Mark Jackson and Mallory Christina Ervin are Team Kentucky on The Amazing Race: All-Stars.
As the fan favorites from The Amazing Race 20, Bopper & Mark were a natural selection to return for All-Stars, but Bopper was deemed unfit to compete due to an inflamed pancreas. Mark was given the option to run the Race, and Mallory of Gary & Mallory from The Amazing Race 17 and The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business was asked to replace Bopper.
As expected of a team who barely knew each other, they clashed. Mark felt that Mallory wouldn't listen to his suggestions, and Mallory felt that Mark did not have the same motivation she and her dad did to win. When Mark left his backpack behind, Mallory thought it would be better off in the long-term to leave it, but Mark, having lived life without many material possessions, decided he could not afford to replace his belongings. Their subsequent lack of coordination in the Featherball Detour caused them to get eliminated in 10th Place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
- Age: 47
- Hometown: Manchester, KY
- Connection to Teammate: Team Kentucky
- Current Occupation: Unemployed
- Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Navigating
- Most memorable moment from your first Race: Riding the train through the Swiss Alps.
- Favorite place you visited on your first season: Africa
- Why do you want to run the Race again? Win one million dollars.
- How have you changed since the last time you competed? I haven't, just got a little older.
- What are you passionate about? Helping people, making sure kids have a future and making a difference.
- People would be surprised to learn: Everyone already knows everything about me.
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: Communicating
- Pet peeve about your teammate: He's hard headed.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I'd like to visit Australia because I'm an outdoors guy and would love to see kangaroos.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? Getting my county recognized since we need all the help we can get.
- Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: Learn how to navigate.
- Age: 28
- Hometown: Nashville, TN
- Connection to Teammate: Team Kentucky
- Current Occupation: Entertainer
- Describe what you do: I have 3 brand new ventures I am about to launch. I can't wait for you all to see! I'm still hosting a couple television shows and speaking regularly.
- Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: I can't even see a mistake in our first seasons. In the end we lost in a bad taxi..so I guess getting in that taxi? Yes.
- Most memorable moment from your first Race: Sleeping on the ground in India, with my dad, between the cowboys and the globetrotters..a moment I never would have expected to be in, but one of the best for sure. They're still two of our all-time best race friends and real friends to this day.
- Favorite place you visited on your first season: I liked Zermatt, Switzerland and India on the next one.
- Why do you want to run the Race again? I know I will win it one way or another. And as I am in the beginning of a lot of really exciting ventures, I would love to have the prize.
- How have you changed since the last time you competed? My first two seasons I had just come off of Miss Kentucky and Miss America, they were kind of my identity then. After finishing my reign and then doing two seasons of race back to back at first I didn't know how I could 'top' that. That's when I really changed my mind and started a whole new journey full of real life adventures.
- What are you passionate about? My Family, My Faith, My Hometown, meeting sweet loyal fans, Food(sorry Mom) but for real, speaking to Children, building new businesses, travel(still), and singing…oh, and dancing.
- People would be surprised to learn: That I was Valedictorian, that I've never tried a food I didn't like, that I grew up on a farm with 24 first cousins(I was the oldest).
- Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: If it were my dad I would never fear a thing…ever. He taught me that and he set an example for me that nothing was ever about the money. When you focus on that you lose a lot. My new teammate I will face a lot of challenges. It will be mostly challenges. We don't know each other that well. I don't know how he races or if our styles match, so the challenge will be learning that as we race.
- Pet peeve about your teammate: My dad, that his back is hurt and he can't run this race with me right now. My new partner...I could say a lot, but I guess the main thing is that he's not really the person I expected him to be from watching his first season. But I wish him the best.
- What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Rome: Pope Francis…Greece: I've still never been.
- What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to prove that I can do a lot of great things on my own, that I can set a good example again, and that I can help someone else win a million dollars.
- Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I may have to play all the roles since I don't really know what my partner does. I need to learn how to navigate for sure, and I need to learn to level myself out when I get too excited. My dad used to do that for me, but if he's not with me I have to make these changes in order to stay in the race. Oh and always pack lighter.
The Amazing Race: All-Stars
|Mark & Mallory's Race History|
|Episode||Leg||Destination(s)|| Detour Choice|
|1||1||United States → China||No Detour||Mallory||6 of 11|
|2||2||China||Featherball / China Cup||Mark||10 of 10|
- Mark & Mallory are the second team made of two members from separate seasons, following Eric & Danielle from The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2007).
- However, they are the first team made of two people from different seasons as Eric & Danielle both competed in The Amazing Race 9.
- The first team who had no prior relationship with each other.
- Mallory is the only three-time racer to compete with more than one partner.
- Mallory's Wikipedia page: Mallory Ervin
- Joyce Eng at TV Guide Online (03/03/2014): "Our Communication Was Bad"
- Rob Cesternino at RHAP (03/03/2014): "Amazing Race 2014: Exit Interview with Mark Jackson & Mallory Ervin"
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski at Reality TV World (03/04/2014): "Mark Jackson and replacement partner Mallory Ervin talk" [Parts 1 & 2]
- Elimination Interviews at CBS.com (03/05/2014): "Elimination Interview: Mark and Mallory"
- Daniel Fienberg at HitFix.com (03/09/2014): "Mark & Mallory talk"
Social Media Profiles
- Mallory's Website: malloryervin.com
- Mallory's Facebook: /OfficialMalloryErvin
- Mark's Facebook: /mark.jackson.963
- Mallory's Twitter: @MalloryErvin
- Mallory's YouTube Channel: /MalloryErvin1
|The Amazing Race: All-Stars (2014) Teams|