Marisa Axelrod and Brooke Jackson are a team of Southern Belles on The Amazing Race 13.
The two friends generally found themselves trailing most of their competitors at the back of the pack, save for once finishing near the top of the order in Bolivia after several other teams encountered difficulties or made mistakes. In the following leg in New Zealand, however, they were plagued by navigational problems early on and immediately dropped to last place, from which they never recovered, eliminating them in 8th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
These charming southern belles are best friends and are up for any challenge. They want to prove to the world that they're not just cute blondes and that they can be athletic, cut-throat competitors.
Marisa is currently a broadcast journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She describes herself as ambitious, witty and spontaneous. Her extensive dance training has taught her to be focused and determined, skills that could help her to do well on the race.
Brooke is fascinated with other cultures and can't wait to try out some of the Spanish she learned while living in Spain. She works as a graphic designer and enjoys traveling, painting and being outdoors. She believes that her take-charge attitude will be enough to get them through the rigors of the Race.
She and her best friend are certain this adventure will make them even better friends. And if they have to do a little flirting along the way, they're not opposed to that either – whatever it takes to cross the finish line in first place.
The Amazing Race 13
|Marisa & Brooke's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Brazil||Hard Way Up / Soft Way Down||No Roadblock||10 of 11|
|2||2||Brazil||Beach It / Docket||Marisa||9 of 10|
|3||3||Brazil → Bolivia||Musical March / Bumpy Ride||Marisa||4 of 9|
|4||4||Bolivia → New Zealand||Matter of Time / Matter of Skill||Brooke||8 of 8|
- In April of 2009, Marisa & Brooke served as bridesmaids at the wedding of Survivor: China castaways Jaime Dugan and Erik Huffman.
- Marisa & Brooke have both since married and had two children with their husbands (Kent Cecil and Bryce Sprayberry, respectively).
- Hilary Powell at GoUpstate.com (08/21/2008): "Spartanburg native primed for Amazing Race"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (10/20/2008): "Exclusive Interview - Marisa and Brooke, from The Amazing Race 13
- Nicholas White at People.com (10/20/2008): "Southern Belles Reveal What You Didn't See on The Amazing Race"
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (10/20/2008): "Exclusive: 'The Amazing Race's Marisa Axelrod, Brooke Jackson talk"
- Teeuwynn Woodruff at RealityNewsOnline (10/21/2008): "It's Not Every Day You Get to Wear a Pink Jumpsuit and Get Beat Up by a Woman"
- Todd Gold at Xfinity.com (10/21/2008): "Fake Tattoos, No-Show Cops and Phil's Dad: The Southern Belles On Their Disappointing Elimination From The Amazing Race"
- Mark at Reality Wanted (10/22/2008): "Interview with Southern Belles Marisa and Brooke Of The Amazing Race 13"
Social Media Profiles
- Marisa's Facebook: /12620454
- Brooke's Facebook: /ashleybrooke83
|The Amazing Race 13 Teams|