Friends from New York, they would prove to be deceptively good racers, winning three legs on their way to finishing 4th in The Amazing Race 1. Although far ahead of last place team Joe & Bill in leg 10, failing to meet an hours of operation dropped them behind the leading teams and within striking distance of Joe & Bill. They were officially eliminated in leg 11 after their cab driver took them to the wrong entrance of Tiantan Park, causing them to fall behind Joe & Bill.
They would later return for All-Stars, where it quickly became apparent that Drew was ill-fit to run the race due to his various ailments and injuries with the duo narrowly surviving the first leg. Though they left the Detour in the second leg ahead of several other teams, they failed to notice that the speed limit on the way to the Pit Stop had raised from 40 km/h to 50 km/h, and they were repeatedly passed by their competitors, resulting in them being eliminated in 10th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
"Like an old married couple: brief waves of calm in a sea of bickering, flooded with wiseass remarks and laughter."
Kevin and Drew met in 1984, when they became fraternity brothers in New York. When they heard about THE AMAZING RACE, they knew that it was "an unbelievable opportunity for two guys who had never been anywhere where you need a passport." They make a strong Team because they're both very competitive, and both feel that "it would sure be nice to win a million dollars!"
I'd most like to receive a letter from: Dan Marino
I'd most like to receive a letter from: Rosemary
The fraternity brothers from Season 1 are all grown up and married. Kevin & Drew met in a fraternity while attending St. Johns University and immediately hit it off. This high-spirited friendship paved the way for one of the most popular teams in the series' 10 seasons.
After falling short of the million dollars during Season 1, the fraternity brothers took their lovable banter to Discovery Channel's "Kevin and Drew Unleashed."
Kevin describes himself as loyal, analytical and outgoing, and has been performing stand-up comedy in New York City for the last three years. Drew describes himself as charismatic and honest. Both are admittedly hard-headed and stubborn which provides a constant stream of bickering between these two.Although Kevin and Drew are still close, they don't see each other as much as they would like to due to work and family responsibilities. Both are looking forward to traveling the world together again and bringing home the $1 million.
The Amazing Race 1
|Kevin & Drew's Race History|
|1||1||United States → South Africa → Zambia||Air / Land||Drew||9 of 11|||
|2||2||Zambia → France||Far / Near||Kevin||5 of 10|
|3||3||France||Used Fast Forward||1 of 9►|
|4||4||France → Tunisia||Full Body Brew / Full Body Massage||Drew||2 of 8|
|5||5||Tunisia||Listening / Puzzling||Kevin||1 of 7|
|6||6||Tunisia → Italy||Foot / Hoof||Drew||4 of 6|
|7||7||Italy → India||Glide / Ride||Kevin||4 of 6|
|8||8||India||Elephant / Row Boat||Kevin||1 of 5|
|9||9||India → Thailand||Public / Private||Drew||3 of 5|
|10||10||Thailand||Hike / Climb||Kevin||3 of 4|
|11||11||Thailand → China||Volley / Rally||Drew||4 of 4|
The Amazing Race: All-Stars
|Kevin & Drew's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Ecuador||Wrangle It / Recover It||No Roadblock||10 of 11|
|2||2||Ecuador → Chile||By Hand / By Machine||Kevin||10 of 10|
- Kevin and Drew made a cameo in the first leg of The Amazing Race: Family Edition where they dressed as hotdog vendors and handed clues to the teams.
- A few years after their first appearance on the race, Kevin and Drew starred on a Discovery Channel show called Kevin and Drew Unleashed. It was cancelled after three episodes.
- Kevin and Drew are the first team to win multiple legs in a single season.
- First team to be eliminated in China.
- First all-male team to be eliminated from the race.
- First team to appear in some form on three seasons (including their cameo on The Amazing Race: Family Edition).
- First all-male team to be eliminated twice and the first all-team to be eliminated on a season of Returning Racers.
- Kevin & Drew's Website: http://www.kevinanddrew.com
- Susan L. Harper at New York Lawyer (09/05/2001): "Court Officer & Consultant Race for $1M"
- Jane Clayson on The Early Show (11/29/2001): "Sadly Time Was Up For The Show's Abbott & Costello"
- TV Guide Online (12/05/2001): "Chatting with Kevin & Drew"
- TARflies (04/20/2003): "Q&A with Kevin"
- Tatiana Morales on Early Show (07/02/2004): "Kevin and Drew Unleashed"
- TARflies (05/08/2005): "A Friendly and Affable Fellow (Drew)"
- David W. Taylor at Reality Reel Media (10/12/2005): "Peek-A-Boo, Kevin & Drew II. The Interview"
- Hannah Storm on Early Show (02/25/2007): "Road Ends for Racing Brothers"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (02/26/2007): "Exclusive Interview: Kevin & Drew, 2nd Team Eliminated on The Amazing Race: All-Stars"
- Christopher Rocchio at Reality TV World (02/26/2007): "Kevin and Drew talk about their All-Stars experience"
- Eric Goldman at IGN (02/28/2007): "All-Stars Interview: Kevin & Drew"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff on RealityNewsOnline (02/28/2007): "Don't Ever Go To Ecuador… At Least Don't Go High Up!"
- TARflies (04/06/2007): "The Second Time Around"
Social Media Profiles
|The Amazing Race 1 Teams|
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007) Teams|