The two came into the race looking to reconcile their marriage after Ken had cheated on Tina. They formed a race-long alliance with Nick & Starr on the first leg, with the two teams agreeing to share information and work together, allowing the alliance win every leg of the race, except for one. However, Ken & Tina's relationship problems continued to haunt them throughout the race, with Ken being frustrated by Tina's constant nagging, and Tina being annoyed whenever Ken would not listen to her. Despite their problems, they made it to the final leg, where they frequently traded the lead with Nick & Starr, only for their former allies to build a small lead that Ken & Tina could not make up, resulting in them finishing in 2nd place. At the Finish Line, Ken asked Tina to give their marriage a second chance, presenting her their wedding rings, which she gladly accepted.
Retrieved from CBS.com
This married couple is looking to be reconnected on the Race. They've been separated for nine months and living on different coasts and are ready to put their marriage back together.
Ken, an ex-NFL star who played for both the St. Louis Cardinals and the San Diego Chargers, was also a college football assistant coach and is currently a home builder. He is competitive, athletic and believes his problem solving skills will help them win the Race. He thinks Tina is too controlling and should relax a bit more, but anticipates the Race will help them learn to appreciate their differences. His poor choices and infidelity tore their marriage apart and he prays that the Race will help Tina to trust him again.
Tina is a business owner and a CEO. She enjoys meeting new people and experiencing new cultures and believes that everyone has an endearing unique quality about them. She is the brains while Ken is the brawn. She has worked as a Director of Strategic Planning and has launched two successful companies. Tina is also Chairman of the Board of The Children's Cancer Center in Tampa. Tina is driven, athletic and competitive. Both Tina & Ken are Christians and have refocused their lives on building their faithfulness.
Despite their differences, they are still in love and eager to fix their marriage. Both are well traveled and adventurous.
The Amazing Race 13
|Ken & Tina's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Hard Way Up / Soft Way Down||No Roadblock||2 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Beach It / Docket||Tina||1 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Bolivia||Musical March / Bumpy Ride||Ken||1 of 9|
|4||4||Bolivia → New Zealand||Used Fast Forward||1 of 8►|
|5||5||New Zealand → Cambodia||Village Life / Village Work||Tina||4 of 7|
|6||6||Cambodia → India||Launder Money / Launder Clothes||Ken||6 of 6|
|7||7||India||Bleary Eyed / Teary Eyed||Ken||4 of 6|
|8||8||India → Kazakhstan||Play Like Mad / Act Like Fools||Tina||3 of 5|
|9||9||Kazakhstan → Russia||Boots / Borscht||Ken||2 of 4|
|10||10||Russia||Ride the Rails / Ride the Lines||Tina||3 of 4|||
|11||11||Russia → United States||High and Dry / Low and Wet||No Roadblock||2 of 3|
- After coming in 2nd place at the Finish Line, Ken asked Tina for a second chance to get back together, and she accepted it. The couple then put their rings back on.
- As of 2015, the couple are still together and raising their children in Tampa, Florida.
- Ken & Tina opened a treatment facility for recovering athletes after competing the race.
- Ken & Tina are tied with Teri & Ian for oldest age average of any team to reach the final leg, being collectively 49.5 while racing.
- Tied with Teri & Ian for oldest team to finish the race in 2nd Place, being collectively 49.5 while racing.
- Ken's Wikipedia page: Ken Greene
- Jim Moore at Seattle Pi (09/03/2008): "Greene coy about rebound in 'Race'"
- Tampa Bay Times (12/07/2008): "Tampa's Ken and Tina Greene don't win The Amazing Race, but land a better prize"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (12/09/2008): "Ken and Tina, from The Amazing Race 13"
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (12/09/2008): "Exclusive: Ken and Tina Greene talk about The Amazing Race 13"
- Brian Gianelli at Xfinity.com (12/09/2008): "The Only Couple Who Actually Repaired Their Relationship In Amazing Race History"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (12/09/2008): "At the End of the Race, We Knew We Wanted to Spend the Rest of Our Lives Together"
Social Media Profiles
- Ken & Tina's Website: http://www.kennyandtinagreene.com/
- Tina's Facebook: /TinaHunterGreene
- Ken & Tina's Instagram: /thgbpm
|The Amazing Race 13 Teams|