Lena Jensen and Kristy Jensen are a team of Sisters on The Amazing Race 6.
Expectations were high after the first two legs for the sisters, then they hit the Hay Bale Roadblock. They fell prey to one of the most brutal Roadblocks in The Amazing Race history, finishing 9th. They remain one of the more memorable teams from their season, despite lasting only three legs.
Lena & Kristy are sisters who grew up in Utah. In the Fall, Kristy will be starting her last year of college at University of Utah. She is the single mother of an eight-year-old daughter, Madison. She recently took a few months off from school to move to Denmark with her daughter.
Lena is a student and former striptease aerobics instructor. She also put college on hold so she could travel abroad, but is planning to return to school after the Race. She describes herself as outgoing, happy and competitive.
Most of the time the sisters get along very well; however, they agree that getting into a fist fight a few years back was a low point in their relationship. One of the most special times they had as sisters was living together in Las Vegas.
Being a young single mother, Kristy's motivation for being on THE AMAZING RACE is to enjoy this experience to the fullest and do all the things she has never been able to do, while Lena wants to win the $1 million.
The Amazing Race 6
|Lena & Kristy's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Iceland||Ice Climb / Ice Search||No Roadblock||3 of 11|
|2||2||Iceland → Norway||Endurance / Accuracy||Kristy||9 of 10|
|3||3||Norway → Sweden||Count It / Build It||Lena||9 of 9|||
- Lena & Kristy are the first team to be eliminated in Sweden.
- First all-female team to be eliminated outside the Pit Stop.
- Second team (after Marshall & Lance) to be eliminated on the race course because they were unable to complete a task.
- Kristy is now married to Michael Coleman and has children.
- Vince Horiuchi at The Salt Lake Tribune (11/12/2004): "Amazing Utahns will race around the globe"
- FansOfRealityTV (12/01/2004): "Our Interview with Lena and Kristy"
- Ethan Alter at TV Guide Online (12/03/2004): "Amazing Sister Act Defended"
- AP (12/09/2004): "Amazing Race sisters miss clue in haystack"
- Colleen Harris at Reality Reel Media (02/10/2005): "Interview with Kristy"
Social Media Profiles
- Lena's Facebook: /lena.jensen2
- kristy's Facebook: /kristy.jensencoleman
|The Amazing Race 6 Teams|