Karyn spent most of the Race yelling at Lenny, who trailed along behind her. They struggled, yet managed to escape elimination following several lucky breaks. In India, despite leaving the Roadblock ten minutes before the other teams, they had trouble finding the Pit Stop, and were eliminated in 6th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
"An ever-changing experience."
Lenny and Karyn were introduced by a mutual friend at a New York City basketball game in 1999. They've done some traveling together, and have found the experience "laid back and relaxing." They decided to team up for THE AMAZING RACE because they're both very competitive and they have complementary strengths: Karyn is aggressive, focused and very organized, while Lenny is patient and athletic.
I'd most like to receive a letter from: My mother Joan
Comfort item from home I'll miss the most: CD player and music
Hobby or activity I'll miss the most: Coaching basketball
I'd most like to receive a phone call from: My niece Lorin
Sunday paper I read most often: Daily News Sports
Favorite TV show: Oz, The Sopranos
Favorite Movie: The Fugitive
Favorite Actor: Samuel L. Jackson
Favorite Actress: Lynn Whitfield
Favorite Music: R&B; Jazz; Hip Hop; Salsa; Gospel
I'd most like to receive a letter from: My brother Kevin
Comfort item from home I'll miss the most: Yellow blanket my mom knitted for me
Hobby or activity I'll miss the most: Working with the Red Cross of Metro, New Jersey
I'd most like to receive a phone call from: My parents, George and Nancy
Sunday paper I read most often: Star Ledger
Favorite TV show: Sex and the City
Favorite Movie: The Untouchables
Favorite Actor: Denzel Washington
Favorite Actress: Julia Roberts
Favorite Music: R&B;Gospel
The Amazing Race 1
|Lenny & Karyn's Race History|
|1||1||United States → South Africa → Zambia||Air / Land||Karyn||4 of 11|||
|2||2||Zambia → France||Far / Near||Lenny||9 of 10|
|3||3||France||Tough Climb / Easy Walk||Karyn||7 of 9|
|4||4||France → Tunisia||Full Body Brew / Full Body Massage||Lenny||7 of 8|
|5||5||Tunisia||Listening / Puzzling||Karyn||6 of 7|
|6||6||Tunisia → Italy||Foot / Hoof||Karyn||6 of 6|||
|7||7||Italy → India||Glide / Ride||Karyn||6 of 6|
- Lenny and Karyn broke up after the race, but said that it was unrelated to the stress of the race.
- Lenny has since married and has a son and daughter.
- Karyn started her own law firm in Florida called Karyn D. Jefferson, LLC.
- Lenny & Karyn are the first teams to switch Detour tasks, switching tasks on Leg 6.
- First team to finish last on a Non-Elimination Leg.
- By extension, they are the first team to finish last on a Non-Elimination Leg and finish last on the next leg as well.
- Lenny & Karyn are the first team to be eliminated in India and the first to be eliminated in Asia.
- First all-African-American team on the race to be eliminated.
- Jane Clayson on The Early Show (10/25/2001): "Lenny And Karyn: The End Of The Road (In More Ways Than One)"
- Jacalynn at RealityTVFans (October 2001): "An Interview with Karyn and Lenny"
Social Media Profiles
- Lenny's Facebook: /LennyHudson
- Karyn's Facebook: /kdj2009
- Law Office Page of Karyn's Facebook: /KDJlawfirm
|The Amazing Race 1 Teams|