Monica||2 of 5|
|9||8||Oman → Australia||Sand / Sea||Joseph||2 of 5|
|10||9||Australia||Dry / Wet||Monica||3 of 4<|
|11||10||Australia → Thailand||Move It / Altar It||Joseph||4 of 4|
- Joseph and Monica continued to live in Arkansas.
- They would get married on July 28, 2007, but got divorced in 2013.
- Monica has since married NFL player Brett Goode on November 1, 2014.
- She gave birth to their first child, a son named Jackson, on July 8, 2015.
- Rene Syler on The Early Show (05/11/2006): "MoJo No More, On Race"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide Online (05/17/2006): "Amazing Race Loses Its MoJo"
- Jenn Basler at RealityNewsOnline (05/12/2006): "We Get Mad at Each Other But Always Have Respect for Each Other"
- TARflies (06/30/2006): "MoJo Rising"
Social Media Profiles
- Monica's Facebook: /MonicaJeanGoode
- Monica's Instagram: /monicagoode61
- Monica's Twitter: @monicagoode61
|The Amazing Race 9 Teams|