Terry Lake Garner and Michelle Garner are a team of Married Parents on The Amazing Race 9.
Lake was known for his loud, aggressive, often abusive behavior, which was mostly directed at Michelle. He would eventually break down when they got lost looking for the Pit Stop in Greece, dropping them behind BJ & Tyler, and landing them 6th.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Lake & Michelle are a close-knit married couple from Hattiesburg, Mississippi. They met as freshmen in college and have been married for 13 years.
Lake is a dentist who has limited traveling experience outside of the United States. While he describes himself as energetic and motivated, Michelle notes that he's your typical Type A personality, very impatient and always looking for ways to do it better.
Michelle is a stay-at-home mother of three who works part-time in Lake's office. She claims that she's much more laid back than her husband and hopes this won't cause friction between the two while taking part on THE AMAZING RACE. Michelle sees herself as being loyal, kind and loving and is running the Race to prove to herself and Lake that she's capable of accomplishing things.
While Lake & Michelle are both aware of their personality differences, they feel they work well together and hope their differences will actually help them as they travel the world on the Race.
The Amazing Race 9
|Lake & Michelle's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Motor Head / Rotor Head||No Roadblock||5 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Press It / Climb It||Lake||7 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Russia → Germany||Scrub / Scour||Lake||2 of 9|||
|4||Break It / Slap It||Lake||3 of 9|
|5||4||Germany → Italy||Foundry / Laundry||Lake||5 of 8>|
|6||5||Italy||Big Fish / Little Fish||Michelle||5 of 7|
|7||6||Italy → Greece||Herculean Effort / It's All Greek to Me||Michelle||6 of 6|
- During the airing of the season, Lake apologized to Michelle profusely regarding his behavior on the race.
- They are still married.
- In September 2019, the couple's tv show, "The Tooth Hurts", debuted which chronicles their personal and professional lives. 
- Harry Smith on The Early Show (04/13/2006): "Race: Farewell To Lake and Michelle"
- Jenn Basler at RealityNewsOnline (04/14/2006): "You Can't Believe Everything That You See"
- Rochell D. Thomas at TV Guide Online (04/19/2006): "Are Race's Castoffs Fighting Mad?"
Social Media Profiles
- Michelle's Facebook: /michellewilkersongarner
|The Amazing Race 9 Teams|