Kelly Crabb and Christy Cook are a team of Divorcees on The Amazing Race 13.
The two friends often struggled with reading clues, dropping to the back of the pack several times due to their repeated inability to read their clues properly. They also developed a rivalry with Nick & Starr stemming from an incident at the second Pit Stop where they accused Starr of pushing Christy's sports bra off a ledge. In the seventh leg in India, their inability to read clues once again slowed them down, as they misunderstood the directions for the Roadblock, costing them several positions. They then misunderstood the Detour putting them in a race to avoid elimination. They rejected an offer to work together from Andrew & Dan and were left behind when the Fraternity Brothers received help from Ken & Tina, allowing them to pass Kelly & Christy and eliminating the divorcees in 6th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Kelly and Christy are best friends that will not settle for second best. These two go-getters have been through a lot in the last year and want to prove that they can overcome anything.
Kelly, having been a collegiate dancer, and Christy, a collegiate cheerleader, are physically fit and are up for the challenges the Race will bring. They have supported one another through their own marriages and the dissolution of both, have worked together at the same company, have both remodeled homes and have tackled life together for the last 10 years.
Kelly works as a sales representative for a pharmaceutical company. She describes their team as quick, resourceful and resilient. She admits that she has a tendency to become impatient, and that Christy can be temperamental, but realizes they will need to focus on controlling these traits if they are going to be successful on the road.
Christy, a business development representative for a title insurance company, is determined to be the first Amazing Race all-female team to take the $1 million prize. She believes she and Kelly can accomplish anything they set their minds to. Christy also believes that their sweet, Texas charm will prove to be a very resourceful asset throughout the Race. Christy describes their team as magnetic, energetic and kind-hearted.
Neither has traveled extensively outside of the U.S., but both are eager to change that. This team's drive, experience and competitiveness may provide them with the opportunity to see all the world has to offer.
The Amazing Race 13
|Kelly & Christy's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Hard Way Up / Soft Way Down||No Roadblock||5 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Beach It / Docket||Christy||7 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Bolivia||Musical March / Bumpy Ride||Kelly||8 of 9|
|4||4||Bolivia → New Zealand||Matter of Time / Matter of Skill||Christy||3 of 8|
|5||5||New Zealand → Cambodia||Village Life / Village Work||Christy||5 of 7|
|6||6||Cambodia → India||Launder Money / Launder Clothes||Kelly||2 of 6|
|7||7||India||Bleary Eyed / Teary Eyed||Kelly||6 of 6|
- Kelly & Christy founded The Amazing Grace Foundation after their season.
- Kelly got married to Charlie Gerszewski on September 27, 2013 and the couple has two children.
- Christy also married and had a child with her husband.
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (11/10/2008): "Exclusive: Kelly Crabb and Christy Cook talk about The Amazing Race"
- Nicholas White at People.com (11/11/2008): "Amazing Racers Kelly & Christy 'Crushed' by Loss, Ready for All Stars"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (11/12/2008): "Every Single Team Was Intimidated By Us"
- Mark at Reality Wanted (11/12/2008): "Interview with Christy and Kelly of The Amazing Race 13"
Social Media Profiles
- Kelly's Facebook: /kellygerszewski
- Kelly's Twitter: @kellycrabb
- Kelly's YouTube Channel: /UCVnpxWcgq1b94LM33hyr23A
- Kelly's Website: https://kellygerszewski.com/
- Christy's Facebook: /christy.cook.12
|The Amazing Race 13 Teams|