Kate Lewis and Pat Hendrickson are a team of Married Ministers on The Amazing Race 12.
In the second leg, they got on the last flight to Amsterdam, after which concentration issues plagued them while trying to find their bicycles at the Detour, dropping them behind and putting them out in 10th.
Kate and Pat dated for seven years before having a blessing of their union at St. Augustine's Episcopal Church three years ago. These well traveled Episcopal clergy are ready for the adventure of lifetime–but don't let the collars fool you–they can play dirty too.
Kate is an Episcopal priest and has one grown son. She claims that the biggest difference between herself and Pat is that she avoids conflict while Pat dives right in. Kate describes herself as passionate and sarcastic while Pat says she is persistent and dependable.
Pat is a vocational deacon in the Episcopal Church and her ministry in the community is to people with disabilities. She is also the mother of two sons and grandmother of three. Pat's biggest pet peeve about Kate is that she constantly misjudges her time, an issue that could surely cause problems on the Race.
Both are out to prove that they are not afraid to compete with anyone and they are extremely confident that their years of experience will help them combat the physical prowess of the younger Teams.
The Amazing Race 12
|Kate & Pat's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Ireland||No Detour||Kate||8 of 11|
|2||2||Ireland → The Netherlands||Hoist It / Hunt It||Kate||10 of 10|
- They married on November 5, 2008.
- Kate & Pat are the first lesbian team to participate in the Race.
- Oldest lesbian team with an age average of 57.
- Kate & Pat have the same exact leg finishes for the legs they competed in as Meredith & Maria, Dave & Cherie, and Idries & Jamil, with teams finishing 8th on their first and finishing 10th tenth on their second leg.
- Amazing Race's Kate and Pat call themselves "partnered clergy," not "married ministers"
- IGN Elimination Interview
- Reality TV World Elimination Interview
- TVGuide Elimination Interview
|The Amazing Race 12 Teams|