Kelly Parks and Jonanthan "Jon" Corso are an Engaged team on The Amazing Race 4.
The engaged couple often found themselves bickering with each other, but bonded over a dislike for many of the other teams, particularly Millie & Chuck. Late in the season, they developed a friendly rivalry with Reichen & Chip, which would come to a head in the final leg. They ultimately came in second when they did not thoroughly research their next destination in Phoenix, unlike Reichen & Chip, giving the latter just enough of a lead to win.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Kelly, 30, has been modeling for the past 10 years and is an aspiring children's book writer. She met her fiancé in a "dive bar" in South Beach, Miami. Kelly admits to being high-strung and obsessive, "athletic, bossy and silly." She enjoys scuba diving, running and traveling, and attended two years of junior college. Kelly and Jon recently had a "bad breakup on their three-year anniversary" over getting married, but since then, they've gotten engaged. Nothing's off-limits in conversation. Kelly believes that she "could fit in at the presidential banquet or at a frat party," though Barbara Bush once told her at a VIP Texan party to "stay away from George." She gets motion sickness and fears spiders, bees, heights and sharks.
Originally from New Jersey, Jon, 28, is a real estate agent and has worked as a model and bartender in the past. He's an "all-around good athlete" and graduate of Rutgers University, which he attended on a Lacrosse scholarship. He enjoys skiing and boating and considers himself to be "spontaneous, competitive and funny." Jon claims to have no fears and he often blows off steam by playing football on the beach. He spent some time in Thailand with his teammate and has traveled to Italy, France, Holland, the UK and Portugal. He speaks no foreign languages. Jon describes Kelly as "very sympathetic for others," but admits that one of his pet peeves about himself is that he is extremely critical of other people.
How would you describe your previous travel experience?
What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
What languages do you speak?
What destination are you hoping to visit?
What country do you feel best prepared for?
The Amazing Race 4
|Kelly & Jon's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Italy||Search / Rescue||No Roadblock||6 of 12|
|2||2||Italy||Waterway / Pathway||Jon||3 of 11|
|3||3||Italy → Austria||Mozart / Beethoven||Jon||8 of 10|
|4||4||Austria → France||Ropes / Slopes||Kelly||7 of 9|
|5||5||France → The Netherlands||500 Kilograms / 15 Feet||Jon||3 of 8|
|6||6||The Netherlands → India||Suds / Duds||Jon||3 of 7|
|7||7||India||Baskets / Trunks||Jon||3 of 6|
|8||8||India → Malaysia||Net / Trap||Kelly||5 of 5|
|9||9||Malaysia||Chop / Haul||Jon||4 of 5|
|10||10||Malaysia → South Korea||Strong Hands / Strong Stomach||Jon||1 of 4|
|11||11||South Korea → Australia||Face First / Feet First||Jon||2 of 4|
|12||12||Australia||Saddle / Paddle||Jon||3 of 3|
|13||13||Australia → United States||Wing It / Wander It||Jon||2 of 3|
- After the race, Kelly & Jon got married and are now the parents of two boys.
- Phil Keoghan listed Jon going naked at the Roadblock in the final leg as one of his favorite moments of the first 30 seasons.
- Kelly & Jon are the first team to reach the final three without the use of the Fast Forward.
- They are the only team before Season 5 to accomplish this feat.
- Phil Kural at RealityNewsOnline (09/03/2003): "The Amazing Race 4: An Interview with Jon & Kelly"
Social Media Profiles
- Jon's Website: https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/fl/miami-beach/agent/jonathan-jon-corso/aid_9303/
- Kelly's Facebook: /kelly.p.corso
- Jon's Facebook: /jon.corso1
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20030529033257/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race4/teams/kelly/bio.shtml
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20030623145101/http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race4/teams/kelly/qa.shtml
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10157820701486838&set=a.441468216837
- ↑ https://www.cbs.com/shows/watch_magazine/photos/1008739/phil-keoghan-shares-his-favorite-amazing-race-moments/
|The Amazing Race 4 Teams|