Justin Scheman and Diana Bishop are an Engaged team on The Amazing Race 27.
Coming into the race as superfans, Justin & Diana used their extensive knowledge of the race to their advantage, dominating with seven wins, including five in a row, on their way to the final three. However, their dominance, along with Justin's sometimes abrasive attitude, also made them the biggest threats in the eyes of their competitors. This included a U-Turn plot being hatched against them, which Justin & Diana managed to foil with their strong performances and racing acumen. Seen as perennial frontrunners by the other teams, Justin & Diana made surprising errors in the last two legs, the first of which resulted in them barely escaping elimination. In the final leg, they made the fatal error of releasing their taxi, resulting in them wasting time finding a new one and dropping them to last. Although they managed to get within striking distance of Kelsey & Joey with their preparation for the final leg's memory tasks, the time they lost searching for a new taxi proved to be their undoing, leaving them to finish behind the reporters in 2nd place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Hometown: Bronx, N.Y.
Connection to your teammate: Fiancé
Current occupation: Morning radio personality
Describe what you do: I help people start their day with a smile. Also, I create and deliver four hours of content on the radio & online each morning and record and edit audio/video for web content.
3 words to describe you: Passionate, loyal and straight-forward.
Favorite hobbies: Photography/videography, video games, travel and learning new skills/talents.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Besides proposing to Diana with her own Amazing Race (the video went viral), I'm proud of all of the lives I have been able to change through my job.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Bruce Willis - a really down to earth guy who tells it like it is, a tough guy with a soft heart.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Eliza Dushku- can hang out with the guys, has an amazing heart and infectious smile.
What scares you most about traveling? The lack of a second language and knowledge of some customs.
What excites you most about traveling? The different cultures, seeing the beauty of mother nature, sense of accomplishment, growing as a person and seeing the world through Diana's eyes.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Diana likes to finish my thoughts for me and then have a retort ready for points I was never trying to make. We both need to listen and hear what the other is actually trying to say.
Pet peeve about your teammate: She doesn't answer direct questions with direct answers.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Bora Bora; it looks like paradise. Alaska; one of the last frontiers. The UK; to visit the castles and history.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Travel the world, experience different cultures with the most beautiful person in the world. I want to add an unbelievable chapter to our "book of life" which is one step closer to happily ever after. I want to show her how strong and smart she really is. I love watching her grow as a person.
Follow on Twitter and Instagram: @ JustinClassic1
Hometown: Sharon Hill, Pa.
Connection to your teammate: Fiancée
Current occupation: 6th grade teacher
Describe what you do: I create lessons that teach reading skills to 6th graders, and then use those lessons to teach students how to read and understand various types of writing.
3 words to describe you: Go-getter, sensitive and passionate.
Favorite hobbies: Arts and crafts, reading and exploring new places.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I am most proud of my teaching career. I have wanted to teach since I was 5 years old. Teaching for me is not just "what I do"...it's part of who I am. Watching my students learn and develop throughout the school year is extremely rewarding!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Zooey Deschanel. She isn't afraid to be herself, she's super goofy and can hang out with anyone.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Vin Diesel. He has a tough exterior, but a soft heart.
What scares you most about traveling? The unknown! Unfamiliar places, language barriers, different customs and laws can be very scary and intimidating.
What excites you most about traveling? The unknown! It's exciting to explore new sights, meet new people, experience new cultures and see the beauty of new places.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Sometimes the "New Yorker" in Justin comes out. I shut down and do not want to talk to him!
Pet peeve about your teammate: Justin always needs to be right.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I would most like to visit Italy and the UK because my grandparents are from there. I am interested to see where my family roots started and where my grandparents grew up.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I would love to travel around the world and experience the different cultures that I read and learn about. I hope to come home with a deeper appreciation of the diversity in the world.
Follow on Twitter and Instagram: @LadyClassicOne
The Amazing Race 27
|Justin & Diana's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Sand / Sidewalk||No Roadblock||9 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil → Argentina||Cartoneros / Fleteros||Diana||1 of 10|
|3||3||Argentina||Horse / Carriage||Justin||2 of 9|
|4||4||Argentina → Zambia → Zimbabwe||Co-Op / Croquet||Diana||1 of 8|
|5||5||Zimbabwe||Crocs / Canoes||Justin||2 of 8|
|6||6||Zimbabwe → France||Drops Mic / Bust a Crab||Diana||1 of 7|||
|7||7||France → Netherlands||Ship / Skip||Diana||1 of 7|
|8||8||Netherlands → Poland||Mine / Music||Justin||1 of 6|
|9||9||Poland → India||Cans / Candy||Diana||1 of 6|
|10||10||India||Bring the Groom / Bring the Fun||Justin||1 of 5⊂|
|11||11||India → Hong Kong → Macau||Sam's / Cells||Diana||3 of 4|||
|12||12||Macau → United States||No Detour||Justin||2 of 3|
- Justin & Diana got married on October 28, 2016 in Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic.
- Justin & Diana made a cameo appearance at the Starting Line in 30.
- Justin & Diana announced on social media that they were expecting their first child on June 25, 2018, which explains why they could not participate in 31. Diana gave birth to the couple's first child, a son named Charles Bernard Scheman on December 19, 2018.
- Justin & Diana announced on social media they had their second child Henry Michael Scheman on January 28, 2021. 
- Justin is known for orchestrating a fake Amazing Race, complete with crew members and spanning 5,000 miles, to propose to Diana under the northern lights in Iceland.
- Diana is of Italian descent.
- Justin & Diana hold the record for the most consecutive legs won by a co-ed team, with five straight leg wins.
- Second team (in the American version) to go to the Fast Forward, but could not attempt the task due to unsafe weather conditions, following Jason & Amy.
- Most consecutive legs won, with five straight leg wins.
- Justin & Diana are the only team to win at least seven legs and not win the race.
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (12/14/2015): "Exclusive - The Amazing Race's runner-up team Justin Scheman and Diana Bishop talk" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (12/14/2016): "Amazing Race 2015: Exit Interview with Runner-Ups of Season 27"
- The Amazing Race Fans (Facebook Group) (12/15/2016): "TAR 27 Q&A"
- Michael Harmstone & Logan Saunders at RTV Warriors (10/15/2018): "Double Sourcin"
Social Media Profiles
- Justin & Diana's Facebook: /JustinClassic1
- Justin's Facebook: /MorningTool
- Justin's Instagram: /JustinClassic1
- Justin's Twitter: @JustinClassic1
- Diana's Facebook: /ladieclassic
- Diana's Instagram: /ladyclassicone
- Diana's Twitter: @ladyclassicone
- Justin & Diana's YouTube Channel: /Justice965
- Justin & Diana's YouTube Channel: /UCO-xeOc9UvuGWLZPe8dd4yg
|The Amazing Race 27 Teams|