Mark Munoz and Michael Munoz are a team of Brothers/Stuntmen on The Amazing Race 14.
The brothers were physically fit, though prone to making mistakes, which often led to them being on the back foot compared to their competitors. They also had a tendency for unknowingly violating race rules, which caused their race to unravel. Though their rule-breaking only cost them a first place finish in the first leg in Thailand, their next set of violations earned them two four-hour penalties in the next leg in Thailand. They were spared by a Non-Elimination Leg, but their cumulative penalties rendered them too far behind to catch up to the other teams in the following leg, and they were eliminated in 5th place.
Retrieved from CBS.com
Mark Munoz (48); Michael Munoz (51)
Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif./Maui, Hawaii
Occupation: Mark (Stuntman/Jockey); Michael (Stuntman/Actor)
This Team of brothers has been competing – against everyone else and each other – their entire life. Standing at 4' 9" these married fathers are ready to prove they have what it takes to win one-million dollars.
Mark makes his living as a stuntman and occasionally works as a jockey. This father of two is looking forward to running the Race with his brother in order to continue building on their relationship. Mark believes that the biggest advantage he and his teammate have over their competition is their fitness level and ability to make split second decisions, a skill they have mastered after years of working in physically and mentally demanding fields. Mark enjoys skiing, biking and golfing and describes himself as short, athletic and creative.
Michael is looking forward to working on communication issues he and his brother have had with each other in the past. Michael, also a father of two, splits his time between Maui and Los Angeles. His favorite hobbies include playing music and surfing. He claims that the biggest difference between the two is that he is the surfer and Mark is the skier. Both have worked extensively in films and television including the feature films Van Helsing, Spider-Man, and Seabiscuit.
They chose similar paths in their lives and, after years of surfing big waves and racing horses around a track, they're eager to run the Race of a lifetime with one another for a shot at a million dollars.
The Amazing Race 14
|Mark & Michael's Race History|
|1||1||United States → Switzerland||No Detour||Michael||3 of 11|
|2||2||Switzerland → Germany → Austria||Balancing Dolly / Austrian Folly||Mark||8 of 10|
|3||3||Austria → Romania||Gypsy Moves / Vampire Remains||Mark||5 of 9|
|4||4||Romania → Russia||Stack / Construct||Michael||7 of 8|
|5||5||Russia||Russian Bride / Russian Snowplow||Mark||5 of 7|
|6||6||Russia → India||Movers / Shakers||Mark||6 of 7|
|7||7||India → Thailand||100 Barrels / 2 Miles||No Roadblock||3 of 6|||
|8||8||Thailand||Broken Teeth / Broken Record||Mark||5 of 5|||
|9||9||Thailand → China||Choreography / Calligraphy||Michael||5 of 5|
- Mark & Michael are the first team of dwarfs to compete on The Amazing Race and the second and third dwarfs, following Charla Baklayan Faddoul.
- They are the first male dwarfs.
- Mark & Michael are the oldest sibling team, having an age average of 49.5 while racing.
- Michael is the first contestant to reside in Hawaii.
- Mark & Michael are the first team to get an elimination montage on the American version.
- John Bracchitta at Reality TV World (04/20/2009): "Exclusive: Mark and Michael Munoz talk about 'The Amazing Race'"
- Oscar Dahl at BuddyTV (04/20/2009): "Exclusive Interview: Mark and Michael, from 'The Amazing Race 14'"
- People (04/21/2009): "Amazing Race's Stuntmen Settle the Thai Tranny Debate"
- Mark's Facebook: /mark.munoz.3990
- Michael's Facebook: /michael.munoz.75685
- Michael's Instagram: /michaelmunoz4real
- Mark's Instagram: /markmunoz18
|The Amazing Race 14 Teams|